The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One week after the federal election

One week after the federal election

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I hope we can look at Australia after the election clearly no matter who wins the impact will be felt.
Conservatrives are likly to be the ones who run second in this two horse race but for a start what if Labor fails?
No better chance exists for Labot nore will it for a generation if they fall at this jump.
How do you think that would impact on unions, wages, and the ALP?
Conservative Australia in my mind is blinded in the spotlight of Kevin Rudd, unable to do much more than mud slinging and I truely thing in that week we speak of a debate will start that should be had now.
It seems both partys have followed the voters to the middle and unless the world economy fails very badly not much room exists to move far from there but how do the conservatives rebuild?
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 May 2007 9:41:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We don't need to wait for a week after the elections - we know the results already: WE WILL LOSE.

With two such bad parties as the only viable candidates, there is nothing to look forward to. I have a real problem giving either of them my preference, but due to the existing electoral procedure, this means that my vote may turn informal.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 27 May 2007 12:41:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, what do you do if you miss you mother-in-law?
Reload and shoot straight the next time.
I got my mother-in-law a new chair-but she won't let me plug it in....
These gems coutesy of the Bob Dylan themed radio show.
There is an economist who 20 odd years ago won a Nobel for his work that explained that 2 ice-cream sellers on a beach will end up back to back in the centre of the beach selling essentially the same product in the hope that they will win 50% plus one of the available custom..... applicable to politics c2007.Its all bells and whistles, and the differances are strictly at the margins.
One week after a Labor victory? Rudd wondering how he will sell a decision to keep troops in Iraq? How he will shaft Julia? and yes, WorkChoices will be flushed.
Posted by palimpsest, Sunday, 27 May 2007 11:08:07 PM
In the first week conservatives will heap blame on Howard, some who do not even understand workchoices now will blame it.
A Medea focused on keeping Howard in power will try to play down its bias and pretend they always wanted change.
A struggle to rebuild the conservative party's will bring a brand new leader.
And the great debate this government should be having now will begin, how did they miss use or even not use that mandate?
No minor issue this election will change Australian politics forever, yes Labor could still fail but it looks very unlikely.
A question for conservative and ALP voters.
How could both not see poor ALP policy's and even worse leadership won Howard's elections, not Howard alone, after all a blue cattle dog on three legs would lead better than Latham and Crean.
A side line? the Medea will be full of now hidden story's about the impact of John Howard's wife on conservative politics in Australia.
No lessor role than the spite filled failures Crean and whats his name.
Kevin Rudd? go you good thing!
Posted by Belly, Monday, 28 May 2007 7:29:12 AM
if the goal of australia's schools is to educate in english, and political theory, their collective mark is: fail, and fail.

australia will wake up after the election and discover changing rulers doesn't bring much relief. <insert usual diatribe against pollie rule, for democracy.> pay attention now: "i tole ya so!" in advance, because i'm so confident you'll get tired of kevvie too. those who've lived through the last five governments will know the feeling.
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 28 May 2007 8:14:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One week after the election, if the Libs win with Howard, there will be an all out pooh fight between Costello and Turnbull, which Turnbull will win if public opinion is taken into account.

The mood of the nation will shift because it's so tied up with Howard's attitudes. Whether they win or lose, Howard will go.

If Labor win the mood of the nation will shift. Janet Albrechtson and Andrew Bolt will go on prophesying doom but everyone else will be focused on what happens next. Where do we go from here instead of where have we been and who do we hate the most under Howard.
Posted by chainsmoker, Monday, 28 May 2007 11:15:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy