The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Self inflicted medical conditions

Self inflicted medical conditions

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Suse, I know 2 men who like men in high heals, but that's another story.
Posted by May May, Sunday, 12 October 2014 2:39:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline, "I have never worn high heel shoes, by the way....."

I knew it, you are large aren't you?

The cruel world of being confined to slip-ons. Any wonder you are forever dumping on men.

It isn't what they have done to you but rather what they didn't. LOL

High heels are a delight on a woman who respects and takes care of herself. Speaking of which, for some years now the sweet young things looking very cute on the beach have not been having it all to themselves. There is an increasing number of women who are well into middle age but certainly don't look it, who eschew the 'comfort' foods and are active, remaining lithe and flexible. Must say though that the women and men who do keep themselves tip-top are apparently middle income or better. Self-respect also seems to be reflected in achieving success in life.

Nothing like avoiding those Boston Buns grrrls and taking some walks. Do try to think positive and don't let that smile crack your face.

From my close observations over time at the 'boatie', high heels go with a sunny disposition, twinkling eyes and a welcoming smile. Add light summer fashion and WOW!

True, some heels could be foolishly high and precarious. They are usually found only on celebs for a short appearance though. However being a blimp, particularly one of those snarling types in a luminous outfit and sandals at the local Maccas, has health consequences too and worse.

Number one contributor to serious health problems - obesity.
Number two " " " " " - bad attitude.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 12 October 2014 3:12:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No OTB, wrong again, I am neither tall nor 'large'.
Neither will I describe anything else about myself to you.

I imagine you are short, bald and drive an old mini?
Do you , and your good mate Is Mise, feel inadequate next to women in high heels then, is that the problem?
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 12 October 2014 5:02:35 PM
Onthebeach, could you please supply a link to a photo (neck down of course) of YOU? Hmm, thought not.
Posted by May May, Sunday, 12 October 2014 5:02:48 PM
Yes high heels may give ladies a posture that is bad for them, but it sure is sexy, if they are slim.

I met my lady in 76, when I came back from the pacific islands. We spent the 77/78 cyclone season in Auckland Creek, Gladstone, on the boat. We would often have a meal at the yacht club.

Being a modern young thing, at that time, she had a pair of those dreadful "wedgey" things, with almost 2" thick cork under the foot, & about 4" or 5" at the heel. They looked & were extremely dangerous.

The walk from the club to the dingy parking area was far from smooth, & the second time she fell off the things walking to the dingy, slightly injuring herself, I decided to take action.

I waited for an ebb tide the next day, found the things, took them up on deck, & launched then, inviting her to wave them goodbye. I can't remember if she cried, but she was close to it, if not.

I don't know if she has ever forgiven me for this contribution to her health & wellbeing, but I know I did the right thing. I did take her shopping for something stylish, but less dangerous.

Strangely she is wearing higher heels today, than she has for years. Being a senior manager in your last few years before retirement is not good for your health it would appear.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 12 October 2014 5:08:29 PM
"I knew it, you are large aren't you?

The cruel world of being confined to slip-ons. Any wonder you are forever dumping on men."

Lol!.... was waiting for otb's sexist rant...coz he's an expert on the girlie's - or thinks he is.

"High heels are a delight on a woman who respects and takes care of herself. Speaking of which, for some years now the sweet young things looking very cute on the beach have not been having it all to themselves. There is an increasing number of women who are well into middle age but certainly don't look it, who eschew the 'comfort' foods and are active, remaining lithe and flexible. Must say though that the women and men who do keep themselves tip-top are apparently middle income or better. Self-respect also seems to be reflected in achieving success in life."

Gawd!...so "tottering"...I say "tottering" about in very high heels is looking after oneself?

So, having inadvertently stumbled upon OLO's very first (and best) beauty salon.....what would Monsieur otb suggest for Poirot, ensconced in her early fifties, opinionated, 5' 4", size 12...anything to cultivate litheness, flexibility, back problems, bunions?
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 12 October 2014 6:07:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy