The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > CONSTITUTIONAL CHANGE and CULTURAL IDENTITY.

CONSTITUTIONAL CHANGE and CULTURAL IDENTITY.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Gees Boazy you are a patronising pr!ck
Posted by alanpoi, Sunday, 27 May 2007 10:42:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan... I'm trying to engage and remove barriers.. but thanx for the criticism... I surely need it. I'll take it as constructive and well meant.

Pericles, I summed up the British attitude. No matter what they were up to, they cared little for racial harmony except in how it fed the coffers of Empire.

The redeeming glory of the Empire is that it produced such scholars as Muir on whom I rely considerably for information about Islamic origins.
http://www.answering-islam.de/Main/Books/Muir/Life2/index.htm

cheers.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 27 May 2007 11:20:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Preamble to the Australian Constitution

We the people of Australia, having come from all lands on earth, commit to this Constitution.

We call on all future legislators to protect the rights of Australian citizens seven generations hence, each and every time they consider making new laws.

For justice we require; freedom from discrimination of any description, be it on the grounds of race, gender, sexuality, age, marital status, religion or political belief or any other failure to respect group or individual rights to freedom.

We establish as inviolable and mandatory, the right to free education as a national imperative to enable our people to develop their talents to the fullest. We consider the provision of quality education for all, the soundest basis for our defence and prosperity.

We will honour our treaties and international obligations to the United Nations. Any Government that attempts to break our commitment must relinquish office and take the issue to the people.

Further we command and establish Citizen led Referendum and the vote as both an absolute right and responsibility.

We establish as inviolable and mandatory, the principle that our armed forces shall never be used to make or begin an offensive war and will only ever act internally or beyond our borders, to defend and protect the security of or citizens and the sovereignty of our republic. The use of our armed forces against the human rights of immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers and any of our peoples in times of civil unrest, is repugnant to the memory of those who have served our nation and would debase the honourable military tradition we hold so dear.

We therefore, mandate that all civil unrest whether it is generated internally or from beyond our borders shall be addressed by our civilian police force under civil law.

And so, we pass to you who follow the care of our beloved Australia, honour our trust, and sustain our democracy with courage, integrity, fairness and good humour.
Posted by lorry, Monday, 28 May 2007 12:34:54 PM
Hi Lorry.. not a bad effort there mate... and welcome to this thread.

Clearly, that version which you offered, contains a lot of ideas which need to be looked at more closely, but 2 points I'll pick up on here....

BACKGROUND STATEMENT.

Amnesty International has recently taken a rather idiological stance re abortion. The general secretary is a Muslim.
(Irene Khan)

RELEVANCE to the UN.
My worry always, is that the concept of 'Human Rights' is defined by people who have not considered many dangerous ramifications of such a policy. The UN being a pseudo political body, a venue where many horrific regimes and simply 'greedy' ones, or.. cultural interests (Japanese whaling) seek to control the body for their own benefit.
UN conventions are not really needed, we just need 2 simple principles for life, which, can be reduced to '1' if we agree that the world 'might' have occurred simply by chance and that the Almighty is not there.

The 2 Principles are a)Love God b) Do for others as you would have them do for you.

If the idea of God is rejected, then we are left with 'Do for others'.

Now it becomes very tricky. Without any divine authority for that, we are faced with the likes of China, and other atheistic or.. militant religious regimes who have pretty much zero interest in such quaint ideas as doing nice things to others unless it serves their national or religious interest.

I wish there were some inalienable, certain, sure, enduring human princple which could guide us all, that we could all agree on, but the sad truth is... mostly its just make it up as you go with the 2 'primal' instincts of
1/Survival-self (and own kind) preservation.
2/Self (or own kind) propogration.
3/Self (and own kind) gratification.

Me..I live under the Almighty and His grace in Christ Jesus. I know of no other workable alternative.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 28 May 2007 1:14:41 PM
Boaz_David said......

Me..I live under the Almighty and His grace in Christ Jesus. I know of no other workable alternative.

Perhaps part of my beliefs (or delusions you may prefer to say) is that there is another workable alternative. Surely there's enough people in the World that could forsake hatred, greed, anger and superstition long enough to actually care for all the animals and people and plants on this Earth?
Humanists go a long way down this path, as do Buddhists, but both continue to believe in a greater power. Buddhist believe in re-incarnation. Humanists believe in the power of humanity alone which is essentially flawed. You, David, have all the right stuff, but about there being a God or someone who walked on Earth thought to be the son of God, well, on that we'll have to agree to disagree.
I've read the New Testament. I've read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as you mentioned above on many occasions. At one time I attended bible classes, yet that scientific notion of "proof" kept gnawing at the back of my mind. Eventually, I had to concede that I didn't believe what I read in the bible. You can't continue to sit on the fence. I had to be true to myself and attempt a life's path of "do no harm."
Already, I'm overstepping that boundary because I realise these words could well cause you mental anguish. That is not my intention.
All I wish is that you would use scientific argument instead of quotes from a book that not everybody on this site adheres to.
I'll say no more on the subject as this is not a site intended for that purpose, except to say.... Thanks David for the opportunity and your obvious care.
Posted by Aime, Monday, 28 May 2007 2:46:29 PM
Dear BOAZ, Your proposed changes to Constitutional and Cultural identity, is not necessary, as the Howard government has been working on your wishes for eleven years. Pauline kicked the process off by denigrating Aboriginals and Asians, Howard appropriated Pauline's hatred and added Muslims to his hate list.
Aime, i totally agree with you, i too suffered torture and cruelty at the hands of the catholics. Religions are responsible for the hatred and ignorance, so apparent in the world today.
The religious USA administration, is the major torturer and punisher , and with the most blood on it,s hands in today,s mad mad world.
Posted by Sarah101, Tuesday, 29 May 2007 7:47:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy