The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > XDR TB

XDR TB

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Indi, how long did it take you to come up with that one? I wouldn't be making reference to 'The Peter Principle' based on that every one rises to their maximum level of incompetence. A person who by your own admission is a moron has risen to a position where their level of incompetence puts them above your level of incompetence. What do you do for 'the boss', peel his bananas?
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 11 September 2014 7:40:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What do you do for 'the boss', peel his bananas?
Paul1405,
You obviously haven't learnt yet that the Peter Principle can't work in Trades & other practical fields.
Doe changing car tyres equal peeling bananas ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 11 September 2014 10:53:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Does changing car tyres equal peeling bananas? I wouldn't know, but you can tell me when you catch one! LOL
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 12 September 2014 5:40:36 AM
You two are both totally bananas!

( :>)
Posted by Ludwig, Friday, 12 September 2014 8:06:50 AM
Ludwig,

Back on topic, I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with your last two posts, we won't discuss the banana one, but the other one is certainly worth discussing. It seems to me economic growth is treated as being unquestionable, sacrosanct, by both the Labor and Liberal Parties, akin to canon law in the Catholic Church, and anyone who questions it is a blasphemer and a heretic. A quarter of negative growth and the alarm bells are ringing, two quarters and open up the soup kitchens.
Australia with its zero percent of the World's population cannot reasonable act in isolation, even thought there are some who think we can. They prescribe to some kind of idiotic isolationist nonsense that while turmoil reigns over the rest of the world, Australia would remain immune and left alone to do its own thing. that would be a fairy tail in the extreme.
I watched Obama talking tough on TV last night, the US is going to go after ISIS with all its military might. For a short term populists politician he said all the right things, could not say much else. What happens if the US and its allies including Australia are militarily successful against this set of crazies. What is next, another group of even bigger and more fanatical lunatics strutting their stuff, and we go after them? I Think until we come up with a world solution to the problems cause by inequality, and a lack of sustainability, we are not going to enjoy a completely happy life, our children and grandchildren even less so. Well nourished and contented people don't chop heads off. If we are being treated to this level of turmoil in the world with a population of 7 billion, what will it be like when its 14 billion or 28 billion if nothing changes.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 12 September 2014 9:35:12 AM
when its 14 billion or 28 billion
Paul1405,
I envy your optimism but I'm afraid we'll never get to that figure because the cut-off point is being reached now at 8 billion. You perhaps can feed 8 billion but the mess they create is not managable. I don't think there's anyone out there with the audacity & stupidity to suggest it can be done, not even an academic.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 13 September 2014 5:51:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy