The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dole bludgers take a bow!

Dole bludgers take a bow!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. All
It is hard to know what the truth is, full employment is said to be Five % unemployed for one reason or another. If you subtract the genuinely unemployed, and the ones with not enough disability to be out of the system, This is what you must know before you can brand anyone a dole bludger. As for the coalition cracking down on dole bludgers without those figures is an exercise more than being fair dinkum.
Besides it is impossible to believe anything this govt; says or does.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 1 June 2014 11:44:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I have said in the past. Why not get rid of the Dole and all other pensions?

If all working Australians had a “universal basic income” linked to Australia’s GDP we would have no requirement for any pensions or the bureaucratic system and red tape that feeds on it. It is critical that to receive this income everyone must do something meaningful work relevant to their ability for a specific time to receive it. No sit down money! Personal annual income from all sources would have to be restricted and scaled to a proportion of GDP also. This has nothing to do with how much wealth an individual has, only personal annual income.

The aged pension under such a system would be an age that an individual would no longer have a compulsion do something meaningful for a specific time to receive it. This is not to say that the aged should not continue to work if they choose as many do now for no reward to prop up the existing system.
Linking “unconditional basic income” to GDP would mean that the level would rise and fall with productivity and therefore would remain affordable. It would also ensure that we do not descend into a country of entitled bludger’s.

Clearly this is a simplistic presentation and there are a lot of nuances that would have to be considered. Linking executive pay to company’s lowest paid staff member, overall social responsibility and giving greater reward to the producers of GDP are just a few.

No dole bludgers and more importantly no corporate bludgers.

Full employment and no debt.
Posted by Producer, Sunday, 1 June 2014 12:10:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where did communism ever work. If you take away the incentive to work, productivity will take a hit. Full employment = no such thing.
There will always be people not willing to work for anything, without rounding them up, and extermination.
Why does the govt; believe 5 % is full employment.
You must say the govt; has a hand in creating unemployment. It stabilises wages growth.
Victoria is facing massive unemployment, but you will hear little about it, as vic can absorb, far greater than other states.
Posted by 579, Sunday, 1 June 2014 12:54:35 PM
579 - No communism does not work, nor does capitalism.

Communism assumes there is equality. Capitalism inflates entitlement.

The best incentive for work is to take away the incentive if there is no work.

We need a system that rewards productive pursuits over parasite ones.

We need to reward the farmer more than the politician.

We need to contain expenditure within productivity.

We need a system that is fair, more proportional.

Nobody on this forum has ever been able to convince me otherwise.

Everyone on the dole is not a bludger.

Every bludger is not on the dole.

A bludger not on the dole cost us significantly more.
Posted by Producer, Sunday, 1 June 2014 1:56:44 PM
Mikk,
People like yourself rant about people dying because they can't afford the "tax" on a doctor's visit, but think nothing of having smart phones, eating at restaurants and drinking regularly, playing lotto each week, and taking overseas holidays each year. And you have the gall to expect that you shouldn't pay a small amount on your health when you visit a doctor?. In fact, by your standards we are poor.I drive a 16 year old car, have a $30.00 basic cell phone in case I need to call RAC should my old faithful crap out while I'm driving, and last took a holiday 15 years ago so we could keep top health cover.
I feel you must be one of the younger instant gratification generation
who expect government to take care of you while you indulge your lifestyle, expecting government to support you cradle to grave.
Count your blessings Mikk!! You could learn much from the older generation. Most of us worked 6 days a week from age 14 or 15, and started married lives in a small flat while we saved for our first [small] house. And we saved for our retirement years because there was no superannuation scheme.
To date I have offered dole bludgers $20 per hour for work we need done, and have had NO takers! All of them had smart phones though, and when I asked them how they spend their time I was told they watch t.v. play games on their gadgets or hang out with their mates. Not one of them was interested in taking any courses to learn something, and most of them didn't even know what they'd be interested in anyway.
So before venting on this forum, a little research on your part into the conditions now compared with that of the older generation may make you realise just how lucky you are!! We older ones created not only a better life for you, but unfortunately we also appear to have overindulged you, and created a selfish, whining crop of younger people. So now we have to say Mea culpa!
Posted by worldwatcher, Sunday, 1 June 2014 1:57:57 PM
We need to clearly understand the motives of rehctub and the "accurate" meaning of his opening post.

Rehctub feigns sympathy for genuine Newstart recipients. The accurate truth is he doesn't give a rat's rear in Hell about them. His entrenched political correctness/ideology is that Newstart recipients are simply bludgers, sponging on his ability to comfortably live off his generous superannuation. To rehctub, it's all about "him, him, him", and he sees Newstart recipients as a threat. Yep, crazy, far right wing political correctness gone mad.
Posted by Nhoj, Sunday, 1 June 2014 2:23:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy