The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Hazards of Status!

The Hazards of Status!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
You do the self-righteous outrage rather well.

Go back to your opening post and consider how silly it was to blame others and to demand more laws to control 'them', when you were driving a 'monstrosity' yourself.

Think insight and accountability for your own actions.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 9 June 2014 3:14:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
otb,

Pigeons are in no position to give advice
to others on how to behave when they crap
all over the place.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 June 2014 3:31:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there FOXY...

You're so right, marriage these days is very much a team effort ! Whereas forty or fifty years ago, the traditional roles dictated that the husband was the bread winner, and the wife, the homemaker. When I was first married and very junior in the job, without both the financial and moral support of my dear wife, we'd be in some trouble trying to service a large mortgage, back then ?

Apropos ONTHEBEACH, I reckon much of what he says is 'tongue in cheek', which can be occasionally construed as either derisive or indirectly, impertinent. In my opinion, he's a pretty decent sort of bloke with a solid grasp on life per se, and that of current political reality. Notwithstanding he's clearly from the right, which does motivate and influence much of what he says, and that doesn't always delight his critics ?

It's no secret either, that my political views are so far to the right, it would make Genghis Khan look like a 'leftie' !

FOXY, I would also like to join SALTPETRE in wishing you all the very best for your scheduled procedure on the 21st of July. I'm sure it'll prove most successful for you on this occasion !
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 9 June 2014 3:59:17 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That is fair comment, o sung wu.

What is at issue here is the (entitled Left) foolishness and arrogance that would propose more law to 'solve' anything and everything they happen not to agree with. In the subject case, something than caused a minor wait and not even discomfort. First World whining of the entitled. Refer back to the OP. Honestly how difficult is it to take one's turn and care when leaving a car park?

What I don't take lightly at all are invasions of our freedom and liberty. We Aussies need to learn to be very concerned indeed and take action where others propose more regulations, ie laws, to control us. All for our own 'good' of course.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 9 June 2014 4:40:05 PM
G'day there ONTHEBEACH...

Nobody, neither left nor right wishes to live under a 'nanny state' ! We all have too much government intrusion into our lives, without giving them anymore invasive powers to interfere with either our privacy or our freedoms. Moreover, I don't trust governments anymore, whatever their proposal, whatever their promises. Once bitten, twice shy ?
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 9 June 2014 5:10:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

Once again Thank You for your well wishes.
They are greatly appreciated.

As for politics?

Many people nowdays don't see things in views
of Left/Right. They look at the descriptors
of Left and Right as anachronistic paradigms that
divide people. Besides, most people don't vote as a
bloc on issues. There are
conservative voters who are at times - quite progressive on
certain issues just as there are progressive voters who are
quite conservative on certain issues as well. We are
all individuals and for most of us sweeping generalisations
don't really apply. Therefore divisions of ethnicity, gender,
sexual orientation, occupation, class, age, all need
to be questioned.

I look forward to further discussions with you
on another thread.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 June 2014 6:18:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All