The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One of the Most Hated PMs in the World

One of the Most Hated PMs in the World

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Most heated world leader?
Over a wink?
On *radio*?

Can our political discourse get any more pathetic?
Posted by Shockadelic, Monday, 26 May 2014 4:17:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not our political discourse, that what the US thinks of proceedings here. You must admit Abbott has not made many friends by telling porkies as long as a jumbo jet.
Not only are they lies they are being defended to the hilt. Past performances in parliament about people that tell lies is unforgivable.
So Abbott set the stage and fell into his own trap.
The whole election was based on lies. So why would their not be repercussions of the biggest dimensions. libers have to be dumfounded by the actions of this lot.
Arrogance is abounding, and not to be taken likely. Our future relies on govt; and if you cant trust govt; you can have no faith in what they say or do.
Posted by 579, Monday, 26 May 2014 4:31:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tony Abbott is hated very much by the same noisy handful of Left whinger fruitcakes, just as he was hated before the election, and as Howard and all those that show up the left for the incompetent wind bags they are.

The most loathed PM of all time has to go to Juliar who was so bad that her own colleagues threw her out to replace her with KRudd who had been previously tossed out for incompetence and lunatic behaviour.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 26 May 2014 7:02:11 PM
Dear Shadow minister,

My sister is a single mother raising a son currently in primary school.

She works in a secretarial job through the week and spends many weekends at her own start up small business in the cleaning industry just to make ends meet. She has worked damn hard since my nephew came on the scene and has managed to buy a modest home in which to raise her son. She was incredibly resentful when Julia Gillard stripped her of some of the government assistance that made a big difference in their lives. Probably a swinging voter, though definitely steering more towards Liberal than Labour, I have little doubt Abbott got her vote in the last election. She was around today and I raised the question of Abbott. Her response? A derisive snort and a terse 'Give me Gillard any day, and that is saying something'.

I would love to see you call her a “Left whinger fruitcake” because I am confident you would be missing limbs as a result. In fact why don't you give her a wink?

Although her primary source of income is now under threat as the business that employs her is in a town with a car industry in its death throes she is one very determined lady whom I sure will survive, but I'm pretty damn sure Abbott will never win her back.

I for one certainly hope there are others in the Liberal Party who are a dismissive and derisive as you are because that is the best way in the world to ensure Abbott is a one term PM.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 26 May 2014 7:42:07 PM
Funny how these reactionary neo-con throwbacks can dish out the bile and confected outrage from under the skirts of their media masters but can't take it when the public bites back.

Much (but not all) of Gillard's loss of popularity was due to selective and aggressive media manipulation and lies but the blame for Abbott's fall is all his own work.

In context is the fuss about "the wink" somehow worse than the criticism of Gillard's earlobes and wardrobe?
Were the recent public protests deliberately staged by Abbott supporters like those against Gillard were alleged to have been staged by her supporters?

Lies are lies and lying about lying doesn't cancel them out and to continue with that line makes it worse.

The wall-punching idealogue who used to drive around with his mates abusing women and gays during his Uni days is starting to unravel.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 26 May 2014 9:50:49 PM
I'm a fruit-cake who hated Abbott before the election because I knew him too well. Now, everybody else does too and the polls reflect this.

On the positive side all this makes Shad's ceaseless bleating about carbon pricing seem even more pale and wan, and it's given us a new word for lying. It's called telling a 'tony'.

Tell me another one, Shad.
Posted by Luciferase, Monday, 26 May 2014 10:18:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All