The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > One of the Most Hated PMs in the World

One of the Most Hated PMs in the World

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
After the 'Wink the Shook the Nation' the Washington Post declared Tony Abbott one of the most unpopular Prime Ministers in the world, which Australian media translated into most hated in the world.

Perhaps the Australian translation is correct. With humble pie smeared all over my face, and as a defender of Tony Abbott before the election I now sit here dazed and confused. I have never seen anyone or any Party self destruct like this before.

Promising to get rid of the carbon tax as first thing on the agenda if elected and after three years of calling Julia Gillard a liar everyday, Tony proceeds to do exactly the same thing and put himself in an even worse position. I hate to say this but it looks like he's got no brains what-so-ever.

My biggest gripe/disappointment is how badly this all reflects on Australian politics. Back to back Party Leaders days out from an election go on National TV specifically to make a promise/s they believe will put them in good stead with the people and then just months after getting into office proceed to do the opposite, without shame. And as for Big Clive... heaven helps us if he gets in.

I am thoroughly disgusted.
Posted by sbr108, Sunday, 25 May 2014 3:23:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What can I say, but Yep.

Only difference is; I absolutely did not support Abbott before the election…. except regarding stopping the boats, which they are well on track to doing.
Posted by Ludwig, Monday, 26 May 2014 8:20:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
oh dear
im seeing the latest campain/assassin\attemPt
on as sitting member/getting replaced..to install yet another\banker into power/by a coup

[and joe'was selling/us..out\for other bankers/
ironic..tony..bowing..before big money.[SADLY]..mate that failed

its time/to transaction tax.
go for popularity/OR\..your going to get screwed/2\by a banker

watch/the organization..of the came*pain
your number one..[not the pm/who killed the jews..,
nor the greek banker-pm..who gave-up..his/trusts-treasure...gold[like ukrane/pm..did..no not/them s-cum tony..

*you*
because/you
didnt/stand-up/for the poor
inevitably..the ELITE...SOLD YOU-OUT.

think about it tony
why do they want you/common/pond-scum/likehawker..gone?

cause the/backup..bankers-seat/butt..is/sitting\waiting/in tHE PEW.
[WHO LIKE AL*GORE CLAIMS..HE INVENTED..THE INTERNET/OR\rather/meterd/restriction[enron-pricing]../lol\carbon-taxes[IE ASIO/CIA/FBI/AGENTS..[MANY..ARE..AGENTS..FOR FOREIGN/POWERS..ANYHOW/

/HOW About the pol-pot pm/
killing tutsies/hitsies/angolians/sudeneeze/serbs poles homo/homeless/jews

[were..they better?]

disposssed/hated\despised/and good/ol tony =top ten?
yeah/RIGHT..GOOGLE SEARCH/REVEALS*PAID TREASON..media/complicity..RIGHT?

get real/its..a campain
[google//has been paid..to pUTche'..THIS barrow..now.

think about/how high..this treason[OF BANKSTERS..GLOBALLY]..goes

why does\google/EVEN..ACTING..[lol..not-]POLITICAL
why/''g''..want you tony..specificly..TO BE..the top evil pm?

huh?

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=`MOST+HATED+MINISTERS #News for `MOST HATED MINISTERS[Sky*..[da,,[self-deletion/sky\front-running?..[murder-rock/or..patter/packer.?

of course,is nothing new for Tony Abbott, who's quickly becoming one of the world's most hated prime ministers.” But the article doesn't

around the world:..“This, of course, is nothing new for Tony Abbott, who'squickly becoming one of the world's most hated prime ministers.”.#How Australia's winking Tony Abbott became one of the world's most ...

This, of course, is nothing new for Tony Abbott, who's quickly becoming one ofthe world's most hated prime ministers. He just unveiled a

...#e Washington Post says Tony Abbott is becoming the world's most ...www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1395880‎* CachedA RADIO interview, a wink and a “draconian austerity” budget have earned TonyAbbott the title of “one of the world's most unpopular Prime ...
for easy passage of his signature budget measures.....

Abbott, who's quickly becoming one of the world's most hated prime ministers.#2 February 2012: Judging Australia's worst prime minister - Abcwww.abc.net.au/unleashed/3805180.html‎* Cached* Similar2 Feb 2012 ... SmithW,I could not agree less,Until now Whitlam was the most ..... No, love thePrime Minister or hate her, at least have the temerity to look at ...
Posted by one under god, Monday, 26 May 2014 10:03:24 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The boats are stopping, or do you mean they are under control. Are we ever going to be able to not keep them under control. An ongoing cost for ever.
The boaters will eventually end up in Malaysia, cambodia is in human rights turmoil.
Abbott has wreaked the coalition machine single handedly, without resistance. He still believes he has done no wrong, that is a sure sign they can never go forward. A new leader is in order, and put a responsible budget together, without the false information
Posted by 579, Monday, 26 May 2014 11:28:04 AM
Dear sbr108,

I have felt that in every Federal election in the last 30 years the Australian public has pretty well got it right, even if I have occasionally detested their choice. As much as I despised Howard after his first term the opposition never produced anything that could have been regarded as a decent alternative until Rudd.

As in the Howard era I have been prepared to respect the nation's choice and to ride Abbott out with depressingly little confidence of a decent alternative. My only aid has been a browser extension that replaces Abbott's photo with a picture of a kitten. It can be found here http://stoptonymeow.com/ and is remarkably effective in tempering spikes in one's blood pressure.

This is the first time I think they may have got it wrong and given the rabble that was the Labour Party by the end that is a big call. While this is a personal assessment it appears I am not alone.

What I think is being quickly eroded among those who elected him is respect for their individual choice. While the 'hip pocket nerve' is certainly a huge factor in elections I think most people try and do what is right by our nation with their vote. When they see the determined unraveling and privatisations of institutions that they know are vital to this country they rightly become distressed, not only for what is occurring now but because it has caused them to question their own judgement in electing Abbott in the first place.

In that you have my sympathy. I do not condemn your election choice because it was made on the best evidence you had before you. Promises were part of that evidence and I understand your current anger.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 26 May 2014 1:14:40 PM
Australia was taken for a ride by three word slogans, they were believable, and hard to argue against.
Abbott's array of promises were nothing but deliberate lies.
To take away the lifestyles of Australian people is just not on and Abbott's biggest blunder. The living conditions of Australians were hard fought for and not negotiable.
Australians want that level of comfort, so if the comfort level costs more so be it. The only way is to up the GST and do not touch the living conditions of the people.
This govt; sees the only way is to pull down living standards, is it their job to do that, when there are other options, of course not it's Abbott's untruthful agenda at play, and not in the interests of Australian people.
Posted by 579, Monday, 26 May 2014 1:39:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy