The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We need Julia to take on the government

We need Julia to take on the government

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Individual wrote, "What did Abbott lie about?". Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha -- the political correctness of poor ol' individual knows no bounds. Hilarious.
Posted by Nhoj, Sunday, 4 May 2014 12:46:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
<<what did Abbott lie about ? He was forced to change his thinking>>
good one Indi,

With Howard it was core and non-core promises. With Abbott its a case of, I don't lie, I just change my thinking. "Did I say I wouldn't introduce any news taxes, I've just changed my thinking and I'm going to introduce a leave on tax."
I recall Abbott was held in very low regard during the Howard years, and that was by Liberals! I wounder why?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 4 May 2014 12:55:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
individual,

Tony Abbott lied about no new taxes, it was a lie because he knew about the state of the national economy before the election.
Joe Hockey surely knew as well.
The Liberal Party must have known as TA was/is the leader.

The numbers were there to be seen before the election, before making promises or using tricky statements to deceive voters.

There was and still is data showing the expenditure and debt and GDP and all other indicators about the state of the national economy of Australia.

Australian people are not stupid like some bigots think.
Using the words "debt levy" for a new tax is like Julia Gillard calling "carbon tax", "carbon pricing".

Individual's should not be fooled by media spin about Abbott finding out about the debt, after the election. Forced to find out, how outrageous.

Everyone should help get Australia moving ahead instead of backwards.
For example the medical system is an industry that consumes medicine and supplies that create business and employment and tax revenue from their manufacturing, and from associated employment. Medical services should be properly serviced and the industry developed further, instead of suffering any cutbacks.

The writing is on the wall with TA leading. Shut it down, cut it back, sell off public assets, play roads and trains between cities, play fighter aeroplanes, import whatever with whatever commissions, sell the export beef industry, forget living off the sheep's back, have no oil refinery in Aus, let states sell power poles built and owned by pensioners, take more indicators like fish off the CPI so as to hide self interest political donation projects.

Productive infrastructure is needed, business and employment and export generating infrastructure, not train and plane toys for the boys.

The Liberal Party should change it's leader.

Tony Abbott once said himself, to the effect, there is need to get what he says in writing for it to happen.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 4 May 2014 1:15:56 PM
JF Aus,
There's one thing I absolutely abhore about Abbott & that is that he didn't knock back the payrise, same goes for Newman. Then there is that stupid parental thing but I believe that's already been revised to more moral levels. Listening to Macca on the radio this morning (ABC of all things) & there was a chap saying what we all should be saying. We can't go on like this expecting all services without paying for them. So when Abbott is talking about increasing costs he's obviously talking about a user pays system, fine by me but not fine by the hangers-on.
You say productive infrastructure is needed, yes it is but for that you need a population that's prepared to work. Where do you get that here ? Not among the lefties that's for sure.
What do you say should be done then with non-productive infrastructure ? Hold onto it at great cost ? No, sell it off. Get rid of useless & expensive bureaucrats & introduce a national service.
Did Abbott lie or is he forced to go back on promises ? I think it's the latter.
Anyhow, I think it counter productive to argue about things that may or may not occur in the minds of the lefties. I can see some improvement since the departure of the duds & hopefully it'll snowball.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 4 May 2014 1:35:33 PM
Individual wrote, "you need a population that's prepared to work, where do you get that? No among the lefties".

Let's examine the intelligence level of that quote from individual. With his far right wing "political correctness", he's putting forth the supposition that the only people who work are right wing people to the right of left wing people.

Now, if my year 6 son wrote that inaccurate dribble (the quote from individual) in an exam, he would undoubtedly get a *FAIL* for sheer stupidity.

Poor Individual. He's no "individual". He merely blindly follows his version of political correctness.
Posted by Nhoj, Sunday, 4 May 2014 1:50:34 PM
I think Julia and Shorten and Howard and Abbott have done their dash. It's over for them. We have seen their style of leadership and they are not wanted. Howard even lost his seat.
Shorten got in because their new leader voting system is stacked against the voting people. Abbott got in by one vote, a vote apparently from his former leader Howard.

Those hanging on should be provided with food coupons. There is not any deterrent in what they are being paid, in reality there is incentive to stay home without paying fares or fuel to get to work and back. Another deterrent to work is low pay in an economy of high prices, like why work for almost nothing? Employers should get tax breaks or subsidies to pay workers properly, adequately. It is amazing how left and right people have a will to work when the money is good and fair. And if they don't work with good pay, goodbye.

I fear Australian business and lifestyle will now go downhill, already is, until the likes of Anthony Albanese and Julie Bishop get to be leaders.

(last post limit coming up I think)
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 4 May 2014 2:24:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy