The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What exactly are the policies of Palmer United Party.

What exactly are the policies of Palmer United Party.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Potentially could he be as bad as the Greens?

Quote from a recent article "Mr Palmer is opposed to offshore processing"

Exactly what does he think should happen to the tens of thousands of economic invaders.
Maybe he is looking for cheaper labor.

The MSM urgently needs to get to what he intends to do about and other issues.

Some issues are self explanatory like the mining tax, it will save him lots of money when repealed.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 7 April 2014 2:49:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I heard him speaking to the media yesterday, and there are a few points of interest.

Firstly, I don't think he would be so popular, if we had popular major parties, because I do think a fair amount of his support has been gained through protest votes.

He made a comment about provisional tax, which on principle I agree with because it's a cruel tax that often kills off small business as they get smashed if the have a good starting year, then get smashed even harder with PT, with the main problem being that it's against the law to borrow for tax bills.

What he did suggest is that if the tax were deferred and paid afterbthe earnings, like company tax, then this woukd free up some 70 billion dollars, dollars which woukd then circulate through the economy. Well worth a look.

The mining tax. Although he has a self interest in this, it's a ridiculous tax as the miners already pay their share plus, they generate millions by way of indirect taxes such as income, GST and payroll taxes, much of which simply wouldn't exist without mining. Of cause his agreement is subject to the government retaining the payment to orphans of soldiers. At $250,000 per year, it's a joke to think it's axing was even on the table.

As for asylum seekers, it's my understanding that he wants to fund direct flights in to the country, then, if found to be genuine refugees, they stay, if not, they are flown home.

I have no problem with that othe than to say, how do we pay for them and, surely we must fund our own needs NOT WANTS first.

So in essence, I once again suggest his popularity has been brought about by the lack of support for the major parties, rather than by his own merrits.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 9 April 2014 8:13:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Phillip,

Many people were asking this same question of the LNP
prior to the last election - funny that!
"What exactly are your policies?" booklets of
"Motherhood Statements" don't count.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 9 April 2014 8:17:36 AM
Foxy,

"... booklets of
"Motherhood Statements" don't count."

Bummer about that.

As far as I can see, apart from introducing freedoms to be a bigot - and taking away freedom of opinion (with a dobbing directive) for public servants, they haven't too much in the policy cupboard at all...except to undo everything that Labor did.

Regarding Clive, judging by his interview recently in between telling the host to shut up, he made it clear that he knows diddling squat about climate science - so that should get him a few votes from the usual suspects.
Posted by Poirot, Wednesday, 9 April 2014 8:52:48 AM
i have great hope in clive
HOPING HE IS RICH ENOUGH/to resist bribe
and not to rich..to be tempted to turn against serving us our due/too

that said/clive dont need to play games
he has money..but now needs the fame
lets hope he serves all of us little guys
and if he does good i will make him the first aussie president

if he goes playing for the other team
the ones now runing us with taxation sin taxes fees service charges fees levies[when he should know Australian govt can issue its own money tax fre direct from treasury into your bank account/in any ammounts it choses.for free[see. quentivie easing]

will he resist bailin
will HE RESIST WAR MONGERING
WILL HE RESIST..THE TWO PARTY FARCE

who knows/but he could be far better than any in politics for a long time
or far worse..he is rich enough to forgo adgenda
he may be seeking to give a little back

he could by using his skills..to enrich all of us
we mine our own stuff..no more ginas/ziggies or him..but we finally getting a share

iN canada they get revenue/SOCIAL DIVIDEND from mining
[2000 each or something like that]
but i just want no extra govt burden/just that
not policing my WEALTH BY SIN TAXES..AND GOVT SIMPLY IS THERE
TO SAVE US FROM EXPLOITATIVE CAPITALISTS STEALING OUR SAVINGS AND WEALTH

GOVT IS THERE TO INSURE AND UNDERWRITE
OUR HEALTH WEALTH..THE COMMON WEAL
there to heal/reveal..not conceal

let clive be like..a good god
GIVING BACK..asking 4 nuthing..but simply SAYING thankyou

HE CAN BE GREATER THAN DUNDEE
or he can belie his apparent size

clive/lets talk
i need a little help
i got a lot of mates hurting real bad
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=16191&page=0

there is no federal-law
we want it re-legised..then we will show you real wealth.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 9 April 2014 9:54:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Palmers policy is to get back at the LNP.

Here in Qld, they refused to give him everything he wanted, after years of him supporting them.

He is simply a naughty kid, who is throwing a tantrum because he was denied something he wanted, & saw as his due.

Anyone who thinks he is on anyone's side except his own, is a dill, who has not done enough research.

EG. My 22 year old daughter announced she had voted for him, because he is a successful businessman, so should be better than those others. When asked which others, she had no idea of who the "others" were. No protest there, just easily conned.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 9 April 2014 10:42:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy