The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Could MH370 be the next 9/11?

Could MH370 be the next 9/11?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All
I’m not into conspiracy theories but I am into the analysis of available information. This tragedy does not (yet) conform to traditional acts of terror, it does however, have some correlation with 9/11 but MH 370 is unusual in many ways.

It was not destroyed, no one has yet claimed responsibility, it was flown with the “squawk” code transponder switched off, it appears to have avoided primary radar as much as possible, it seems to have been flown in recognized air corridors, seemingly to avoid interest from military radar and avoid collision, it’s apparent flight path took it over undeveloped countries (very low primary or military radar capabilities), and if it has landed it must have had a “friendly” reception. Any aircraft not identified with a valid Squawk would normally be challenged as a “hostile”.

It seems likely that this potential high jacking was not the “main event” because they didn’t destroy the aircraft, no demands have been made and no group has claimed responsibility.

This indicates that passengers were not the target, the aircraft was. A great deal of technical effort, pilot skill and navigational knowledge was expended to take the aircraft “somewhere” without detection.

If so, they now have a modern “commercial heavy” to play with. This could re emerge in any airlines livery, with modified and “valid” identification, long range capability and the ability to merge with regular “traffic”, at the very least being “plausible” for long enough to reach a target.

There are plenty of militant states between western Pakistan, through former Soviet states right through to Turkey. Some have a bone to pick with the Russian Republic, others with any nation in the West and many with Israel.

Are there enough clues in this event to indicate the prospect of the next large scale act of terror? And will our security services globally be as busy as I think they may be?
Posted by spindoc, Sunday, 16 March 2014 11:12:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It did show up a clear flaw in the system, namely people could use stolen passports if the passports were reported as stolen that indicates there is no worldwide system in place that does anything.
Interpol does have something but obviously they do not share it with everyone.

Malaysia also said it was common for people to travel on such passports.

Now if a system is introduced whereby a central database of all passports is established that will possible stop that happening BUT it will be one massive way for governments to control people.

That database will have every place a person travels to and from and for how long.

They could do what the Americans are already doing putting people on "No fly lists".

So the question would be does the benefit outweigh the potential good?

Also it would if infiltrated allow people to know exactly who is on what plane at any given time just in case they wanted something like an accident to happen to that person, too bad if you are on the same plane.

Personally I think something is fishy with the whole story so far from the media, but remember who's side the MSM is on.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 16 March 2014 3:14:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To date not a lot is clear about the whys and wherefores -- but one thing I noted was how quick my local ABC station was to cherrypick any report it could which discounted the possibility that those travelling on the stolen passports could be anything other than poor blameless "asylum seekers" "seeking a new life in Europe".
Posted by SPQR, Sunday, 16 March 2014 3:45:10 PM
Philip, my understanding is that the register of stolen passporsts could have been used but Malaysia chose not to do so. I suspect a few choices they have mad in the past will be under review now.

Spindoc I've wondering some of the same things. I don't know that there is certainty that they got the aircraft safely to ground but given that no wreckage has yet been found in what I gather are very busy parts of the oceans it's looking more and more likely.

A very long range civilian passenger aircraft with a massive carrying capacity in the wrong hands presents a significant headache for defence forces. Shooting one down on the basis of doubt about identity is a less than palitable option. If nothing else just the fact that the plane is unaccounted for presents a big security headache.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 16 March 2014 3:56:55 PM
Well, has anyone looked into how big this net of terrorism actually is ? All this airport security etc. is of no use if security personnel are part of the net. Governments can't do anything because the moment they know of a suspect the idiotic media will compromise all effors to fight terrorism. Perhaps if the media were a target things might improve.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 16 March 2014 4:03:20 PM
So many unanswered questions with this incident.
The only thing we can hope for (faint as it is),
is that perhaps the plane's passengers may somehow
still be alive. I guess we'll have to wait and see
what develops next.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 16 March 2014 4:04:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy