The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > At what point to we do away with these animals.

At what point to we do away with these animals.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Whether we like it or not, there is a slim chance this guy did not kill Daniel, and therefore could not be excited. But, from my understanding there is no doubt he did commit the orther kiddy crimes and there is no way he should have been allow out to commit again, and again.

It's as much the system's failure that lead to Daniel's murder and, at the very least the two judges should be offering a formal apology and withdraw themselves from any publicly funded perks they have in honor of Daniel and their failure to adjudicate qcorrectly inn the first place.

Quite simply, they are not worthy.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 19 March 2014 2:20:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear rehctub,

This man confessed to undercover police officers that
he killed Daniel and he also led them to where Daniel's
body was buried.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 19 March 2014 3:18:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi O Sung Wu, I'm not sure you are right there. A bunch of us hicks agreed that punishment is mostly a waste of time. The academics assure us of this, when they argue against punishment.

No, what we want is the garbage off the street.

Some liked the idea of long prison terms, some wanted a chain gang type of incarceration. However most just wanted them out of society long term, & most favored the 3 strike rule requiring a never to be released sentence.

About 60% were in favor of capital punishment in cases like this one, & only 5% were vehement opposed to it.

Opinion was these people had forfeited their right to sympathy, & all wanted the judges & parole boards removed & punished for their stupidity.

I think it is likely that our bleeding hearts are going to find a rapidly increasing militancy among us red necks.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 19 March 2014 4:37:06 PM
Dear Hassie,

I'm with you on this one 100%!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 19 March 2014 5:38:43 PM
Hi there HASBEEN...

Your description of those people, who's only wish is for some decent justice, particularly to get these appalling offenders off the street - in perpetuity, doesn't represent views of a 'redneck'! Far from it I'd contend, my friend.

As you've no doubt seen 'SNAKE'S' initial thread, and the link he kindly provided, of the Royal Malaysian Police, presiding over twelve strokes of the rotan, for a convicted criminal. Is one of the major 'planks' of an appropriate punishment for those individuals who are convicted of heinous, monstrous, or abominable crimes, occasioned against women, children, the elderly, or others who, through some physical defect, are unable to protect themselves against violent attack.

The second 'plank' of this structured punishment, is a protracted periods of penal servitude, together with hard labour. One without the other, is pointless, and negates the whole effect of this punishment regimen.

Interestingly, nobody herein has challenged this concept HASBEEN ? I'm totally against the death penalty, always have been. However, I'm fully in support of corporal punishment for those classes of individuals I've identified above. I wonder, does this make me a 'redneck' too ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 19 March 2014 8:17:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While they are in gaol they never escape the attention of police. There is always the outside chance that they might admit to other crimes or more likely, rat on others like them.

As well, if confessing automatically delivers the 'proof' that some here require in order to agree to capital punishment, why then would they admit anything at all?

I would like them to do hard labour, or at the very least provide for their own food.

However, the prevailing 'progressivism' dictates that loss of liberty is their punishment and other than that they should be treated as guests of Her Majesty. As guests they have rights, including for example medical treatment that ordinary law-abiding citizens on the outside cannot afford and wait for years for.

If only the media wouldn't keep giving them publicity when they are in gaol.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 19 March 2014 8:20:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy