The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > At what point to we do away with these animals.

At what point to we do away with these animals.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Yuyutsu, "But is it right to make us keep feeding Cowan and his jailers for the rest of his life from our hard-earned tax money?"

Yes, a .308 is too good for him.

He should spend the remainder of his days absolutely and totally forgotten, knowing exactly what the next day will bring.

The problem of course is that the grubby media will continually give him stories to watch and read about himself, as they do with other scum. The public don't complain about that but they should.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 17 March 2014 12:06:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the do-gooders are actually worse than the perpetrators. Imagine a mind that excuses & feels protective towards such an animal. Anyone expressing support for those criminals should be locked away with them.
Posted by individual, Monday, 17 March 2014 6:37:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual, no one could ever express support for such criminals, but I don't support the death penalty unless there is absolute proof (ie , more than proof beyond reasonable doubt) of the crime.

If we have a law allowing us to kill someone without having absolute proof of their guilt, then we are no better than the criminals.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 17 March 2014 10:10:55 AM
I submitted the following as a discussion point, but it looks as though I have been hijacked by today's contribution ! I therefore copy what I was originally going to say.

Not withstanding the death of Daniel Morecome,and the horror and distress convicted paedophile Brett Cowan has caused not only to the Morecomb's family, but so many others Australia wide, I should like to focus on the economic cost this man has wrought on the Taxpayers of this country and will continue to do so for many years to come.

The 10 year investigation must have cost an enormous amount. The two previous convictions and years in jail would not have been inconsiderate. According to the internet the cost of keeping someone in jail for just 12 months is around $25,000 annually. The cost of the trial must have been enormous with legal representation, witnesses, travel, prosecution, forensic analysis etc.

Has Cowan ever been a tax contributor ? I would imagine that he has probably been a net recipient of social security most of his life. After 20 future years in prison (if he lives that long) the tax payer will continue to support him, probably in housing and some kind of living allowance, as the chances of him getting a job and be self supporting are virtually nil.

Apart from the death penalty…… and I'm not necessarily advocating that…. I am interested in the comments other readers might have in the way this man could atone for his sins. Perhaps we should adopt the sort of legal punishment followed in Singapore ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxWg6JDoRFs
Posted by snake, Monday, 17 March 2014 10:40:24 AM
no one could ever express support for such criminals,
Suseonline,
What about defence lawyers & Legal aid people funded by taxpayers ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 17 March 2014 11:21:14 AM
Don't be silly snake, he will never do 20 years.

Long before that some bleeding hearts will start pushing for his release.

Some bloody fool psychologist or psychiatrist will declare success in the treatment of the animal, & want him released.

A parole board made up of bleeding hearts, & criminal lovers will let him out to strike again, just as they have done previously.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 17 March 2014 11:30:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy