The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbotts paid parental scheme, fact or fiction?

Abbotts paid parental scheme, fact or fiction?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. All
Poirot, with all due respect, you are now trying to redirect the thread.

So do you think that by being away from his family, that his family deserves less than any other, just because he chooses to work away.

Given that you mentioned penalty rates, how do you see Sundays being any different from other days, given his on/off roster?
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 14 March 2014 3:26:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub,

"Poirot, with all due respect, you are now trying to redirect the thread."

"Given that you mentioned penalty rates, how do you see Sundays being any different from other days, given his on/off roster?"

Unfortunately I have to decline to reply as it would constitute a further redirection of the thread.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 March 2014 4:15:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM, i am no fan of this scheem, never have been. In fact, you will see in my posts leading up to the election that i thought it was a shocker.

As far as support goes, im of the opinion that having a child, like so many dsicions is a personal choice, and one that must be budgeted for. Having said that, if we have to have a scheem, i think Labors current scheem is fine, and fair.

579, i don't want it both ways, i just don't see why some who do well, are expected to support those who don't, often by choice.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 14 March 2014 4:28:47 PM
Poirot, "One friend, who is a senior electrician.."

A 'senior electrician' eh, you don't find many of those about. He would have an interesting CV.

Do carry on with the stories though, the keyboard is your creative instrument.

Returning to the thread, what do you have to say about senior public service bureaucrats including professionals who are in receipt of high remuneration packages? Should the Senior Executive Service women of the federal public service be denied the full benefits of the parental leave they have enjoyed and added to since 1973? Must the entitlements of these women be cut back by you to that of the middle managers - who admittedly are on a jolly good remuneration packages themselves compared with the rest of the community?
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 14 March 2014 7:04:44 PM
otb,

Sorry, your high-and-haughtiness...by senior electrician I meant that he was in a position to lead teams of electricians, which he's done on mine sites in the north.

Why bother to picky-picky at that type of thing? You really are a pedantic sour individual aren't you...it's how you get your kicks, I suppose.

You're also a most interesting psychological study.

: )
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 March 2014 7:09:37 PM
Poirot,

BTT

You didn't reply to this,

<Returning to the thread, what do you have to say about senior public service bureaucrats including professionals who are in receipt of high remuneration packages? Should the Senior Executive Service women of the federal public service be denied the full benefits of the parental leave they have enjoyed and added to since 1973? Must the entitlements of these women be cut back by you to that of the middle managers - who admittedly are on a jolly good remuneration packages themselves compared with the rest of the community?>
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 14 March 2014 7:04:44 PM
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 14 March 2014 8:19:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17