The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbotts paid parental scheme, fact or fiction?

Abbotts paid parental scheme, fact or fiction?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
Rehctub I agree with you that all should be treated equally in this matter.

To do that however, all mothers should get the same amount of money. I am sick of hearing about giving more to the most needy, [read most lazy more often than not], but I also don't see why a high achiever/high earner deserves more payment from the tax payer for popping out a baby.

All babies require the same number of cots, prams & clothes. If the high achiever requires better quality, let them pay for it, from that achievement.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 14 March 2014 12:10:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stupid right from the start, it makes as much sense as stationing a mob of drones in SA. Or organising a more abbott friendly treasury.
Either way Abbott has an agenda which no one knows about, probably bring him unstuck, from his own side.
Posted by 579, Friday, 14 March 2014 12:28:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rechtub,

What a great idea...you do know the reasoning behind "welfare" don't you?

You're aware that countries with a robust social democracy, and sound economic management, such as Nordic countries, are fairly healthy, peaceful, fair and stable societies?

If you could put away your petty resentments for a moment and cogitate on society as a whole - instead of who you think might be ripping you off - it would be helpful.

It's one thing for parties to pork-barrel the middle-class with it, entirely another to give welfare to people on very high incomes so they can maintain the latest model BMW.

Hasbeen,

I'm sure the yummy mummies would disagree that all cots, clothes are equal. One has to be able to shop at the trendiest infant boutiques with their largesse from the taxpayer...none of that K-Mart rubbish for Blake or Ruby.

: )
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 March 2014 1:13:03 PM
....you do know the reasoning behind "welfare" don't you?

Too right i do Poirot, it was introduced to be a 'hand up' not a 'hand out'. It was never designed to be a generational way of life, nor was it designed to be a support mechanism for people who wanted multiple children, often to multiple fathers, who knew one, they couldn't afford them, and two, they didn't have to work if they had enough, mistake or no mistake.

In fact, if not for the noses in the trough, myself and my wife could also look forward to the pension, in reward for our efforts, not to mention the lack of support we didn't get for our two children. I say two, because as responsible parents, thats the number we could afford.

....It's one thing for parties to pork-barrel the middle-class with it, entirely another to give welfare to people on very high incomes so they can maintain the latest model BMW.

Poirot, firstly, i dont support the scheme, get it!

As for your tall poppy statement, spare a thought for those who work extra hard, either through education, or work, then get denied what those who dont work hard get gifted.

Every single person should be entitled to the same thing and, if they work hard, why should that come with punishment.

I have a different outlook to most, as i say, we are all provided with an equal opportunity to fail.

The screw up with welfare, is the better you make yourself, the less you receive, this despite the amount of contributions you made.

The other ironic thing is, if you work hard, and waste every cent, you get rewarded in the end, as some other wood duck will work hard and do well just for your benefit.

Its a crazy world.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 14 March 2014 1:37:08 PM
rehctub,

Yes, I do "get it".

"As for your tall poppy statement, spare a thought for those who work extra hard, either through education, or work, then get denied what those who dont work hard get gifted."

People on huge incomes don't need a "hand up" or a "hand out".

Just on that, I've got a few friends who like to "work extra hard". Some of them are choosing to "work extra hard" up north (WA) for big bickies. One friend, who is a senior electrician, has just chosen to to accept a position on Barrow Island on a 26/9 rota (Having just finished a 6 month stint elsewhere on a 28/7 rota) . He'll be away from his wife and 3 very young children most of the time. I think they're nuts, but they're doing it to make a lot of money in the next few years so they can build a house on a block they're paying off overlooking the ocean.

I note from the other thread that you have a problem with people like him being paid so much in penalties.

If it wasn't for a big fat pay cheque, he wouldn't be doing it because the sacrifice would be too great.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 14 March 2014 1:59:03 PM
Butch wants it all ways. An extremist of ideas. Where'as Abbott wants more workers from 457 visas. Exploitation again will be rife. Fill the pockets of the well to do ladies, and look after Gina. Should be good for an election slush fund.
Posted by 579, Friday, 14 March 2014 3:02:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All