The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bill Shorten needs Ideas Serious Post 1 idea only please

Bill Shorten needs Ideas Serious Post 1 idea only please

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. All
Hi Guys Reading the News Bill Shorten has asked his Party (ALP) to Find New Ideas. I propose We add Some Ideas and Send to Bill and his boys
So Serious Ideas 1 each and forget about your bias to ALP or Liberal even if we have a very small chance to Get one of the Parties to Listern I think is worth a chance
Dear Bill Ideas
1. Start from the top Bill lead by example cut politicians perks ( I know the argument pay peanuts get monkeys)But I strongly Disagree with this Get People into politics that have a genuine desire to Improve Australia and money isn't the driving force for this type of person
Posted by Aussieboy, Saturday, 8 March 2014 4:40:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That’s easy Aussieboy. There is one very long-serving MP in Shorten’s team who has got it all together. Bill needs to talk to him, and to listen very carefully to what he has to say, in particular regarding population growth and the achievement of a sustainable society.

Kelvin Thomson:

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC4QtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DFUEayFEWwOg&ei=vBMbU9rkDIe4rAfw_4CIBA&usg=AFQjCNEwNkb65-cqm3OFKMx9ACrX68esNw&bvm=bv.62578216,d.bmk
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 8 March 2014 10:59:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok, lets try.

Admit the errors of the last couple of terms, & vote down the carbon & mining taxes.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 8 March 2014 11:13:20 PM
NOOOO. Keep the carbon and mining taxes!

Explain that the carbon tax is a fundamental tiny little step towards weaning ourselves off of oil and onto a more diverse energy regime, including an array of renewable sources.

Explain that the mining tax is but one small step in securing a better return from publicly owned mineral resources to the public!

But then, who is going to believe Shorten??

Practically no one!!

So… the best thing he could do is to give up the leadership and hand it over to Kelvin Thomson!!
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 8 March 2014 11:44:43 PM
dear Hasbeen

maybe you missed my part about about bias in this thread go to any of my other threads and ill tear you a new one if you believe they are bad taxes

Please constructive ideas only or don't post in this thread
Posted by Aussieboy, Sunday, 9 March 2014 12:14:54 AM
< 1. Start from the top Bill lead by example cut politicians perks >

LMAO! A union thug that's been enriching his life on the sweat of others all his life and you reckon he'd listen to that?

Best advise you could give turnip head, is resign and get the hell out of our lives!
Posted by RawMustard, Sunday, 9 March 2014 1:37:00 AM
Ozboy they are not just bad taxes they are destructive taxes.

Together they will cost us more industry & more jobs than another fool thing we could do, perhaps with the exception of any form of existing alternative power generation. Perhaps some time in the future we will find an alternative to fossil, nuclear or hydro, but it sure won't be wind or PV cells.

Do remember you can put down the start of that stupidity to Howard, so no bias showing, just common sense.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 9 March 2014 1:37:46 AM
Aussieboy

As one who does not support Labor or Liberal. I am a paid up member of The Greens, one of the few on here willing to admit to a party affiliation. I can talk with a totally unbiased opinion on this subject.
The future of Australia must be built around the word "SUSTAINABILITY". Ludwig's link to the Kelvin Thomson interview is a good one. Kelvin is focused on immigration and population numbers, which although important, it is not the be all and end all to future issues. The biggest threat to Australia's future will be a succession of 'do nothing' governments, like the one we have in Canberra at the moment. I don't just include conservative administrations in that category, although by nature they tend to embrace mainly short sighted negative policies and are forever guilty of leading Australia in the direction of lost opportunities. Labor like their conservative opponents can also be guilty of clutching at short sighted populist policies at times, but in the main they have been the party of change for the better in Australia.
Aussieboy, good luck with trying to get something worthwhile from the forum that you can pass on to Shorten, I'm not overly impressed with the man so far, but you never know Bill could come good... one day, someday.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 9 March 2014 7:03:09 AM
Ludwig>> But then, who is going to believe Shorten??<<

Shorten: "and I support what our Prime Minister said"

Journalist:"but you don't know what that is"

Shorten: "no, but I am sure she is right"

Sonofgloin: "no cerebral giant Shorten”
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 9 March 2014 9:08:37 AM
Given that the threads author is fair dinkum. I will contribute my two bobs worth.

For once it appears that Paul and I agree, partially at least. Yes, Bill should listen to Kelvin Thompson in regards to population and immigration. Ludwig and agree on this also.

On social issues, I suggest he abandon the Multiculturalism ideology and advocate a selective immigration policy, based on prospects of the immigrants ability/willingness to integrate. Recognize that for some groups there is a too large of a gap for them to integrate
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 9 March 2014 9:45:00 AM
Ok here's my two cents worth. Introduce Non Military National Service & Flat Tax for starters.
Oh, and give Campbell Newman a call & tell him to stop putting off workers. Tell him to put off the useles bureaucrats instead.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 9 March 2014 9:54:00 AM
OP: "Reading the News Bill Shorten has asked his Party (ALP) to Find New Ideas"

Here is a top idea: what about democracy instead of that sham membership vote for electing Labor leaders?

As if political 'Progressives' like L'il Willie Shorten have anything in mind but their own personal benefit in spinning that 'ideas' might be listened to. Yep, like the management consultant who asks for ideas and then switches the butchers paper at the last minute to show the ones that were in always going to be implemented, regardless.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 9 March 2014 11:33:32 AM
While Electricity Bill is obviously enjoying flexing the remnants of Labor's muscles before July, his unfocused obstruction is going to come back and bite him. My advice to Dr No is:

Pick your battles.

Don't oppose the Royal commission into unions. When the dirt is unearthed it is going to look like you are trying to cover it up.

Don't oppose the carbon tax removal. This tax is deeply unpopular tax, and while you oppose it, voters will blame you, and Abbott gets the tax.

Don't oppose the removal of the mining tax. This tax was a signature Labor stuff up, and keeping it around is like carrying a dead rat.

While Labor tried to paint Abbott as Mr No, the reality is that he let most legislation through, and fought on the ones that got Labor tossed out of office.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 9 March 2014 12:25:39 PM
Until Labor members are allowed to express their preferences through a proper democratic vote on Labor leadership the endemic corruption will continue.

The leadership has been seized through a takeover by the political 'Progressives'. There is no surprise that the self-acclaimed 'Wolves in Sheeps Clothing' also feature strongly among the middle class elite whose policy advice is always paramount in decisions.

Typical of the 'Progressives' to display sham interest in members' opinions. However it is just a way of defusing growing tension from unsuccessful 'Progressive' social policies that continue to backfire after the Labor/Greens government was put of the skids. Talk about the Dark Ages of social upheaval and social division. Remember the failed Julia Whatshername and her class and gender wars?
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 9 March 2014 12:46:59 PM
Yes Aussieboy, I would say to Bill Shorten that he needs more women in his cabinet if he truly wants a fair representation of the roughly 50/50 gender mix of this country's population.

I am sure all parties could find at least a half a parties worth of suitable female politicians to join their front bench.
Certainly, this would improve the behaviour in our parliament, at the very least.
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 9 March 2014 1:38:47 PM
Suse,

"I am sure all parties could find at least a half a parties worth of suitable female politicians to join their front bench.
Certainly, this would improve the behaviour in our parliament, at the very least."

Gender is no guarantee of integrity.

Exhibit 1: You be battling to find a more biased and partial Speaker than Bronwyn Bishop.

Exhibit 2: Peta Credlin is the puppet master enabling this govt to spin itself through the corridors of power.
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 9 March 2014 1:55:29 PM
Suseonline,
Why do you keep referring to women when all there is are females on those levels ?
A women would not let hereself be seen on the same level as those females who are in left politics now.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 9 March 2014 3:10:24 PM
I'm not suggesting there would be more integrity Poirot, but I believe if there is a better mix of genders then it will better represent the current mix in the wider community.

Yes there have been awful female politicians, as there have been dreadful male ones, but no one knows whether having many more female pollies may result in finding more that do pass muster?

Maybe the only women who have managed to get into any position of authority in politics so far, are a more 'tough' sort of women that aren't representative of the women in our wider community?

Do you honestly think the boys club have 'allowed' many women with good credentials to actually get past first base to get into politics?

Unless we try a more equitable mix, how on earth will we ever know if that will make for a better parliament or not?
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 9 March 2014 3:12:56 PM
Suseonline, "Do you honestly think the boys club have 'allowed' many women with good credentials to actually get past first base to get into politics?"

Egad, Suseonline is onto it!

But wait a minute, hasn't that been put and answered so many times before?

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/summary/play.cfm/crumb.1/crumc.0/sound_iid.239409
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 9 March 2014 3:50:06 PM
P,

You are right, gender is no indicator, just look at:

Juliar, the most incompetent and despised PM in Aus history,

Nicola Rockson the AG that got ticked off by a judge for being unprofessional, and Tanya Plibersek the complete airhead that I guess that is Labor's token blonde that can't go beyond Labor's talking points.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 9 March 2014 5:28:41 PM
Yes Shadow Minister, and both those women pollies pale into insignificance next to the token Liberal woman Julie Bishop!

The foreign dignitaries in other countries, and those who come here, must truly shudder at having to deal with such a steely eyed woman.
Mind you, given all the good ol' old boys up there on the main seat in the Government, maybe she isn't so bad!
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 9 March 2014 5:43:39 PM
I'm just getting too bored with all the talk about Julia & Tanya & Nicola & other females. How about throwing a few women into the debate ? I can't think of any right now but perhaps someone else knows of one on the left of politics ?
Suseonline mentioned Julia Bishop but she's not left.
Posted by individual, Sunday, 9 March 2014 5:48:35 PM
Dear Paul,

<<I am a paid up member of The Greens, one of the few on here willing to admit to a party affiliation.>>

Is that so? I also have no problem admitting to party affiliation, but well... I don't have any!

So my advice to Mr. Shorten, if he wants my vote, is to allow me to ride a bicycle. I mean, stop sending his policemen after me if I try to ride without that pot on my head.

Is that too much of an ask? Then perhaps your friends from the Greens may offer me the same, then it will be you who get my vote - is that a deal? Besides the benefit to my own health, it would certainly be of benefit to the environment when I can reduce my petrol consumption!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 9 March 2014 6:38:11 PM
Aussieboy, my advice for Bill is to ignore the faceless men and listen to his members, because after all, they were asked for ther input, then ignored.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 9 March 2014 9:12:18 PM
SOL,

Julie Bishop's steely gaze? surely you can do better than that. She is miles better than Rudd who was openly laughed at behind his back by the rest of the diplomatic world.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 10 March 2014 8:15:18 AM
SM,

Yes, Julie is an absolute blossom on the road to diplomacy, ain't she...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/chinas-rebuke-of-julie-bishop-rudest-conduct-seen-in-30-years-says-senior-foreign-affairs-official-20140227-33jid.html

"A senior Australian foreign affairs official has branded Beijing's public rebuke of Foreign Minister Julie Bishop over a diplomatic rift late last year as the rudest thing he's seen in 30 years as a diplomat.

The unusually frank criticism by North Asia Division first assistant secretary Peter Rowe came during a Senate estimates hearing in which Labor was probing the diplomatic fallout from the public spat late last year.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in early December delivered a stinging criticism of Australia in front of television cameras during a face-to-face meeting with Ms Bishop."

The fact that she sounds like a smarty pants school girl on the floor of the House only adds to the thrill.

Lol!
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 10 March 2014 8:29:51 AM
Easy, Shorten Curlies should keep things simple

1. Check to see who won the last election
2. Get with the legislative program the electors voted for
3. Take your seat at the Royal Commission and wait your turn, you will have lots of friends to chat to whilst you wait
4. Don’t make any long term plans, the RC will make them for you
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 10 March 2014 8:38:54 AM
spindoc,

"Get with the legislative program the electors voted for"

You mean (apart from "Stop the Boats" & "Remove the Carbon Tax) the legislative program that doesn't resemble their pre-election con job in any way, shape or form?

That one?

(Come to think of it, aside from their hints at austerity, do they actually have a legislative program?)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 10 March 2014 8:48:34 AM
Dear Poirot,

Thank you for bringing this article about Julie Bishop and China:
I was not aware of this incident, but reading about it makes me proud of her.
I wish she would go further and tell China the truth of what villains they truly are for invading and terrorising the peaceful people of Tibet.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 10 March 2014 8:57:57 AM
Yuyutsu,

Yes.

However, I hardly think a representative of a country that presides over two offshore concentration camps would have much traction with that one.

(Have a peek around your house, and you'll find that just about everything is made in good ol' China....they supply the West with its modern necessities and superfluous throw-away junk. What do you reckon the chances are of Australia putting Tibet ahead of its trade relations?)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 10 March 2014 9:08:02 AM
Hi Poirot,

When I said “get with the legislative program the electors voted for”, perhaps I might have been a little clearer.

What I could have said is that Shorten should “get with the legislative program the electors voted for or follow the thoughts of people like Chairperson Poirot who got you belted at the last election and are likely to get you belted at the next two elections”

Poirot, when I said what “the electors voted for”, you were not included in that statement. Go take your points up with the ALP/Greens because they are of minority interest and may be of concern to them.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 10 March 2014 9:18:20 AM
spindoc,

What a laugh!

By the time this lot get through with pilfering the pockets and removing conditions of the swinging voters who delivered this sham, they'll be booted soundly at the next election.

Let's see what the WA re-run in the Senate brings about, shall we?

(Now who do you reckon I should vote for?)
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 10 March 2014 10:11:25 AM
Hi Poirot,

It sounds to me that you relish the prospect of the WA Senate election blocking legislation in the Senate?

Isn’t that what this thread is about? The question was why block legislation designed to restore Australia’s social-economic wealth?

I personally don’t care who or what you vote for, that’s your business. I would suggest however, that the space you currently occupy could be more productive without you. But that’s just my personal observation.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 10 March 2014 12:22:25 PM
Poirot......However, I hardly think a representative of a country that presides over two offshore concentration camps would have much traction with that one.

don't you mean inherited! Because unless you have forgotten, ill remind you that Tony Abbott inherited those camps and, in any case, there would have been no need for the camps had one K Rudd not woken up one morning with a thought.

practically anything TA does this term will be in an effort to at least try to restore some of the damage caused by your beloved labor (illegals, carbon and mining taxes) or take the even harder step of cutting our losses, a likely outcome for the failed NBN.

If Tony Abbott were to just sit on his hands for the next two and a half years, it would be a better outcome for us than being blessed with another term of labor, and thats sad. Your most unfortunate problem is that history does not lie.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 11 March 2014 1:04:52 PM
Nice argument guys
But arguing alp vs liberal will get you no where fast both are wrong
Neither have any sort of future plan
Seriously wouldn't we better off having a plan then letting which ever government is currently in do w/e they want to but must stick to the Plan.
We are going to have a lot of problems coming up in the near future and we aren't prepared
WW3 a possibility
climate change its real get with the program
Social unrest. Homeless / depression / road rage /Suicide you name it its happening now.
Lack of Oil
Religious differences
Housing
Food availability
Education
Health care
We need a Plan For all Australian to have something to reach for a goal, Most People set goals in there life short term and long term things don,t always work out but gives us something to strive for
I Don't see that happening with any branch of politic's
Posted by Aussieboy, Tuesday, 11 March 2014 4:17:19 PM
So Aussieboy, your thread was a blind. You just wanted posters to give you their opinion in order to use it as Abbott bashing rhetoric, nice. If you already had your preconceived opinions and answers, why ask in the first place?

At least we now know who and what you are and can treat you accordingly in the future.

Stand by for boarding Aussieboy!
Posted by spindoc, Tuesday, 11 March 2014 5:20:40 PM
Dear spindoc
How you got any idea of my preference to alp and liberal from this post i have no idea
Maybe it was the one reference to climate change idk what are we up to now 98% of scientist know its real its only dumb people that can't see it themselves.
My intervention in this post was trying to get it back online
as with all other post its turns into a alp vs liberal argument
and truth be known both of them are really useless governments
So all you guys are really arguing about is who is the best of a bad bunch.
Posted by Aussieboy, Tuesday, 11 March 2014 7:14:43 PM
Dear Aussieboy,

You asked me; << How you got (sic.) any idea of my preference to alp and liberal from this post i (sic.) have no idea >>

Correct, you don’t have any idea. Let me assist you.

You started the thread about idea’s for Bill Shorten, then excluded ALP/LNP bias, then switched to getting << Get one of the Parties to Listern (sic.) >>, then shifted from ALP and Shorten to now include LNP?

<< But arguing alp vs liberal will get you no where fast both are wrong >>

Pure rhetoric meaning OK, the ALP is bad but hey, the LNP are just as bad.

Cult attribute # 3. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which causes conflict with the wider society.

<< Neither have any sort of future plan >> Wrong, the LNP does have a plan, it’s just that you don’t like it or the fact that they have one.

Cult attribute # 20. Create a false sense of righteousness by pointing to the shortcomings of the outside world and opposition.

<< WW3 a possibility>> Alarmism, threat, fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Cult attribute # 8. Crisis Creation - They employ tactics designed to create or deepen confusion, fear, guilt or doubt. (created and overstated impending doom)

<< climate change its real get with the program >>

Cult attribute # 14. Absolutism - They insist on total, unquestioning obedience and submission to the groupthink in both actions AND thoughts.

<< Lack of Oil >> Alarmist mantra originating from the “Peak Oil” scare. (Agenda 21)

<< Food availability >> Alarmist mantra originating from the “Peak Food Production” scare. (Agenda 21)

<< Religious differences, Housing, Education, Health care >>

These all originate from the “adopted opinions of others”. You read them somewhere, can’t quite remember where but it was someone important and you were impressed. This form of “Rhetoric” was first described by Aristotle as “Ethos”, meaning “ I am important, what I say will benefit you and would I lie to you?” This is the rallying call to the fellow travelers and useful idiots.

Cont’d.
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 9:19:50 AM
Cont’d

<< Social unrest. Homeless / depression / road rage /Suicide you name it its happening now >> Pure alarmist rhetoric.

Cult attribute # 8, see above.

<< We need a Plan For all Australian to have something to reach for a goal, Most People set goals in there life short term and long term things don,t (sic.) always work out but gives us something to strive for >>

Platitudes, rhetoric and clichés all joined up to make it “sound” like something.

Cult attribute # 30. Adopt "loaded" language (characterized by "thought-terminating clichés"). Words are the tools we use to think with. These "special" words constrict rather than expand understanding. They function to reduce complexities of experience into trite, platitudinous "buzz words". (Sometimes described as “The Rhetoric Engine”)

To Hasbeen you said;

<< my part about about (sic.) bias in this thread go to any of my other threads and ill (sic.) tear you a new one if you believe they are bad taxes >>

and << Please constructive ideas only or don't post in this thread >> Charming!

Just what we have come to expect from ill informed, belligerent, rude, arrogant, dictatorial and dysfunctional useful idiots.
Applicable Cult attributes;

15. Totalism - "Us against them" thinking, Strengthens group identity. Everyone outside of group lumped under one label.

21. It supports extreme obsessiveness regarding the group orthodoxy, resulting in the exclusion of almost every practical consideration.

22. Whenever the group is criticized or questioned it is characterized as "persecution".

32. No critical questions about the leadership, doctrine, or policy seen as legitimate.

33. No alternative belief systems viewed as legitimate, good, or useful

If there is any case you wish to make in your own defense you know where I am.

Otherwise consider yourself Boarded!

Boarding Party present and correct Sir!

Bridge Secured Sir!
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 9:21:54 AM
Dear spindoc
What ivory castle do you live in ? have you ever been homeless or unemployed.
do me a favor go to Blacktown NSW and walk down the main street
I won't ask you to do this in the night time because of safety issues
then come back to me when you have seen the real world. Then jump into your car if its still there and drive over Liverpool way Macquarie fields would be a nice destination I wouldn't wear your Armani suit if I was you.
Also can you Post a link to this Liberal Future Plan
Posted by Aussieboy, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 10:50:59 AM
AB,

With all due respect, I understand you had a hard life, but using it to justify hare brained policies that will make everyone poorer doesn't wash. Conservative economic policies result in lower unemployment, faster growth in real wages for the lowest paid, and better conditions overall.

If you want an example of a socialist paradise, just look at Tasmania where Labor green governments have de industrialised the state, and where growth, employment and education are the worst in the country, and the state government survives mostly on hand outs from the federal government.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 11:18:10 AM
Dear Spindoc
I did happen to find this piece of propaganda
Most i can see is get ride of mining tax and teach our kids asian languages Not much of a plan my friend sounds like one big sell out
http://lpa.webcontent.s3.amazonaws.com/realsolutions/LPA%20Policy%20Booklet%20210x210_pages.pdf
Posted by Aussieboy, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 11:18:14 AM
Hi Aussieboy,

Many thanks for your well considered, thoughtful, substantial, detailed, articulate, balanced, well researched and comprehensive rebuttal.

Or as some may call it, a monumental juvenile “hissy fit”.

I suppose there is an upside, there always is. I’m so grateful that you omitted any threat to “rip me a new one” if I failed to agree with you.

Great progress. Good boy, down boy, sit, roll over. Please make another appointment with our receptionist on your way out.

The Federal LNP Plan you so desperately want to see can be found at this link below. We all know you want to rip it to shreds, but please hold off until your next appointment, as your next treatment session will cover “How to stop you destroying everything you don’t understand”

http://www.liberal.org.au/our-plan/econom
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 11:24:58 AM
Dear Shadow Minister
I really do understand where you guys are coming from but it won't work
Economic Growth is great but it should never be at the expense of the people its trying to protect
We can never compete with Asian countries if we really had to try we would need to bring slavery back into play and i don't think that's going to work do you ?
So i am saying why do the same as everyone else when it clearly doesn't work. It needs a fresh approach and a People cost associated to fiscal challenges we meet.Just look at the US and the social problems my advice is learn from there mistakes, Look at China Rapid growth but now the people are suing the government for pollution, look at japan 3 generation mortgages really is this the way to go
I will leave the Planning to smarter People then me but atm I see educated People making huge mistakes and education doesn't make you smarter it makes you educated.
Posted by Aussieboy, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 11:34:18 AM
Dear spindoc
Your link is to a broken page might want to fix that
And i will take it your not up to my challenge ?
And as for hissy fits if i read it write your the one dropping to name calling which I find common amongst Poor little rich boys that daddy sent to kings college and has never had a real job in there lives.
As I said in previous Post I did find the Liberal Propaganda material I really hope you don't call that a Plan
Posted by Aussieboy, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 11:41:41 AM
L'il Willie Shorten married well (and often). The very best idea for him is to keep up the flow of chocolates to the missus and MIL for their continuing supervision and direction. In that, a set of those old brewery horse blinkers would come in useful so that he doesn't become distracted, although the firm monkey's grip seems to be working so far.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 12:22:24 PM
Aussieboy, you really are a lazy git,

Just click on “home page” on the original link or go directly to the following link and scroll down the 12 point LNP plan in detail.

http://www.liberal.org.au/

As for your comment, << Poor little rich boys that daddy sent to kings college and has never had a real job in there lives. >>

I left school at 15 and began my apprenticeship whilst working six days a week. I then worked as an electronics engineer whilst also studying for my degree via open university. I then moved to the USA and spent most of my working life in US multi-nationals in 29 countries over 45 years. Mostly averaging 135 days a year away from home and doing 70-80 hours a week.

I also spent many happy years in blissful isolation working on military contracts for Rockwell, Northrop Grumman and Boeing and was present for two of the Apollo launches.

During this time I also did two more degrees and a number of diploma’s at COBA MID in Boston, ISS in Singapore, Australian Graduate School of Management at Sydney Uni, Branch College of Engineering and Science at Leeds University and Industrial Digital Technology at UCLA in California.

Since retiring I completed a Degree in Arts and Sociology with Griffith University and am currently studying year II Physics via Remote Learning, because I can.

Our generation invented, designed, built and marketed all the high tech stuff now used by current generations to abuse each other, and you still can’t read or write.

So to that “poor little rich boys” reference of yours, might I suggest that you start by learning to “write”, “spell”, “read” and “comprehend”.

I picked you early as an utter prat, how right was I?
Posted by spindoc, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 1:28:35 PM
AB,

What you said was so wrong in so many ways that there is not enough space to explain it, but for the economically illiterate:

High growth = low unemployment, and increasing real wages.
Low growth = high unemployment, and shrinking real wages.
Low negative growth or zero = recession, wide spread unemployment etc.
long term negative growth = depression, huge unemployment and mass poverty.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 12 March 2014 2:06:22 PM
Spindoc,
Yep you picked AB from the start. Just looking for issues to attack the present government. He has no intention of gaining ideas that may benefit Aus. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but not again.

Oh, and the suggestions I made, I would give to any party/person that asked.

Doesn't look like Labor will learn from their 6 years of incompetence and their resounding defeat.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 13 March 2014 8:57:28 AM
Aussieboy, I doubt either side would ever do this nor am I confident that the media would ever forgive them if they did but I'd really like to see one side sack all the spin merchants and start dealing honestly with the public.

There are a range of side issues that would travel with that but the core of it is to try and turn the tide against the relentless spin all the parties use as core strategy currently.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:11:41 AM
Truly guys i am not a alp supporter or for that fact greens or liberals
Yea Labor screwed up whoever says they didn't better look back but then again Tony isn't doing much better and he will probably have a 1 term government,So what do i and many people who are disgruntled by all parties just pick a side at next election or toss a coin vote donkey or vote for someone like Clive idk but i feel like we seem to go around the same arguments I think their are more die-hard Lib's on this forum and they Just seem to believe whatever Joe and Tony tell them But all i see is more people going out of work, living condition plummeting housing and out of control, unemployment major problem. I am willing to give tony a chance until next election see how he goes but the more i see each day....But maybe You can answer some Questions for me either all Parties view points acceptable In Lay-mans terms. Questions cont next post
Posted by Aussieboy, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:14:26 AM
Why do we want free trade agreements that don't help Australians
Why Keep blaming the poor for the rich mistakes
Why Do we give Government handouts to people making over 50k a year
Why Force housing Prices beyond most Peoples reach including rents
Why import workers when we have so much unemployment and these jobs aren't even at job network centers
Why are politicians Paid so much and so many perks
Why do we have a 2 tier justice system
Why don't we train more People in Australia for the skill's needed
This enough Questions to start with I do have more and i would appreciate answers not political spin
Posted by Aussieboy, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:30:08 AM
The notion that Bill needs one idea, does that indicate at the moment Bill has no idea.

"He (Bill) warned that Labor could not win the 2016 election with the policies of 2013, and said once the party had settled on a new agenda all members must "lock in" behind it."

I find it incongruous that the "leader" of a political party that has existed in Australia since 1892, and has been in and out of federal office since 1904 should in 2014 be calling for "ideas". One would have to question, ideas based on what? Surely a major political party of some 112 years standing would by now have developed a belief in itself, and have established sound direction and policy long before this. Seems not the Labor Party, and its leader Bill Shorten.
I am all in favor of policy development from within, through consultation with the broader community, but the essence and direction of the party must be established in its formative years, I would think Labor has long past that period, maybe not. I am more inclined to think Labor has lost its direction it once had, and beginning with Hawke, and as late as Rudd, abounded its basic philosophy.
Unless Labor is able to reestablish itself, and do that rather quickly, it is in danger of becoming an irrelevancy on the Australian political landscape. There are those within the party, who for personal gain, or through dumb ignorance white ant the party, and by default its leadership, at every opportunity. Every political party has its share of dissidents, Labor more than most.
Labor has its ancestral roots in Australia, in the seat of Balmain in Australia's oldest parliament, the NSW Parliament. The seat of Balmain is presently occupied by Jamie Parker for THE GREENS, do I need to say more.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:42:31 AM
Dear Paul1405
Perhaps you right I just hope we don't follow America
Russel crow for Pm or not to be sexist maybe Kylie minogue
Posted by Aussieboy, Thursday, 13 March 2014 10:11:33 AM
Paul,

Did you see Scott Ludlum's welcome to WA speech to Tony Abbott.

It's an absolute corker - and my sentiments precisely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqrfiEV8Gs
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 13 March 2014 10:27:32 AM
Yes Poirot, I did at about 3/4 mill hits now. One of the best I've seen in the last 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqrfiEV8Gs
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 13 March 2014 10:51:03 AM
Aussieboy I'd like to comment/add a different perspective to a couple of the questions in one of your recent posts.

"Why Keep blaming the poor for the rich mistakes
Why Do we give Government handouts to people making over 50k a year"

I get the impression that it's mostly making middle income earners responsible for the choices of low income earners (and not all low income earners are poor).

In part to the second question, for many it's needed because government attempts to help some tends to drive up charges in that area pricing those same services beyond what many wage earners can afford. Medicine and child care are a couple that come to mind but I'm sure others could add to the list. When the government starts adding subsidies to a market it often seems to be the case that charges will rise to match the money that's available.

I could add an extra question which fit's in with my thoughts in this area.

Why do we have a progressive income tax system that takes no account of how hard someone has to work for their income and only minimal account of their need for the money they have worked for?

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 13 March 2014 11:00:57 AM
Dear Paul,

<<I find it incongruous that the "leader" of a political party that has existed in Australia since 1892, and has been in and out of federal office since 1904 should in 2014 be calling for "ideas".>>

It's OK for old ideas to expire, as seems to be this case: I have no problem helping anyone out with constructive ideas, even if they, probably for nostalgic reasons, retain an irrelevant and unflattering name.

As I wrote earlier, I will give my vote in the next federal elections to the party which will allow me to ride a bicycle.

That would be an indication that the lucky party does not treat me as a baby and do not consider my private choice their business, whether or not to break my own head.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 13 March 2014 11:22:41 AM
I always find human nature amusing.

When I see how people will always rubberneck at an accident, how Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton get more attention than captains of industry who shape our lives, and baby prince George gets more notice than the British PM, then I am not surprise when a sniveling whinge monkey gives a speech (ignored by his peers) primarily to hurl abuse, and gets avid attention by the left whinger twitterati.

I hope that Labor follows through with their threat not to preference the greens, and that this fatuous ex graphics designer rejoins the queue at Centrelink.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 13 March 2014 3:29:30 PM
Lol!, SM,

It must get right up your nose that a (to quote your eminent Right-Wingness) "... a sniveling whinge monkey.... fatuous ex graphics designer..." can articulate so well that his speech to a near empty Senate chamber can garner 3/4 of million youtube hits in around a week.

Obviously some people are interested.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 13 March 2014 4:30:44 PM
Poirot, to be fair Tony Boloney also has his very own hit video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRn-Makj6t4
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 13 March 2014 5:33:56 PM
Bit of an orator is he Poirot? So is Obama. So was Hitler. That is definitely a good enough reason to get him the hell out of there. Dangerous people, those dumb orators.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 13 March 2014 5:43:33 PM
Hasbeen,

No I wouldn't say he was a "great orator"...it's more what he said than how he said it.
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 13 March 2014 6:25:56 PM
Hi Poirot and Paul1405,

The Scott Ludlum speech went viral, isn’t that just great. I would be very happy to see it doing even better on youtube. ¾ million hits is not enough, this “absolute corker” must do even better.

Just thinking, the last time I heard this story was Julia Gillard’s misogyny speech. That went really well if I remember correctly.

I just love it when the Gillard’s, Rudd’s and Ludlum’s of this world enter Australia’s political wilderness with the accolades of their supporters ringing in their ears, what a “great orator” and “they went viral”. Perhaps you could start engraving their political headstones?

Whatever happened to Gillard/Rudd by the way?
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 13 March 2014 7:04:23 PM
spindoc,

They made way for the incredible Credlin/IPA show...

The star of the act being Abbott the Wonderful Life-like Marionette.

Now there's an orator!...ahh...er...ahh...cough...(insert slogan here....)
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 13 March 2014 7:13:27 PM
Poirot,

"make way". I like it and good luck.
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:04:47 PM
So the sniveling whinge monkey must be a great orator because he got 750k hits on youtube. Then the dancing drunk fat man that got 56 million hits must be the next greens leader.

Extending your logic Sarah Hanson Young would be taken far more seriously if she had a wardrobe malfunction.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 13 March 2014 9:47:04 PM
SM, I checked out the 'Dancing Fat Man' he's wearing budgie smugglers, a prerequisite for any self respecting Liberal leader.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 14 March 2014 6:37:38 AM
Paul,

Mistaken identity, the dancing fat man looks awfully like Sarah Hansen Young. Probably celebrating another boat load of asylum seekers drowned at sea.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 14 March 2014 7:36:58 AM
Hi there SM,

I owe you and Tony Boloney an apology, like others I have long been under the misconception that Tony's front bench was almost exclusively made up of crusty old male homo-degenerates. Not so! I now find Tony has been wronged, being labeled simply a misogynistic male chauvinist. In fact close examination of the Coalitions front bench reveals a true ray of enlightenment. Not only are there a couple of ministers that are genuine homosapiens, and a woman at the same time, but Tony has been all inclusive with his ministry, including a good smattering of odds and sods, a couple of neanderthals, a few chimps, baboons, gorillas and not to mention that dingo of a Treasurer. Tony is indeed a man of enlightenment and a true Jesuit!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 14 March 2014 9:24:50 PM
The sniveling whinge monkey (SWM) exists in small isolated packs of genetically retarded monkeys that while not sufficiently intelligent to have a real religion worship a bone idol. This idol-ness separated them from the rest of the monkeys that formed communities and improved themselves, and the SWM would live in the green tree tops gathering moss in their coats leading the other monkeys to call them the greens. The SWM believing that they were superior to the other monkeys would throw poo at them. Not believing in working and reasoning that the wealth gathered by the other monkeys was unfair, they came up with the philosophy of re distribution of wealth, which they would practise while the other monkeys were sleeping. They believed that this was not stealing but tax.

The greens (or swm) wondered why the other monkeys despised them.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 15 March 2014 3:17:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy