The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Local manufacturing is dead, get over it!

Local manufacturing is dead, get over it!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hi there HASBEEN...

I'd don't suppose I could borrow a 12g from you by any chance ? I'll fix this bloody thing once and for all...completely !

One of the things I did wish to mention (expressly for you actually) you may be aware they have a small aviation industry situated down in Victoria ? By the name of, Gipps Aero. Their new prototype is the GA10, Turbo Prop, Rolls Royce 250, gas turbine single. The A/C is designed to operate out of unmade strips in the bush, with an almost STOL capability ? Can be configured to carry 10+ pax, plus a fair weight in freight. Trouble is, it's no longer an Oz company, it's been taken over by Mahindra Aerospace, an Indian organisation ?

Seems, whenever we Aussies develop anything really good, foreign investors with substantial cheque books, hover around wishing to buy it, after all the expensive stuff's (testing, C of A etc) has been done ? Take it easy HASBEEN, oh, don't forget the 12g please ?

Hi there ONEUNDERGOD...

I would find it hard to believe that you experience too much trouble with computers ? From what you've written, over the months, even years, you're absolutely no fool ! I recall what you wrote in response to the maths problem STEELEREDUX published hereon a few days ago. I think you were one of the few contributors, to answer the problem correctly ? I think ? Nonetheless, you having trouble with ANY computer, sounds quite remote to me, my friend ? Actually, my computer skills are limited to the very basics, nothing more. Thank you in any case for sharing with me the instance you had your own problems. Which again, I must say would be quite rare ?

Thank you ONEUNDERGOD.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 13 February 2014 7:40:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu..clever [oK CONVOLUTED]..minds cant over ride learning ability and BEING TAUGHT ..i like many bought a darn computer..then figured out how TO turn..it ON..then figured out how to get online then figure out how to wriTE.

just like EVERYTHING..in life..its hit and miss..unless they have been instructed[but even there i cant take instruction[hence the many of my policE issues having been left unresolved..even by the many court cases.

MATE..IM ONE OF THOSE 'LUCKEY'..GUYS..i know god is real..and by the help of gods helpers[ANGEL AS much as demons]..ANY QUESTION..I VOICE IN MY MIND..RECEIVES A DELUGE OF CONFLICTING Ad-Vice...[COMPUTERS WORK Differently..in heaven and hell..plus many of my guides precede COMPUTERS..

plus the computer nurds..USE A CONVOLUTED IMAGRY.
a strange math..where the problem..defines the solution

aNYHOW THEY USUALLY GET ENOUGH INFO THROU..TO GIVE THE IMPRESSION..i knOW..[BUT IN REALITY..my best info..comes via other helpers..RESEARCHES/OTHERS KNOWING [i abuse cut and paste and links]..but....i ask..they send/i post.

this post/presently is laborious..because its typed with a deformed index finger..that moves faster..than i can write..[i can feel the words being spelled/SOUNDED Out..on occasion.bUT USUALLY THE FINGEr just jabs and pokes rapidly..till my mind says enough.

Mate as a former POLICE PERSON..you know the stuff..i post iS OFTEN..right out there..[so much so..i have many MORE OF THE AVERAGE ISSUES WITH THE Militarized version..of policing..IN THIS AGE OF TERROR...remote/Access..unlimited external CONTROL..even VIRUS SLOW KILL ETC.

IN SHORT IM ONLY AN ANIMUS..means.way..to move info..from here to THERE..in a material realm..badly broken..[thats not to say..i have no finger in this game of living..i just do as im told..[i follow orders/but not chain of command.]

over the years..i have asked many questions[often hating THE ANSWER]
but out OF MY Duty to spirit..i just pass the mass-age mess/AGE..[not me sage]..I SIMPLY PASS..THE MESSAGE on.

WHAT PEOPLE THINK..IS OF NO MATTER..IN MY MIND
im here to serve spirit..not men..but..can get into..the men thing only on the edges/spirits are far more immediate

IM A FIRE BRAND/..OUTLAW..
outcast/rejected..by men

[wouldnt HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY]

CTD
Posted by one under god, Friday, 14 February 2014 5:23:32 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
O sung wu, go to any engineering firm here in Oz and you will find the best fitter, engineers and developers within that firm are 9out of 10 Germans.

Why, because they are very well tought, by highly experienced experts and their work ethic is head and shoulders above ours.

On the other hand, here, as an employer you feel blessed if your young trainees turn up for work on time. Then, if you send them off to Tafe, chances are they are being tought out of date methods. Just a thought!
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 14 February 2014 11:31:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there ONE UNDER GOD...

You are far too modest about yourself, or your capacity to tease out many of the answers you seek ! You are like a couple of other fellows I know, your mind, and your thinking is so fast, your typing cannot keep up with your thinking.

Any difficulties you may've had with police over the years, I'd bet some of it was due to a breakdown of communication, of perhaps you may have shown some of them up, with your superior intellect ? Or perhaps you may've been a bit cheeky with them, I don't know ? Still and all, you're a pretty clever bloke ONE UNDER GOD, so your intelligence will serve you well I should think, as well as your obvious religious convictions too.

Take it easy old mate.

Cheers...Sung Wu.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 14 February 2014 11:55:08 AM
Good afternoon to you REHCTUB...

What in hell's wrong with this damn country ! Surely it's not always been like this ? I remember mates of mine had apprenticeships, they worked hard and were taught well, what happened for goodness sake ? You say many of the best engineers in Oz are Germans ? There's no doubt, they're taught very well and have a proud and high work ethnic ?

I don't believe for a moment Butch, that's the sole purview of German nationals. The Italians are superb engineers; mechanical, civil, aerospace, electronic engineers amongst others. As are the Poms, the Scandinavians, Japanese (particularly), the Yanks...?

So tell me please Butch, what in hells name is wrong with us Aussies, or should we lower our collective heads in shame ?
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 14 February 2014 12:38:04 PM
What's wrong
Government after government has sold out foundational hard fought for principles to big corporate foreign and local interests. The laws which prevented concentration of ownership of media have been betrayed by government after government. h
The concentrated is now complete, and its all the same story, the same tackiness from station to newspaper across the country. The public so distracted with nonsense no longer capable of coherent understanding of the embedded corruption. The current Abbott attack on the ABC is the final end game to finish the job.

Similarly, oligopolies like Coles and Safeway have been permitted to extort and bully its suppliers and effectively destroy business after business. The beloved Howard government staked Australia's entire future as a global quarry, entirely undoing the once remnants and fledgling manufacturing sector nurtured thru the Keating / hawke period.

An education system thus depleted of rational and critical thinking now produces predominantly a stream of pseudo marketers, shallow business degrees, or simply propaganda. There is virtually point no getting an engineering or science degree if all we are is a quarry.

What's wrong? I could go on for pages.

But in essence the clowns who we vote to run the place, no longer can - its all be sold off. When Rudd tried to introduce a mining tax, it was decided not here but in Texas that he must go. In effect, our entire country is now effectively run from the USA.

The Abbott governments current agenda is simply imported US Tea Party libertarianism.

the best measure of who or what is in power, is that which you never criticise. So what is it our media never question, never criticise? Answer that question and your well on the way to understanding what is wrong.
Posted by YEBIGA, Friday, 14 February 2014 4:00:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy