The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Public Broadcasting V Public Works

Public Broadcasting V Public Works

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Taxpayers are entitled to demand that in expending the taxes taken compulsorily from them that there be due regard for the fundamentals that government was originally set up to provide and that value for money is always obtained.

There has been a proliferation of publicly-funded broadcasting and most if not all services are either made redundant by government agencies themselves or by what is readily available free from the Net and from private suppliers.

For many years the public (and taxpayers of course) have been advised by government that there is no money to provide services that have always been regarded as essential and were previously paid for out of the usual annual Budget. Consequently government introduced user pays and has withdrawn, sold off or otherwise limited services.

There are more taxes and more service limitations every day.

Since no-one has been able to put up a business case for continuing the $billion plus waste on redundant national broadcasting, the money should be directed instead into much needed and worthwhile public works. For example, LendLease has developed a new 750 bed hospital at the Gold Coast for $1.76 billion. What about instead of the national broadcaster the feds fund a new 750 bed hospital every two years? Check out this beauty,

http://www.lendlease.com/australia/projects/gold-coast-university-hospital

There are narrow bridges that regularly claim lives on Highway One, Australia's national highway. There is never the money to widen the bridges. What about some bridges every year instead of the endless stream of political comment and repeat nature programs from the proliferation of national broadcasters who are even redundant to one another?

What worthwhile projects come to mind for you?
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 10 February 2014 12:39:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
YEAH..IM OVER THE ABC
but i want the EXTENSIVE ABC/SBS/RADIO ETC ARCHIVE Archived on line
the content belongs to all of us1

im fine selling you abc sbs..but not their archives
ITS JUST A SLUSH/FUND..ps sell the radio too..PUT IN ALEX JONES
OR BBC OR 'OTHER NEWS AGENCIES THAT COVER ONLY NEWS[SPORT/HERO'S ETC ISNT NEWS]

JUST THE FACTS..KEEP THE FACTS IN PUBLIC HANDS
you can sell off the fictions/STARS/PROPS And jocks

WE NEED MORE COMMUNITY TV
FOR TOO long abc spoke for big business and sbs for the outsiders
WE ALL NEED A VOICE..not just the fEW CHOSEN ELITES WE NOW FAVOR..EVEN THE FIRST PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OWn voice..but what about mug workers..or pensioners or dole bludgers smokers boozers over easters we dont

sure gays do..sure polICE DO..SURE MINERS FARMERS AND BIG BUSNESS DO
MEDIA STARS IM SICK OF THEM..AND THUGS BEATRING EASCH OTHER UP FOR MONEY[WHATS WITH THAT]..THATS ALL JUNK

GIVE US PUBLIC BROADCASTING RIGHTS OVER THE Archioves
puit our voice on line..the air waVES ARE CORRUPTED.
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 6:55:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK..that said..we pay fuel excise..thats supposed TO PAY FOR ROAD/INFRASTRUCTURE..try telling govt to stop giving it to big miners farmers etc..AS THEIR 12 BILLION DOLLAR SLUSH FUND FOR MATES.

IF FUEL TAX/ALL MUST PAY
BUsiness all ready can claim..refund on busness expenses
plus who has been told that fuel tax IS A TAX DEDUCTION..ONLY THOSE In the know.

BRING IN A SIMPLE TRANSACTION TAX..TWO PERCENT..ON EVERY MONEY EXCHANGE
NO OTHER TAXES ARE NEEDED..[ACTUALY HALF a percent is enough]..but heck they been ripping us off for so long..2 percent ..is a starting point

govt cant competE..UNFAIRLY..BIASED REPORTING IS KILLING US
ITS TIME OUr facts were sorted from thE FICTIONS

retain the facts
sell of the fictions to the dreamers[those investing your compulsory*super..in fluff]..ps sell 'private'..insurance..sell nbn..sell the govt PUBLIC SRRVICE SLUS PENSION FUND.

RETURN to legal tender
[coin silver/gold coin..see federal constitution 115][117]

govt only can pay/recieve..in coin
tax the paper..coin is GST FREE[OR SHOULD BE]
GST ON CREDIT/notes..only..[notes are commerce]
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 11 February 2014 7:11:13 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm getting sick of pushing this but 'ere goes. FLAT Tax !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 6:25:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
dear indy..FLAT TAX..is what the rich want
they earn their flat tax/minumum..then live off the family trust fund/tax free

the richest people..dont own anything govt can tax[its safly hidden..in the tax free family trust..in a tax haven/full stop

at best your flat tax means if i give a kid 20 dollars the kid owes two bucks to govt[policehave better things to do than fill up the courts with kids not payingtax

OH I HEAR YOU BLEAT YET AGAIN..but kids are EXEMPT
THATS A LOOPP HOLE THE RICH CAN DRIVE US BROKE BY

tax transactions mate/every transaction/no matter how brief
currently..they buy and sell in micro seconds..one second its gone/next second its back[they built nuthin..yet/make trillions each year playing [reaping pillaging.stealing your money..simply because..their..more clever than you.

they would love a 20 percent tax cut..and taxing your kids.
love it..i mean they really get off on useful IGNORANT S Pushing to taX KIDS.

please get up to speed INDI
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 6:38:19 AM
under one god,
Flat tax gets rid of writing off or so it should. Saying this or that doesn't work without actually trying it is pointless. Everyone pays the same rate, full stop ! It's not the 20% that makes them rich, it's all the writing off. Everyone whinges about the tax system yet when an alternative is proposed it gets shot down without actually thinking about its potential. Unless of course you believe that one taxpayer can write off his fuel to go fishing & another can't, is a fair thing. I think it stinks & I for one would like to see this change. you like being under one God but not under one tax system, strange indeed. I wonder what this God of yours would say if his superstitious admirers couldn't write off their property investments. I suppose it's all good for you now as it is. I think it stinks.
Just imagine if we had a hypocrisy tax. You'd need to sell your club houses & talk superstition in public parks.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 12 February 2014 5:30:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy