The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Women are what they are.

Women are what they are.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
continued..

If there is a silver lining in the challenges of heterosexual marriage it is the opportunity for some real, fundamental discussion about the marriage contract and family law, which feminist-inspired policy has made one-sided (and men are expressing that with their feet), and secondly, the unpreparedness of many women for marriage. The last mentioned is not as simple as the marriage 'education' some might recommend in return.

It goes without saying that marriage or a 'child' is not going to make a sorry life better, and any who demand that their luckless husbands make up for all that is lacking in their lives will always be unhappy and constantly carping against men.

I do not oppose women's fantasies about romance, now over-laid with 'relationship' expectations that are even more single-sided and impractical. However if women have a tin ear to men and do not let them into the debate about 'relationships' and marriage, they can expect that men will continue to walk away. Do they 'lack commitment', or is it all unrealistic and a bad deal anyhow?

There is romance and romance. The US construct favoured by many Aussie women is the pits.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 23 January 2014 2:17:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well some very interesting posts I must say....well Australian blokes get the green flag...well done lads...and have to say....its bloody true:)....http://tinyurl.com/mxbg2eb

....and I bet you blokes thought you were in the bad books.....Yee of little faith:)

Planet3
Posted by PLANET3, Thursday, 23 January 2014 10:39:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Planet3,

Here's something from another perspective:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-493055/1-000-terrible-things-Australian-men-said-women.html
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 January 2014 10:02:37 AM
Foxy, "Here's something from another perspective"

Meanwhile, back in the swamp the spiteful old feminist salties are still trying to make $$ and careers out of their gender war. Well it DID work for forty years, right?

However, ex-PM Julia Whatshername rode the gender war bandwagon so often and so hard its wheels finally fell off.

It is so last century.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 25 January 2014 3:08:24 PM
Insight from Alice Cooper:

"But you and me ain't no movie stars.
What we are is what we are.
We share a bed,
Some lovin',
And TV.
And that's enough for a workin' man.
What I am is what I am.
And I tell you, babe,
Well that's enough for me."

All I can add is, if the ladies want attention....be alluring....the lack of alluring is what sends men to other women who are obviously more alluring than the one at home. The marketers have sold the myth that man should bestow objects on women to gain their favours....but evolution has dictated the rules of the game.

Why did evolution get rid of beards on females,....to make females alluring to blokes. The women were charged with keeping their reasonably hairless form alluring....but most don’t these days. The women of the generation I grew up with wouldn’t even go to the shops for the “messages” as it was called back then without putting on a face.....Nah you girls should be showering us with gifts to make up for the poor effort you put into being alluring.

The amazing thing is that women I have known pre their divorce were not alluring.....After the divorce they tart themselves up and off they go again....they become alluring again....it’s like presenting the best bait to the poor old fish lol.

Men don’t have to be alluring, just clean and groomed....their job is simply to chase the allure....
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 25 January 2014 5:52:02 PM
Dear SOG,

Perhaps you need to find some more attractive friends?

There are men who aspire to rapier wit, while others
use a blunderbuss. These are usually men who live
in the "good old days" where you were considered a good guy
if you lifted your feet while "she" did the
vacuuming." You know the type of over-zealous bloggers
whacking pronouncements into their keyboards with
their firm boring repetitive beliefs.

That's the price we pay for free speech, after all.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 25 January 2014 7:31:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy