The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is someone willing to give cigarettes the butt?

Is someone willing to give cigarettes the butt?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
CONTRADICTION..OF/FACT..actualy SAID..IN..PARLEMENT[extensive]
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=4307#109664

DEAR PAUl..my research..RE/THE..LUNG-ORGANIZATION
indicates..an entrenched LOBBY..[FROm..1913].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Lung_Association

ITS LOGO..IS symbol..for/the.."crusade"..*against tuberculosis.
is..The double barred#cross..that..was..originally/used..in the coat of arms..of Godfrey..of Bouillon,..[Duke of..Lower*Lorraine,..a leader of..the first..crusade]

it.. FUNDING..WAS
$63,288,874..[2012]..[mainly from..'groups]..like../see..nathons poST/monday]

of WHICH..*Public*Health*Education
[Got..45%]..$26,128,524

$9,803,233..WAS SPENT ON LOBBY

""..Research..got..12%..$6,930,326
[MAINLY..*COLLATING..TARGETS*TO Lobby..and..miSS-education/MATERIAL]

""..founded in..1904 to fight/tuberculosis..as the*National Association for..the Study..and..Prevention..of Tuberculosis.

'"The American/Lung Association..is particularly interested..in highly meritorious..[IE..IN..WORTHY..their eyes]..research projects consistent*..with our mission..related Strategic*[sic]..Planning Goals:

*..Eliminate tobacco use..
*..Improve the air..we breathe..
*..Reduce..the burden of lung disease..on patients..and their families..[by SPIN]

''Since 1904,..the American/Lung Association..has
worked..lol..to fight..lung disease..[read tb]..by helping people..*quit smoking,..*funding/research,..improving indoor..and outdoor air quality,..and MISS-educating..millions
about asthma.*..

''Our work is possible..only/through..public donations...[from other lobbies..AND BIG PHARMA..NEEDING..TO SELL..nicotine-gum..franchise.

mate..they*
lobbied you..BUT PLEASE NOTE..*TB IS AGAIN..*ON THE RISE..
[BUT/That lobby..'died'..THUS MORE CASH..IN MISS-Educating..[alienating]..the kids..of smokers?..

ITS..more easy,,to..make money..[to
take]..from smokers..than those..with tb..?

im surprised..at you paul..your usually..so spot-on
[but..peer pressure..works..thats why..PLUS/

half their budget..GOES TO..PROPAGANDA FOr,,our/kids.

[they grow-up..blaming..them..theIR/PARENTS LOWly..SMOKERS.. NOT..THEIR real/POISENers..[big multinationals.]..NWO..

slick/sick/sic*..[..neo-WORLD...orders]

..about..small-CELL..HERE ARE THE CAUSES..
[excluding..smoking]..IE ALL..the..NON SMOKER..CANCERS]..
so much..lobby money..[PLUS/THEY GET A PERCENTAGE Of..the tax take/lol..TAX FREE*]

BUT LETS..TRY..TO RIDE/THROUGH..THE SIN..[SPIN]
that..usually your WELL AWARE OF PAUL...

think..why you missing..it now?

http://www.drugs.com/health-guide/non-small-cell-lung-cancer.html

''Adenocarcinoma...This is the most/common*..type of NSCLC.''...
'' (NSCLC)..equALS..small cell lung cancer...NSCLC..accounts for about 85%..of all lung cancers.''

""Although it..is related''..

[ATTRIBUT*ABLE]..

""to smoking,..it is *..the most
common type..of lung cancer..in nonsmokers.''

GET IT?

''However*,..more..and more..lung cancers
are being diagnosed ..*in people..*who have never*..smoked.''..

..SEE?

yet..just further...''cigarette smokers are..13 times..more
likely*..to develop lung cancer..than nonsmokers.''

UTTER RUBBISH..[85%=NON-smokers..GET IT?]

why?

THEY..TOO..WERE/are..exposed..to..the real causation
[GETTING ALL OF Us/smokers/non smokers alike..SEE THE..[RATIO]

[quote]..[causes]..[ATTRIBUTED
SMOKING EXISED..FOR CLARITY]..

[OTHER Causes]

NON-SMOKERS..too/GOT..exposure..to radon gas...[FOUND IN GRANITE/concrete/even earth]..ALL*..exposed to asbestos.all*..are exposed to other..cancer-causing agents..at work..These include uranium,*..arseni..*,..vinyl chloride,..nickel chromates,..coal/petro products,..mustard gas,..chloromethyl ethers,..gasoline,..thinners /preservatives..perfumes..and diesel exhaust.

PLEASE NOTE..though mentioned last..diesel micro
particulate=THE HIGHEST..REAL CAUSE of cancer..in the lung.[POLLUTION]

tb*..was mainly..'cured'..by smoking..[now smoking
is going down..antibiotic RESISTANT/tb is..on the up.]..lol

TWO MILLION..GOT TB...LAST YEAR..[ITS UP 40%]
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Tb+increasing

so the lung/ass..has its fallback..money earner..
as drug resistant..TB INCREASES..AND GETS..ALL THEM..[YOU/ALL]..
TRYING TO AVOID KARMA..

[YOU POLLUTED....our wORLD..IT*..HAS ITS KARMA]..
try..and take it..like a man..
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 9:48:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have had 3 acquaintances die of "smoking related cancer", & none of them ever smoked tobacco.

One had cancer of the mouth & two of the throat. Non smokers, but you can bet they are included in the smoking related death figures.

Although non smokers, 2 had spent much of their lives driving around first Sydney, but more Brisbane. Both of them were adamant that it was Brisbane's stinking busses that did them in.

Forget about smoking, what we have to do is stamp out diesel busses, or move those worth saving to the country.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 10:05:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My main point was in reference to political parties at either a state, territory or federal level. What would they do to phase out tobacco products in Australia?

The Federal Liberal parties website for example - has details on very separate items like reducing drowning, helping problem gamblers and online safety for children - all important - http://www.liberal.org.au/our-policies - but nothing separate on phasing out smoking.

I've tried a range of other political parties online, via their websites and I can't find anything. It seems to me, its too difficult for political parties to deal with - but I won't be giving up.
Posted by NathanJ, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 11:01:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Since the smokers and their supporters can't mount even the most puerile defense of the obnoxious, deadly habit, they resort to condemning other obnoxious thing in society. This condemnation is supposed to be justification for this vile habit of smoking.
Please some smoker tells us about your grandpa who lived to a 103 and smoked 80 a day, or you uncle who smoked 70 a day and got run over by a double decker bus when he was 27.
Or simply lie,why not just refer to the exhaustive research work of Professor Bob Gobble who not only proved smoking isn't harmful, but proved it was positively good for you. All of this will be of great comfort as you gasp for air while suffering the slow death of emphysema, or the agonizing pain of lung cancer.
These are the things the addicted don't like to hear, I'm am not sorry, for being confronting, because the reality is so.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 11:14:07 AM
I think we understood that, NathanJ.

>>My main point was in reference to political parties at either a state, territory or federal level. What would they do to phase out tobacco products in Australia?<<

But surely you realize that as a policy challenge, "phasing out smoking" differs greatly from the initiatives you discovered on the Liberal Party website.

>>The Federal Liberal parties website for example - has details on very separate items like reducing drowning, helping problem gamblers and online safety for children<<

All very worthy. But note that they do not advocate the phasing out of gambling, merely "help" problem gamblers. There is a parallel in the "help" that the government provides to smokers, through education, health warnings and plain packaging. But no ban, no phasing out.

Unless the government legislates against tobacco products, there are no grounds to "phase it out". And they won't do that, for fear of slapping a totalitarian label on themselves.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 11:49:57 AM
PAUL/QUOte..<<..I have lost 2 mates to cancer,..[EDIT]..over the past 2 years both heavy smokers.>>

PLUS YOU..have had a heart-attack
seems we all dying..WITHIN TWO YEARS.

anyhow..i noTE..your green..THUS..ITS LIKELY*..YOUR MATES Were tO
so here is my question..DID EITHER OF THEM..PRotESt nukes[or visit 'the outback''or WORK With poisons..

see PAUL..the 60/70..THEY were bombing nukes dust..onto TOOBACCO
ALL THAT STUFF WAS KILLER..dusT..THEN ASBESTOS DUST..THEN BENZINE LIGHTER FLUID[THE SAME STUFF THEY PUT INTO FUEL..AS LEAD Replacement[a known carcinogen]..take out lead..put in a cancer causing MUTAGEN.

OK YOU HAD A HEART ATTACK..
they got cancer..in the END WE ALL DIE.
BUT OUT OF RESPECT..FOT YOUR TWO MATES,PLEASE find out the real cause..of their deaTH

[DID THEY GO VIETNAM?..CLEAN F111 FUEL-TANKS..LIVE IN FIBRO COTTAGE..OR EARTH Houses or bessa block/CONCRETE HOUSES..DID THEY LOVE Vinyl..dID THEY drink..AND smoke..thats the woRST.

but heck two years

<<..one lung and one throat>>..

PLEASE THIS is out of HOW MANY..peers?
was it asbestosis..OR OTHER..too many unknowns..were they autopsied?

of cOURSE NOT/DOCTERS ARE GOD.

oR docters simply wrOTE..'died SMOKING'..
[ITS..symptom..not any..beyond doubt CAUSE...of death]

i respect you paul..PLEASE THINK HARD AND long
what did they really die from?

bad doctors kill hippies/DRUGGIES/SMOKERS..THE OLD FEEble and troublemakers..OF THE 30 DEAD I KNOW..ONly one was cancer[stomach]

id say the heavey drinker got THE THROAT CANCER
AND THE other was radio-active.
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 21 January 2014 12:03:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All