The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > BBC- “When first we Practice to deceive, 28Gate”

BBC- “When first we Practice to deceive, 28Gate”

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I doubt we will hear much from the ABC about the breaking news in the UK and Europe this weekend as 28Gate suffers more exposure.

The BBC and likewise our ABC excuse their coverage of CAGW, alarmism and censorship through this “expert panel”. Which turns out to be no such thing.

Now the new disclosures under FOI identify the documentary paper trail that links a Labor Government department to environmental lobbyists to NGO’s to the BBC to fund 28Gate held at the East Anglia University’s CRU (of Climategate fame).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537886/BBCs-six-year-cover-secret-green-propaganda-training-executives.html

http://www.thegwpf.org/images/stories/gwpf-reports/booker-bbc.pdf

“What is clear in the Mail on Sunday report is that funding for the 2006 BBC climate change seminar came from a government department. Also that the funds were channeled through environmental lobbyists who were organizing the seminar.”

“What is certain is that the Government organized the 2005 Avoiding Dangerous Climate Change conference at the Hadley Centre, which led to a barrage of scare stories in the media.”

“…unearthed a plot by environmentalists and BBC journalists to subvert the corporation’s output, excluding global warming skeptics from the airwaves”

The “BBC has not only failed in its professional duty to report fully and accurately: it has betrayed its own principles, in three respects: First, it has betrayed its statutory obligation to be impartial, using the excuse that any dissent from the official orthodoxy was so insignificant that it should just be ignored or made to look ridiculous. Second, it has betrayed the principles of responsible journalism, by allowing its coverage to become so one-sided that it has too often amounted to no more than propaganda. Third, it has betrayed the fundamental principles of science, which relies on unrelenting skepticism towards any theory until it can be shown to provide a comprehensive explanation for the observed evidence”.

Is suspect the two most avid readers of this news will be Mark Scott and Tony Abbott? Scott will say nothing, Abbott will do nothing, yet!

ABC news should be “informative” over the next week or so?

The CAGW advocacy block must be having nightmares.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 13 January 2014 8:09:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted. Off topic.]
Posted by 579, Monday, 13 January 2014 12:13:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Forgive my ingrained cynicism, but this look s to me like a classic Daily Mail beat-up.

The underlying fact is that the BBC ran a seminar to explore, it would seem, entertainment opportunities presented by global warming.

"Then director of television Jana Bennett opened the seminar by telling the executives to ask themselves: ‘How do you plan and run a city that is going to be submerged?’ And she asked them to consider if climate change laboratories might offer material for a thriller."

Anyone who has run a seminar of any kind will know that £67,000 is a pretty workaday amount for one targetting "28 of the Corporation’s most senior executives".

My guess would be that this line is pure speculation on the Mail's part:

"...the then Labour government, which hoped to see its ‘line’ on climate change and other Third World issues promoted in BBC reporting."

How does a discussion on submerged cities represent the government's "line" on anything?

Hey, I'm as sceptical as the next man, but this reeks of anti-Green activism, gleefully tagetting that last hold-out of anti-commercial newsgathering, the BBC.

Much as Rupert wants to save us from the clutches of the ABC, to give his independent news media the unchallenged right to present an unbiased information agenda. *choke*
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 13 January 2014 1:56:31 PM
[Deleted. Off topic.]
Posted by 579, Monday, 13 January 2014 2:16:53 PM
Pericles,

I guess shooting the messenger was always going to be easier than having to respond to the content?

“16. Motive Questioning- When sound evidence against the group is presented, members are taught to question the motivation of the presenter”.

Would it make it any easier if the reporting on this issue was from the BBC themselves, the UK Courts, Sky News, Spectator, The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Mail, BBC Radio 4, Google, Der Spiegel, Washington Post, NY Times or Internet News.

This has been in the news since January 2006 and blew up again with the Court Case in November 2012. With the recent success of FOI requests and the evidence provided in the released documents as provided in the link, the money trail is now complete and this saga fully exposed.

I guess you could have read all that if you had bothered to follow and read the links provided, or even just Googled it.

You could also confirm the censorial nature of both the ABC and BBC by telling us what you have gleaned from them?

I guess if the great Pericles says it’s a non story then there is one thing of which we can be certain, it’s a home run.

Now you are free to comment on the content of the story and leave the messengers alone.

579, Your posts are completely off topic and risk diverting the thread. Please respond to the topic.
Posted by spindoc, Monday, 13 January 2014 5:12:46 PM
Thanks for making sure you included the qualification, spindoc.

>>“16. Motive Questioning- When sound evidence against the group is presented, members are taught to question the motivation of the presenter”.<<

If you look closely, it was the soundness of the evidence that I was bringing into question, including i) the piddling amount that the seminar cost and ii) the declaration of intent by the convener at the seminar's opening. It was this analysis that prompted the questioning of the motives, and not the other way around.

Also, if I had really wanted to "shoot the messenger", I would have pointed out the pedigree of the Global Warming Policy Foundation Report Five document's author, the famous Private Eye professional mischiefmaker Christopher Booker, and his illustrious foreword-writer Sir Antony Jay of Yes Minister fame. Both of whom make a comfortable living from comedy and satire, and are well versed in the art of making fun of institutions of which they disapprove.

But that would only upset you, so I will avoid doing so.
Posted by Pericles, Monday, 13 January 2014 6:34:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy