The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I fear the lucky country ship has sailed and we've missed the boat.

I fear the lucky country ship has sailed and we've missed the boat.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
it's going to take at least three terms of Coalition Government just to nudge the damage from the ALP/Rudd Government. Who knows what condition the US & China & Russia will be in by then ?
Australia probably has a better chance than most countries to recover if real education can be made a priority beefed up with a National Service. Once australian teachers can spell properly again & the kids have a tiny dose of responsibility drummed into them, things will have a chance to improve. The recent & the present standard of australian education are a recipè for progressive regress.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 10:26:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
National service, Individual?
Great idea.

Let's teach all our youth how to shoot to kill.
Then we could be more like America, where shooting guns is a national 'right', and a gun is considered part of their morning routine when dressing.

I think our country is too bright to resort to such violence, and I also believe our youth have had a good education in the main.
People around the world are clamouring to live in Australia, so we must be doing something right...
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 3 December 2013 11:06:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let's teach all our youth how to shoot to kill.
Suseonline,
where does it say anything about shooting ? How can our young get good education with the system here unless the Coalition is changing it ? It's all about discipline & pulling your own weight. Don't get stuck in the mentality that we're all public servants. Some of actually do work & produce something.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 4 December 2013 5:10:00 AM
Butch, said "I (rehctub) have little doubt work choices, of some form, will one day return, so we can stop paying ridiculously high wages." Are new starters in the meat trade, still told to "get your wages through the scales?". Maybe Abbott can incorporate that philosophy into his "new" work choices, just for butchers.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 4 December 2013 5:37:56 AM
Paul you should know better.
Rechtub may well be a good bloke.
But his posts ALWAYS IGNORE workers rights.
He and thousands of right wing Tory,s will be unaware of this weeks significant birth day.
Eureka Stockade, birth place of unions and too the event that stopped a under class of workers being thought of as cattle.
Any thought we are doomed because we think a worker has the right to a liveing wage, not survival is worth fighting against.
And too the idea this country is doomed is like that famous poem about Hanrahan a funny joke but not true.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 4 December 2013 6:29:21 AM
I cannot recall any government over a long working life that was of any real value. State or Federal for that matter.
With few exceptions politicians of all stripes produce little that is of benefit to the country.
You get on with life, working your way around these fools who waste their time and our money in Canberra.
The previous Labor government and this current Liberal Government would possibly be the worst of a bad lot.
Every circus needs a clown but appointing the clown as ringmaster is not a good look, a few laughs at best.
In my opinion they are both indefensible.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Wednesday, 4 December 2013 7:14:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy