The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are the Greens responsible for loss of property due to fire?

Are the Greens responsible for loss of property due to fire?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20
  13. All
Come on fellers, the national park service is, & always has been a joke. Anything useful they ever do is exceedingly conspicuous among their useless activities. It is as infested with greenies as are the parks with feral weeds & vermin.

It is the loss of forestry, & the forest service, & their control of dangerous bush that is the start of the problem. Then the handing over of swathes of forest to the clowns in national parks that finished the job.

Since the takeover, national parks have not only stopped maintaining the fire trails, allowing them to become barely passable due to erosion, but they have dug trenches through some trails & dragged logs across others, to stop access.

On some resort islands, management who took over maintenance of walking tracks in parks, which the parks service no longer did, have been threatened with prosecution, if they touch anything at all.

The parks service has become as nasty & vindictive as a spoilt brat, more interested in limiting public access to parks, than maintaining them. It is a bureaucratic mess, past it's time. It should be closed, & anyone above ranger chucked on the dole que, & the whole thing, including rangers passed to forestry, who could at least reduce the fire threat.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 1:02:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An insightful and accurate post, Hasbeen.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 1:34:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Parrot,

Sorry, I posted this earlier in the wrong thread.

Trust you to try and nit pick one irrelevant factoid and try and make it the main issue.

Whether the man was fined $20k, $50k or $100k for taking rational action to protect his family and property, the point is that he was punished for doing the right thing simply because of stupid laws put in place by city based morons that value their ideals more than human life.

That this man's house was just about the only one standing is proof that these regulations are idiotic, and the moronic greens that pushed this through should be horse whipped.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 2:53:08 PM
Shadow Minister you understand my view about greens.
Words much like yours can be seen in an existing thread.
That thread, quite rightly, started to hold Brant to account for his use of the fires for political gain.

My words about the cuts to both fire fighting and preventive fire control come from a proven source.
I had Forests NSW and NSW Parks briefly under my wing as a union official, about 12 months.
Using the best research people and lawyers I fought against *a deliberate intention* to remove, without replacing, fire fighters from those two groups in this state.
They are the best, parks even has the Helicopter drop in crews we sent to America to help fight their fires.
NSW Parks HQ is burdened by PC and totally not understanding what cuts do on the ground.
*We need to use what we have free from PC and government cuts*
I have been inside Parks office, under a Labor and Liberal office.
It reeks of self interest and positions given on sexual orientation race sex and like any such selection process puts lard heads without ideas in job.
Foxy has a thought that may well be the answer.
But I *beg* that the truth be considered, first stomp out the not in my back yard anti controlled burns middle class, get laws that see them penalized for interfering with winter burns.
You would think it is a simple task, to build treeless fire breaks around all groups of homes.
Try it! not just greens but all classes want a home under the trees.
Take them to the ashes of lost homes see the graves of past dead by fire.
Our first people burned and we think we know more than them.
After the fires and rebuilding drive around and see the trees growing along side the house.
Mine do but in an Island of grass not bush.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 2:55:21 PM
Folks,
The only weapons in the firefighters armory are back-burning and fuel reduction. At the moment the fuel on the ground is at record levels so much so that the standard measurement tools cannot calculate it.
The green are responsible for this fuel and therefore responsible for the fires.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 8:37:32 PM
Belly,

I cannot dispute your experience, and agree with you to some extent. These lard heads compete to prove themselves more PC, and the job becomes irrelevant.

God save us from well intentioned idiots.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 22 October 2013 8:50:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. 20