The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are irregular arrivals a wartime secret?

Are irregular arrivals a wartime secret?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 60
  11. 61
  12. 62
  13. All
Hi Philips,

Don't bother with Cossomby's little request: <<Philip S. (or anyone else) - can you provide some evidence for this?>>

It's a common illegal immigration advocates tactic to demand *proof*,then, when it is presented just shrug it off.

Having tried to educate Cossomby before let me tell you no amount of evidence will ever shift her rusted-on views.
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 23 September 2013 11:55:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For how much longer are we going to have to put up with the most incompetent government since Howard in 2007. Surely they must have been in office for 3 years by now, if not it seems like it. Vote for Albo he has the answers particularly his rock solid policy of "I'll stop the boats." LOL.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 23 September 2013 12:05:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Note to Graham.

The lefty garbage on threads like this is so puerile, it is making OLO hardly worth reading. I know you don't delete comment other than for abuse, but some of this stuff is abusing all intelligence.

OK, so they are only demeaning themselves with this stuff, but it does get so boring. It is rather like listening to a bunch of undergrads being smart, so I guess it will continue until they grow up, & that looks like being a long way from now.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 23 September 2013 1:04:13 PM
Note to Hasbeen.

"Lefties" make up around 10 percent of OLO's contributors.

Mostly right-wingers here, so much so that people like me spend most of their time elsewhere these days.

Except when one notes a relevant thread like this...relevant that is to the dodgy tactics and transparent attempts at trickery by the new govt.

Unfortunately, for you, Abbott and his merry band of incompetents are set to provide a lot of fodder for criticism.
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 23 September 2013 1:31:11 PM
Lucyface,

Is there any indication that the information in the weekly briefing will any less accurate than the daily briefings of the Labor government?

Under the pacific solution roughly 2-3 boats arrived a year. Would daily briefings still be necessary?

The people do have a right to know, but do they have a right to know everything instantly? Are the left whingers addicted to the 24hr news cycle that made the last 6 years such a circus? Perhaps they would prefer hourly briefings?

Already the boat arrivals are half what they were under Juliar and Dudd, 8 in 16 days.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 23 September 2013 1:41:47 PM
Oh, looky here...

More censorship looming:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-23/moves-to-stop-green-makret-boycott-campaigns-a-27threat-to-fre/4974784

And just in case SPQR accuses me of cherry-picking, here's the same issue from Murdoch's rag, The Australian:

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/companies-to-get-protection-from-activists-boycotts/story-fn59niix-1226724817535

Well, goody...I wonder what's up next for censorship
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 23 September 2013 1:45:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 60
  11. 61
  12. 62