The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Did they do it or not?

Did they do it or not?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Please read this objectively.
If what is being said here has any foundation of truth then the whole system of Westminster Government is teetering on the brink of disaster.
Could the royal household hate the prospect of a Muslim in the family that much that presumptive executive action be effected by those charged with protecting the throne.
Could there have been a role in the affair for the Church of England which stood to be humiliated if Dodi Al Fayed married into the leading church family.
Even if it isn't true it is the stuff of a dozen new books.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/mp/18948493/sas-assassinated-princess-diana/
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Monday, 16 September 2013 4:03:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, no chance.

There is no way all of those intelligent, earnest and dedicated investigators could have missed it or been corrupted. Those investigators would have been the cream of the police forces involved. They can be trusted to run every detail to ground and many times over.

Even years after solving a case the same investigators would never give up watching and thinking in case they missed something. Unsolved cases and motivations nag at them. Theirs is a vocation for the totally dedicated. It takes men and women like that to do the work.

Trust the media to give it oxygen.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 16 September 2013 5:30:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Chris,

This is the stuff of conspiracy theories isn't it?
Who really killed JFK?
Who was Jack The Ripper?
Is Elvis still alive?
And the list goes on.

And, you're right this is the stuff of pulp fiction.
Which some non-entity will undoubtedly try to profit from.

Let the Princess Rest In Peace.
Her family members deserve that.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 16 September 2013 6:11:43 PM
My dear onthebeach

"earnest and dedicated investigators""the cream of the police forces""They can be trusted""Theirs is a vocation for the totally dedicated"

Spoken like a true ultra right wing conservative. I love it.

I don't know if he did it or he didn't and I really don't think whatever happened will have any bearing on life as we know it, but in respect of your statements above I draw your attention to the Royal Commission in to abused children.
Just watch the crap hit the fan involving "earnest and dedicated investigators""the cream of the police forces""They can be trusted""Theirs is a vocation for the totally dedicated" who closed their eyes to what was happening or worse were involved in it.

Sir there is no such animal as you describe.
I spent years working under corrupt premiers and police commissioner and senior police who were all considered (on the day) to be "earnest and dedicated investigators""the cream of the police forces""They can be trusted""Theirs is a vocation for the totally dedicated"

I worked with such legends as ray Kelly, Kelly-Wells, Fagan, Gaskill and Roger Rogerson all by standards of the day "earnest and dedicated investigators""the cream of the police forces""They can be trusted""Theirs is a vocation for the totally dedicated"

We put criminals behind bars where they needed to be for the protection of society. I wouldn't say for one minute that all the evidence was kosher in fact there were many time we created it to fit the crime and crim concerned but we knew he was guilty and so did he.

So if anyone believes that Scotland Yard or MI5 MI6 or any other of those sort of agencies are 100% honest apart from their avowed earnest dedication, their cream of the crop status,they're trustworthiness and their loyalty they should wake up to reality.

Like I say I don't know what happened but it is interesting from a spectator point of view.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Monday, 16 September 2013 7:54:06 PM
chrisgaff1000,

If you don't believe that the very best investigators were put on this case so be it I guess.

By now many would have seen the TV report and if they listened at all they would be aware of the qualifications and limitations expressed prior to and during the report. If you value that above the skilled investigators paid by the British and French governments so be it I guess. But you would have to admit that the quality control was somewhat lacking in the 'investigations' of the media's 'expert on conspiracy theories affecting Diana's death'.

Up to you what you believe.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 16 September 2013 8:14:09 PM
onthebeach,
I am sorry if I confuse you. I have not said they were not the best investigators all I have said is that if you trust officialdom then good luck to you.
As far as believing them is concerned did you believe our politicians when they said there would be no GST or any one of dozens of lies that have spewed forth from their corrupt lips.
Belief flows from trust and if you don't trust then you don't believe.
Didn't we go to war in Iraq because we believed based on trust.
I have worked with some of the "Best" investigators in this country and believe you me the results we got were what was considered best for the public perception at the time.
Even now some of those investigators are on the verge of revisiting their convenient findings.
As far as lady Di is concerned the particular angle of a simple blinding light at an unsuspecting moment combined with a drunken driver and high speed supported by motive is plausible.
Who knows if that angle was investigated? have you ever seen any of the findings published? I haven't. Even the coroners reports have been sealed other than for the verdict.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Monday, 16 September 2013 9:34:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy