The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Rudd think people are stupid?

Does Rudd think people are stupid?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Snickerkid, I have to question your thoughts on work choices.

Given the mining boom, I have little doubt many people's wages would have increased, as the demand was far outweighing supply and, given the competition for workers between mining companies, any thought of slashing wages would have seen a mass exitist of workers from any such company.

At the same time, work choices, if it were still in, may well have saved many jobs, as many workers would have been happier to take a pay cut, than to loose their jobs as they did.

Given that the mining boom is retracting, I can guarantee you that wage/condition deals will be on the table, as businesses struggle to stay open.

What many fail to recognize is that many wages/conditions enjoyed today, are as a result of an inbalance between supply and demand during the boom times.

Given that inbalance is now correcting itself, all I can say, is brace yourself, because if you are one of the beneficiaries of this inbalance, life as you know it is about to be turned upside down.

Further evidence of this is in recent figures released by Westfield, because the most likely cause of depleting profits, is that many retailers are paying less rent, or none at all.

Watch this space.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 1:16:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tony Abbott has hot daughters though.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 2:12:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And he sees their brain as their greatest
asset!

Jessica Rudd is also lovely -
as is her daughter Josephine Tse!
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 2:40:47 PM
About time. It seems we are past misogyny...

"Tony Abbott has hot daughters though."

"And he sees their brain as their greatest asset!"

Which goes to show that he has never looked down on them.
Posted by WmTrevor, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 3:04:06 PM
<Does Rudd think people are stupid?>

He continually refers to voters as 'punters'.

He does patronise them with with all of that superficial 'nerd' image and by talking down to them.

Everyone doesn't have a head as big as a planet. So regrettably very few can be as 'Progressive' as Kevin.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 3:06:41 PM
Yes, I guess that although our
brain is supposedly guaranteed to have
a certain capacity - too bad that for
many it's often running empty.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 3:31:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All