The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does Rudd think people are stupid?

Does Rudd think people are stupid?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
You know, I can't help feeling a bit annoyed with myself for still getting stuck into poor ol' Kevin after he conceded defeat and quit as leader.
It's one thing to have a go when the fight is raging and there is much at stake, but quite another to kick a fellow when he's down.
When I reviewed seeing Kevin with Therese at his side, giving that fateful concession speech on Saturday night, I couldn't help noticing her smile in concurrence and acknowledgment as he announced he was standing down as leader.
Therese is justifiably proud of her Kevin, and has clearly demonstrated that she has been with him all the way. That loyalty speaks heaps.

Whatever may be, I am satisfied that Kevin gave it his all, and with the best interests of Labor at heart all the way.
And I am annoyed at the likes of Craig Emerson (former boyfriend of Julia G) for all-but demanding that Kevin should quit the parliament altogether. (I never took to Craig anyway, and I wish he would just go away.)
'They' put Kev there to do a job, twice, and he gave it a helluva shot - winning quite brilliantly on the first round at least, to great acclaim.
What very, very poor losers some of 'them' are proving to be.

Good luck Kev, in whatever road you choose. You are a significant part of history, and no-one can ever take that away. Cheers.
Posted by Saltpetre, Monday, 9 September 2013 10:44:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think Labor are never going to rebuild unless they drop the recriminations. Craig Emersons comments epitomize what brought down a once united and powerful political party.

Emerson contributed greatly in my opinion, to the disintegration and compromised Labors image with his childish and undignified behavior at was a crucial time for the Party he served.

There is barley a Labor MP that does not share the burden of blame, particularly when they continue to erode the dignity and integrity of a historic political party that gave us many of the things that make this country great.

Frankly they are not worthy. I look forward to a new generation of leaders. After the last election i now feel its a long way off.
Posted by 2cents, Tuesday, 10 September 2013 8:16:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Labor was never united in the old days 2cents, that was part of their strength.

Don't you remember the knock down drag out fights at their annual conferences. They may not have been fully united, but they sure were honest. They were only united in their hatred of "the bosses".

I can remember Hawke who was all in favor of the nuclear industry, wanting to open more mines, but folding his tent & retreating from the fight at one of those conferences.

That was when he lost my respect, & with Richardson's help, the Labor party lost me.

Their contrived agreements at conferences, & acts of mutual undying love is what started the rot which resulted in the marionette leader, with the real Rudd stand out of sight, pulling the strings.

Thank god he is finished.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 10 September 2013 11:25:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy