The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Paid parental leave schemes, agree but disagree

Paid parental leave schemes, agree but disagree

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Houellebecq, you honestly have no idea how small business works, do you.

Firstly, most SB people draw a salary, as the first $18,000 is tax free to all directors.

They then make their salary as high as possible, up to a max of about $102,000, as this is the cut off point fir the last tax bracket under 30c in the dollar (the current company tax rate), it's called tax planning.

As for maternity leave, I think it's about time people start to stand on their own two feet and stop expecting to be gifted money.

Personally, I hate modern labor, but I also hate this brain fart of a policy the libs have come up with.

I was swinging towards Bob, but not anymore, so it's back to the drawing board.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 21 August 2013 3:31:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well, 30% tax used to cut in a lot earlier. Of course rehctub I am happy for the scammy business man who hates employees to explain how he avoids tax.

I thought the idea was for the business to make no profit and pay no tax, and reinvest in the business and use all the company assets for private use so you don't even need a salary. Have depreciating company cars, free rent/loans and all sorts of stuff in the company name which the owner uses for private use only.
Posted by Houellebecq, Wednesday, 21 August 2013 9:34:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
....Well, 30% tax used to cut in a lot earlier. Of course rehctub I am happy for the scammy business man who hates employees to explain how he avoids tax.

Yes, 30% used to cut in earlier, however, this is no fault of the business man.

As for your scammy business man comment, il let that one go through to the keeper, because if that's the best you can come up with, it's yet further proof of how wrong you are.

As for reinvesting in the business, guess what, tax is paid on the reinvestment dollars before it gets reinvested.

Now as a business owner, you don't need to draw a salary, as you can take what's known as drawings, then, come tax time, you pay the tax owed as per a PAYG employee.

Free rent loans you say, sorry, but you're wrong again.

Any loans taken from the company go into what's known as a loan account and, loan accounts need to be monitored.

At the end of the day, business owners must be entitled to some perks, because after all,unlike most employees,
they often go off to work with the risk off loosing their home, but, rather than appreciate their efforts, the likes of you and your tall poppy mates on the one had gladly accept the jobs provided, while on the other back stab to person who provides that job.

Talk about want to have your cake and eat it at the same time.

As I say, you are out of your depth, but if you want to learn, may I suggest you ask the question, without the accusation and insults, as I would be more than happy to assist, where I can.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 22 August 2013 6:36:51 AM
Well, it's nice to see you're still doin' us all a favour rehctub.

I for one am always happy to work the expected unpaid overtime for the owner to afford his next Mercedes.

'At the end of the day, business owners must be entitled to some perks, because after all,unlike most employees,
they often go off to work with the risk off loosing their home'

Hahhaa. You're joking now. The worker can be laid off at the whim of the business owner, cant pay the mortgage and lose his home. He has to pay his creditors, not like the business owner.

See, you want your employees to be eternally grateful, like servants, but you show no gratitude to their efforts in making you a motza. It's give and take, but somehow you're doin' them all a favour.

'gladly accept the jobs provided, while on the other back stab to person who provides that job.'

How is that different to you? You resent paying them a decent wage, yet somehow you expect them to be eternally grateful.

BTW: The free bit I was asking about is that if you get the business to pay the home loan, then you live there rent free. This is a way of hiding the salary. Similarly for other 'business' assets like phones, computers, cars, 'entertainment expenses'.

I don't understand your bit about reinvestment. If you buy lots things like the above 'for the company', wouldn't it just mean your company doesn't make as big a profit, so no tax on what would have been profit?
Posted by Houellebecq, Thursday, 22 August 2013 9:01:06 AM
I do believe this program is actually designed by Abbott to save the car industry. Yes, Moms new Range Rover is back on the shopping list, where else will Penelope and Tristam fit little Ezekiel's bubs capsule. On a bus!
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 22 August 2013 8:32:07 PM
Dear Chris,

<<I don't know where you live but try living where I do in Cairns where there is uncontrollable violence towards older white people>>

What have my current living conditions as an adult to do with my childhood in a different country?

There is no defence for bullying, regardless of age, regardless of location.

Can you even grasp that different people have different personalities and different duties and that it is just how it should be?

Hitting back is suitable for a particular class in society. That class of people who are called to do so, who have such responses naturally in their blood, become soldiers, policemen and leaders - it's not for everyone and would be very wrong to expect people to perform someone else's duty instead of their own.

As a child, as young as I can remember myself, I was always repulsed and disgusted by the idea of hitting back. When I was hit as a child, I would naturally come to my Mom and ask for a kiss - and that solved the problem.

I am so thankful to my parents and proud of them for never making such demands on me, for never trying to corrupt me in that way against my nature. Eventually at the end of year 1, my parents moved me to another school, for my protection.

The fact that you have a particular calling does not allow you to expect all others to have that same calling.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 22 August 2013 10:37:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy