The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pink Batts revisited, What is Rudd hiding?

Pink Batts revisited, What is Rudd hiding?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
While Kevin Rudd is trying to airbrush away the last 6 chaotic years of Labor government offering a "New way" as if none of the chaos was due to him, it is good to see that all his past blunders are not entirely dead and buried. If Rudd is true to his word in offering transparency he will release the information on his involvement in the pink batts debacle, or is transparency only for others?

"KEVIN Rudd's direct knowledge of serious risks to public safety and other major policy defects in the deadly $2 billion home-insulation debacle will be examined in a new legal action by 65 companies that lost more than $100 million....

Mr Stewart, 65, accused Mr Rudd of being disingenuous for hiding confidential documents and briefing notes that the Prime Minister and cabinet received when safety and other risks were obvious and being stressed by experienced industry figures.

"It is very difficult for us not to hold Kevin Rudd directly responsible," Mr Stewart said.

"It becomes more obvious when we know that he still refuses to release the most important documents. We believe that Peter Garrett (the former minister in charge of the program) was left carrying the can for Mr Rudd."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 8 August 2013 10:59:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes SM, labor voters also avoid his and labors disasters of the past six years.

I also suspect this pending lawsuit may well be behind Rudds push for a PM to serve a full term.

One thng for sure is that there will be a book published about the past six years, because there has been so much happen and so many stuff ups, and I doubt there has been a period like it in our political history.

I simply can not understand why so many people out there are willing to simply sweep labors past six years under the carpet, especially on the back of just one man.

Unless of cause I am right in assuming they pollsters take their polls from the likes of uni students.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 9 August 2013 7:09:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pink batts revisited
[another 3 word slogan

inmyopinion
if you have recieved the foil/batts/insulation..blah blah blah
ifyou took the feee;lunch..its shared guilt all round..

[if you didnt realise the issue..
BEFORE*..anyone died..guilt..ALL*ROUND..is imp-lied

have you sen the www.laborwaste.com brochure
its rather pathetic,..mentioning.near all labratter...achievement's
then with a headline under..from in the main murderoch news sheets]7 from the australian alone

this makes the peter beatup'$..nomination of forde..all the more clever[who better to point out howards ruthless cuts to states..that [so the narrative will say]..FORCED him*..to sell of assets..OR borrow..or reduce services

picking peter beatup..may save kev/alp
or it may not..

but even you gotta agree..its a different way

as promised
just as the spin-of the ""20..big wastes..lol..AND cha0s
arnt all that big..indeed some are rather petty
and chaotic is over reach/spin

plus my copy couldnt evenget the printing right
[the inside page is upside down..[or the front..is inverted]

affronted spin?
same old way..as opposed to the neo krudd way
Posted by one under god, Friday, 9 August 2013 8:03:35 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He is hiding nothing.
It however highlights Abbott,s willingness to use fear and loathing and yes half truths.
Please contributors to SM ,s thread take on todays statement from Abbott.
*He claims his team will take us to a triple A credit rating*
And ignoring the fact we already have that *made the claim Labor is not the party to do it*
Australia needs a leader far far better than Tony would be.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 9 August 2013 2:50:16 PM
Yes the pink batts implementation was a fiasco. This has been documented and summarised in an official review that was not favourable to the Rudd Government. And yes that same review was critical of the fact that advice had been received by the PM and he instead chose 'jobs over safety' if I remember the phrasing correctly.

The LNP's efforts to drag this up is meaningless. Everyone already knows it was a fiasco, so now they are trying to make it something even more even implying criminality which, as much as I dislike Rudd, is a stretch by any means.

It is laughable when one things of the AWB inquiry where the LNP got away with deceiving the Australian public.

It's really disappointing when any political party expects honesty from their opponents but don't give a toss about their own misbehaviours - and that goes for both sides of politics.
Posted by pelican, Friday, 9 August 2013 4:28:16 PM
rechtub>> Unless of cause I am right in assuming they pollsters take their polls from the likes of uni students<<

Butch I believe the polls are taken directly from the audience for the ABC's Q&A.

Talking of Q&A here is the ABC's description of the host:
>>Tony Jones is one of Australia's most respected journalists<<

This is my description:
Tony Jones......shooter of ducks in a partisan barrel.

Journalist my colon, he has never hunted free range....always in the ABC's game reserve with an audience of gun bearers. The free range journo’s call him “sure bet.”

OUG>> inmyopinion
if you have recieved the foil/batts/insulation..blah blah blah
ifyou took the feee;lunch..its shared guilt all round<<

Bit harsh sport, is it my fault that I wanted to lounge in comfort just idly watching the national debt clock roll and roll, but calmed by the reassurance that there is a New Way and the REAL Labor will be coaxed out as the REAL NEW Julia was coaxed from her original packaging.

SM the depth of ignorance from the plebs exactly matches the government’s debt….funny that.
Posted by sonofgloin, Friday, 9 August 2013 5:28:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy