The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So that's why he won't call an election. Thanks Albert!

So that's why he won't call an election. Thanks Albert!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Abbott has been power drunk for 3 years + and not going anywhere. He will see his party into oblivion.
Then Turnbull will rise and finish them off all together.
Posted by doog, Tuesday, 30 July 2013 6:24:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I make not a secret about the dislike I have for Mr Rudd but he might be able to win the election for everyone who wants us to win it for the Labour party. If Mr Abbott wins the election the country will surely crumble away to a mess, with human rights trodden all over, and other terrible things that will happen to us all under a Liberal Government! Liberal will remove the protection we have from our unions. Bring back work choices and then we will all loose our jobs.
I dislike Mr Rudd the dud a lot, but if he can win the labour election for us, maybe I was wrong about him?

We need to have as many boat people as we can manage to accommodate here. Because, as the say often - "Populate or Parish". Why are Australians so scared of boat people? Take all their jobs? Or take all their houses and other modern appliances? Or is it because they just don't like people from other countries because they show how they have REAL SKILL OR ENTERPRISE by coming here under the eye of our to relaxed government? The Aussie Navy are not very good and efficient, otherwise they would be able to catch all the boat people. Or is it perhaps as many of my friends say! Some Aussies are very raciest with people from other countries.
Posted by misanthrope, Tuesday, 30 July 2013 3:33:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it's not immigration that is the problem it's forced entry. There are many millions that could potentially come here, and that is where the problem is. We are best prepared to take a steady stream not a raging torrent. It could be a full generation before there is any value out of these people, and in the mean time they have to be kept.
Hardly fair on the legitimate people that have waited years to get acceptance.
Posted by doog, Tuesday, 30 July 2013 3:56:56 PM
Rechtub at present you can dream.
And avoid the pain until it comes post election.
Abbott dare not close his eyes however his dreams will both be true, and nightmares.
He will never Be PM.
Not ever, if he turned up to join Saint Kev, and agree to ETS GONSKY and NDIS then said we will do what ever Kev says on boat people?
Every one would think it was just another Abbott lie!
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 30 July 2013 5:31:32 PM
rehctub>> It remains to be seen just how many gullible people there are around.<<

Butch, since the Gillard election win, whenever I drive past a bus stop and see 7 Aussies standing there, I just take 3 of them to be deaf, blind, and simple,….of feeble coherence. Definitely good at reciting things they hear, not too crash hot on the thinking front.

Ask them why they vote Labor and they invariably say that they don’t like Abbott.
I don’t like Abbott, but not for the same reasons as the majority of Labor voters. They don’t like the man, his persona. The slurs always come down to his look or a mocking of his macho physical activities.

A while back Belly put up a post bagging Abbott for his part in the destruction of Pauline Hanson and her political aspirations. Back then I knew it was coming, there was no room for a grass roots party in our 2 party system, and the boys down at Union Hall were quietly pleased at the outcome.

But the filthy act of having Pauline Hanson jailed finished Abbott with me forever. But if I vote Lib, I am not voting for Abbott….I am voting to get rid of historical incompetence from all the portfolios of this Labor government.

Gullible maybe Butch, but definite feeble thinkers.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 30 July 2013 7:40:29 PM
Doog>> It could be a full generation before there is any value out of these people<<

Value out of these people doogy? That’s a bit Mandigo old bean.

Govt numbers revealed that 85% of “refugees” and their families are still govt supported after 10 years of residency. Welfare supported households begat welfare supported households.

The first world does not have the manufacturing base to support unskilled or semi skilled migrants. Europe and the United States have had record immigrations into a diminishing manufacturing base, and now have record unemployment.

There is no political bent to my views doogy, it’s just cause and effect and it affects all voters. There are bastards to blame for this but it is not the legal refugees, the ones with documents but no funds.
Posted by sonofgloin, Tuesday, 30 July 2013 8:04:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy