The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So when did Kevin Rudd change his view on asylum seekers?

So when did Kevin Rudd change his view on asylum seekers?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
I have to wonder just when Kevin Rudd changed his view on asylum seekers.

Did it just happen one night after he became PM again, you know, woke up one morning with a different view, or, did it happen quite some time ago, but he held the belief that "it's not my problem" as it's not my job.

Interesting hey!
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 11 July 2013 8:08:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It doesn't really matter when he changed his views on asylum seekers now rehctub, because he is way up there in the opinion polls compared to Abbott.

I guess people remember all the things Abbott has apparently (at least in public anyway) changed his mind over, such as contraception and abortion, and realise that this is what ALL politicians do.

Getting worried about the coming election yet rehctub ?
You have been a little quieter than normal on this site of late : )
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 11 July 2013 9:58:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A lot of the views others imposed on Labor and its views on the boats are a fantasy.
Abbott, content to not actually want the boats stopped.
But to both claim he did, and that he was the answer has beached himself.
A considered view, not always on display here, tells us the solution must be a *regional one* taking in to consideration all country,s effected by the refugee problem.

I advise such as Rechtub, that the blame game no longer works.
And added to Mr Negativity's long list of complaints, and the refusal to put forward answers/alternative policy is no longer good enough.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 12 July 2013 5:09:00 AM
OK guys, enough waffling about REGIONAL SOLUTIONS/ REGIONAL COOPERATION. Following close on Kevin's barnstorming visit to Indonesia we have its first test.

See here:<<An Indonesian court has ruled against extraditing accused people smuggler Sayed Abbas to Australia to face... 27 charges of people smuggling>>
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-11/sayed-abbas-extradition-verdict/4814758

<<[It was]... not included in Australia's extradition treaty with Indonesia...a letter from Indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono would be needed. NO SUCH LETTER WAS PROVIDED>>

<<The judge said the offences, if they did occur, were not within Australia's jurisdiction>>

This particular point is interesting: <<The judge said the offences, if they did occur, were not within Australia's jurisdiction>>
Hmmmm! I wonder how this judge feels about the Australian navy picking up "asylum seeekers" (ex-Indonesia ports, crewed by Indonesians) from inside the Indonesian maritime rescue zone?

C'mon Yudhoyono, C'mon Ruddyono put-up OR SHUT-UP!
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 12 July 2013 7:45:22 AM
The Malaysia solution would have solved the problem years ago. Dr no said no. So who doesn't want the boats stopped.
Posted by doog, Friday, 12 July 2013 7:56:44 AM
So Mr Rudd is ahead of Tony Abbott in the opinion polls.
Who cares!
When are we as a voting public going to understand it not about Abbott, Rudd, Wong, Gillard or any indivdual.
We vote for policy, not personality.
If the Australian public are duped -again- into this personality stuff over policy preference, then Australia will get more of what we've had. Bad government who sucked the electorate in with spin.
For Australia's sake, please vote on policy.
Posted by LeftOut, Friday, 12 July 2013 8:46:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy