The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Abbott's credibility is shredded

Abbott's credibility is shredded

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18
  13. All
Arjay I'll settle for the boats stopped.

The damn fool excesses in the NBN, & don't forget that is another huge debt that is "off budget", so not counted in our debt figure.

A few welfare excesses stopped.

And a cut back in alternate energy generating stupidity planned spending.

Oh, & it would be nice if we could restore our previous still low defense spending

Hell if we can get that much we'll be way in front.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 31 May 2013 10:13:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is there any reason to regard the RAbbott as any more trustworthy than the red-headed witch given that his history suggests otherwise ?? His 'stop the boats' proposal is a poorly conceived long shot at best, his support for propping up the already moribund motor industry shows how little awareness he has of real world economics and he clearly has no better grasp of welfare than JooLIAR, dying duck & wong wun. I don't believe the NBN is necessarily the disaster some believe it is, Australia can't remain a technologically backward backwater & still expect to achieve any measure of significance. For that matter, its almost certainly too late to change horses this late in the race anyway.

We can certainly expect a scorched earth approach with a RAbbott gubmunt, most probably even more so than General Disaster has inflicted on Queensland. In both cases, ALP gubmunts responsible for re-writing the textbook on ineptitude need to be brought to task, however having witnessed the consequences of awarding a humungous majority to a dictatorship trinity & simultaneously obliterating the opposition, I'm very very wary of seeing history repeated. We still have three months til the big day so I don't see any immediate need to set things in concrete. That said, I can't at this point in time imagine any situation whereby both the ALP and he LNP will rank anywhere but the very bottom of my ballot paper.
Posted by praxidice, Saturday, 1 June 2013 8:32:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If Newman is a prototype for federal that will be a massive improvement.

The only thing wrong with Newman was that he did not go nearly far enough with clearing out the bureaucrats. He needs to triple what he has done so far.

Can Abbott be trusted? Probably as much as you could trust anyone.

What suggests that Palmer is a pillar of honesty. From what I saw of his disillusionment with the Libs, it was not getting special person status, & having his resort plans given ministerial approval that upset him.

Now that hardly sounds like a paragon of virtue to me.

Yes most of his ideas sound good to me, but I doubt he would be very welcoming of compromise no matter how necessary. He could be a total disaster.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 1 June 2013 11:15:43 AM
OMG Haz, you really ARE suggesting that we should vote for Abbott!!

OMPH! (Ohhh, my POOOR head!)

I reckon the red-headed witch, er…. I mean; the lovely Julia, is a better bet (albeit 99.8% rotten compared to Abbott's 99.9%!).

As chronic as she and her mob are, they still look decidedly better than the other mob (you could argue that 0.2% good is twice as good as 0.1%!).

Come on, Abbott not only inspires no confidence whatsoever in anything, but he constantly portrays an image of the LAST person in the universe that should ever become our PM!
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 1 June 2013 11:36:08 AM
Hasbeen

Newman might be an improvement on the red-headed witch (or GoAnna the Blight), but that wouldn't be a particularly difficult thing now would it ?? An awful lot of Queenslanders who voted for the clown are now wondering why they did. Unemployment is in orbit, business confidence is even lower than it was under GoAnna the Blight, costs are rocketing exponentially, his litany of lies is rapidly catching up with the red-headed witch, and there is no end of the madness in sight. Sure he didn't do a decent job on the horribly bloated public sector, but its hardly the sheeples fault that it was primarily the lower level types (who did most of what precious little work was performed) were dispensed with, retaining the ridiculously overpaid but totally non-productive management layers. Even more crazy, now Newman / Seeney / Nicholls are copping flack from the very people who should have been top of the list for termination. Duh !!

Re Big Clive, is 'could be a total disaster' as bad as 'is beyond any shadow of doubt a total disaster' ?? I suggest there can't be much doubt about applicability of the latter to GoAnna the Blight, the red-headed witch, the aptly named 'General Disaster' & the RAbbott
Posted by praxidice, Saturday, 1 June 2013 11:55:00 AM
Luddy I reckon you're think through your stamen there. Come out of the green house & look again.

About the only thing I could think of worse than our Julia would be the Green harpies from Tasmania. There is so much hate behind those eyes I'm surprised they survive.

Apart from that we know we have a really nasty hate filled bitch, & a proven liar of massive proportion. It is even reasonable to believe, from her record, she prefers lies & cunning, to truth & honesty.

Add to this her total incompetency & the labor technique of trying to buy votes, rather than use decent policy, & there is absolutely no recommendation to vote for her.

On the other hand, we have a bloke who was once heard say global warming is cr4p. That alone is enough reason to vote for him.

Then we find he is into volunteer work in many areas. Can't be all bad. Can you imagine the red #ich doing anything where there was no quid in it for her.

I think you had better turn the temperature down in your hot house old mate, & stay out of it until after the election, I'm worried you've been overheating the grey matter.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 1 June 2013 11:58:51 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. 18