The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'No one can save Julia Gillard'

'No one can save Julia Gillard'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/no-hope-for-julia-gillard-says-obama-saviour-harper-reed/story-e6freon6-1226651698371

SOME credit him with turning Barack Obama's political fortunes around to secure the presidency last year, but social media supremo Harper Reed says even he can't save Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

In Sydney to address the CeBIT technology conference along with opening speaker Ms Gillard yesterday, the former hacker turned political force said the ALP's electoral prospects were "really sad".

"From what I can see there is no hope," he told The Daily Telegraph.

"It's just everyone has the same opinion, even her own supporters."

Mr Reed, 34, was appointed chief technical officer for the Obama 2012 campaign where his team of more than 100 used social media to drive Democrat support, through small donations, Twitter and even a Facebook app that urged supporters in swing states to talk their friends into voting.

However Mr Reed, who raised three times more money for Obama than the Republicans managed and gathered 22.7 million Twitter followers to Mitt Romney's 1.8 million, said such measures would not be enough for the poll-challenged Gillard government.

The ALP should re-engage with its currently disenchanted true believers.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 12:42:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is my view this and your other effort are not worth the effort.
But do show an ability to write Children's fiction.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:00:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
only 3 months to go!
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:02:06 PM
Funnily enough for someone with a near pathological aversion to party politics, I'm certain its not impossible to save the red-headed witch and even the dying duck & the wong wun from themselves. Imagine if the clowns suddenly admitted they have f**ed up big time, accepted total responsibility, promised faithfully to make amends by listening to the sheeple hereafter, and demonstrated their bonafides by ensuring no federal ALP politician draws a salary or perk for the full term of the next gubmunt or until the economy is back in the black. Yes Martha, that was a flock of pigs flapping their way across the sky. Actually it wouldn't take anything so extreme, simply admitting their utter ineptitude would count for a lot, but given the thickness of political skin (not to say their skulls), even that is pie in the sky.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:05:25 PM
Belly - It is my view this and your other effort are not worth the effort. But do show an ability to write Children's fiction.

Ahh Belly, as one of the steadily dwindling faithful, I expected you would embrace any possible straw that might possibly restore the fortunes of your beloved party. By the way, in case you haven't realised, I didn't write the article but merely lifted it from the Courier Mail website a little while ago. Like you say, the likelihood of the red-headed witch getting up is a fairy story but remember her plight, and that of her equally inept cronies, is is purely of their own doing. I've even suggested as much to the dying ducks face but the idiot keeps crapping on about how much he could earn in private enterprise. Pity nobody would even consider giving him a job !!
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:22:09 PM
Belly - Quote "It is my view this and your other effort are not worth the effort. But do show an ability to write Children's fiction."

Your usual diatribe rather than have an intelligent discussion you try sarcasm (which is the lowest form of wit).

If you can't say something sensible try just saying nothing.

You remind me of the cowardly heckler in a theater.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:50:49 PM
Perhaps Bill Gates can. Today he suggested we borrow more money for foreign aid. They are borrowing money on our behalf to give it away.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 6:35:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
He's wrong it'll win, you wait and see.
There are too many parasites voting themselves a free ride under its government. No way they're going to get off the gravy train. Just because they tell you it's a disgrace and all the other names it has means nothing. They'll vote it back in and then deny it.

Australia is doomed!
Posted by RawMustard, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 6:48:30 PM
Philip S - Your usual diatribe rather than have an intelligent discussion you try sarcasm (which is the lowest form of wit).

Don't be too hard on her, she is one of the one-eyed ALP faithful after all. I've also attempted to communicate on adult terms with the dying duck when I've encountered the idiot in person, invariably I've come away wondering how such a mental giant finds his way out of bed. Is it any wonder the country is going down the gurgler when we are not only lumbered with imbeciles in positions of power but also a supporting act that has yet to figure what way is up.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 7:12:04 PM
I didn't know Belly was female. Perhaps she should change her name to Bellicose.ie beligerent and argumentative.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 7:19:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay - I didn't know Belly was female. Perhaps she should change her name to Bellicose.ie beligerent and argumentative

Actually its only a guess on my part, I have difficulty imagining any male being so impossibly obtuse
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 9:03:25 PM
Sorry prax, I just can not muster any respect for your posting style.
The insults is what urns me.
And if you had as much awareness as you claim?
You would know the installation of Gillard, her actions, and those of her sycophants turn me off just as surely as she does you.
Having used a constructive method, not screaming , to complain about my party and demand reform?
Rather weakens your thought I am an immovable unthinking supporter.
Not to worry it seems in your recent threads lack of true understanding may be your way out.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 5:26:34 AM
praxidice, Belly has always claimed to be male. I've never seen a reason to doubt that nor do I think there is reason to think females have any monopoly on obtuseness.

I do wish there would come a point when pollies try truth but they mostly seem unaware of the concept. The rarity of a political leader acknowledging that they thought they had what it takes to lead a country, state, portfolio and have found otherwise and then standing down is testiment to that. Not an occupation that seems to draw the honest or thoughtful. Rather those driven by bullet point agendas and self serving.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 5:30:08 AM
Belly has changed in recent times, as the old belly would debate with you, whereas now, if challenged, he simply runs away.

The really sad part about Belly is that despite his dislike of Gillatd, and his calls for party reform, he is stil likely to vote for labor, and then hope and prey they will change, yet The only way for labor to change is for their supporters to withdraw their support.

But what would I know, I'm just the il informed one.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 6:54:01 AM
Robert - Not an occupation that seems to draw the honest or thoughtful.

Way back before the political circus was overrun by lawyers, there appeared to be some vague semblance of decency. As you say, honesty in politics is a rare commodity these days. I do believe we'd be a lot better off banning the lawyer element completely, as many of the worst have a legal background. Add the priesthood & we see disasters like Slippery Pete & the RAbbott. Ultimately the 'power corrupts', 'positions of power attract the corruptible' & 'some pigs are more equal' factors must be the keys, If perchance we could establish really robust checks & balances before giving **ANYONE** authority, we'd have a good chance of keeping the lid on corruption. As always, apathy of the sheeple renders any real change near impossible.

As for Belly, I've certainly never encountered such totally scrambled thinking in a male, but them most of my associates have had something of a real world background. I've generally managed to avoid the queer sympathizer / unionist / do-gooder fraternity so typical of ALP & Greens faithful. Its not that I have much respect for LNP logic but I've always thought avarice more straightforward than the blatant hypocrisy on the other side of the fence.
Posted by praxidice, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 6:54:44 AM
rehctub - The really sad part about Belly is that despite his dislike of Gillatd, and his calls for party reform, he is stil likely to vote for labor, and then hope and prey they will change, yet The only way for labor to change is for their supporters to withdraw their support.

Its long been accepted in male circles that females are strange cattle, but much the same also applies to ALP & Greens faithful. For what its worth, I really do believe it would be possible to saver the day for the ALP. The RAbbott is almost equally on the nose as the red-headed witch and even the polls aren't impossibly damning for the ALP. Given the time remaining, one would logically think the clowns would be grabbing at straws instead of racing headlong to disaster like so many lemmings. Make no mistake, I have even less time for the red-headed witch, the dying duck and the wong wun than I do the RAbbott, Hockey & Turnbull (and thats negative). It just strikes me as extraordinarily weird that the supposedly faithful members of an entity facing certain annihilation refuse to face up to its faults before the axe falls. 'Thick in the head' is the only thought that comes to mind.
Posted by praxidice, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 7:11:22 AM
Arjay, I can definitely affirm that Belly is male, as I have seen his
photograph. Indeed I think I may have seen him in real life last
February, but I did not realise it until it was too late to say hello.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 9:40:05 AM
My understanding is that post election Julie is seeking Kevin Rudd's seat in the United Nations.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 9:58:35 AM
chrisgaff1000 - My understanding is that post election Julie is seeking Kevin Rudd's seat in the United Nations

Presumably you mean JooLIAR AKA the red-headed witch ?? I sincerely hope your are mistaken although it would be exactly the kind of low act typical of that creature. Should it eventuate, we'll need to have selected a gubmunt with the smarts to bail out of every United Nations agreement the witch saddled us with. Just imagine having got rid of the Medusa it returns to haunt us again !! Perish the thought.
Posted by praxidice, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 1:04:35 PM
Praxidice>> Imagine if the clowns suddenly admitted they have f**ed up big time, accepted total responsibility, promised faithfully to make amends by listening to the sheeple hereafter<<

Praxi, that is what I thought she said in the 2010 election...or words to that effect such as "smash the people smugglers model" and other half admissions couched in "we have learnt our lesson" jargon.
Posted by sonofgloin, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 3:21:22 PM
sonofgloin - that is what I thought she said in the 2010 election...or words to that effect such as "smash the people smugglers model" and other half admissions couched in "we have learnt our lesson" jargon.

Yeah I think you are right, I'd forgotten that far back :( Seems red-headed witches never learn. That said, if the numbskulled clowns in caucus had half a clue, they would have given the witch, the dying duck & the wong wun their marching orders years ago. Oh wait, the caucus mob are a tribe of senile old fuddy duddies who lost their marbles after the great flood ..... hmmmmm

I guess any intelligent life, if there is such in the ALP, could always move over to the DLP. There is at least one sentient lifeform there if the story in todays Sydney Morning Herald is any indication.
Posted by praxidice, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 3:35:56 PM
Juliar did "smash the people smugglers model" only trouble is it went from relatively efficient to now highly efficient approx 3,000 per month.

Don't worry Juliar I am sure there are enough fools left in Altona to have you retain your seat not sure about the rest of the country.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 7:19:35 PM
I suspect only a few hours to go before we see Julia stabbed in the back.
Posted by ozzie, Monday, 10 June 2013 9:26:16 AM
ozzie - I suspect only a few hours to go before we see Julia stabbed in the back.

I've been hearing that from reasonably reliable sources for a few weeks, seems the witch manages to hang on despite being almost universally despised. Whether or not a change of leadership is sufficient to save the day is another question although I'd dearly love to see the wind taken out of the RAbbotts sails. As always, my sincere hope is for both of them to get a serious slap in the face come September. Dunno why the Greens can't see an opportunity here.
Posted by praxidice, Monday, 10 June 2013 10:14:35 AM
Philip S - Juliar did "smash the people smugglers model" only trouble is it went from relatively efficient to now highly efficient approx 3,000 per month

Very well said, not that the RAbbott is any more enlightened
Posted by praxidice, Monday, 10 June 2013 10:16:52 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy