The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 'No one can save Julia Gillard'

'No one can save Julia Gillard'

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/no-hope-for-julia-gillard-says-obama-saviour-harper-reed/story-e6freon6-1226651698371

SOME credit him with turning Barack Obama's political fortunes around to secure the presidency last year, but social media supremo Harper Reed says even he can't save Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

In Sydney to address the CeBIT technology conference along with opening speaker Ms Gillard yesterday, the former hacker turned political force said the ALP's electoral prospects were "really sad".

"From what I can see there is no hope," he told The Daily Telegraph.

"It's just everyone has the same opinion, even her own supporters."

Mr Reed, 34, was appointed chief technical officer for the Obama 2012 campaign where his team of more than 100 used social media to drive Democrat support, through small donations, Twitter and even a Facebook app that urged supporters in swing states to talk their friends into voting.

However Mr Reed, who raised three times more money for Obama than the Republicans managed and gathered 22.7 million Twitter followers to Mitt Romney's 1.8 million, said such measures would not be enough for the poll-challenged Gillard government.

The ALP should re-engage with its currently disenchanted true believers.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 12:42:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is my view this and your other effort are not worth the effort.
But do show an ability to write Children's fiction.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:00:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
only 3 months to go!
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:02:06 PM
Funnily enough for someone with a near pathological aversion to party politics, I'm certain its not impossible to save the red-headed witch and even the dying duck & the wong wun from themselves. Imagine if the clowns suddenly admitted they have f**ed up big time, accepted total responsibility, promised faithfully to make amends by listening to the sheeple hereafter, and demonstrated their bonafides by ensuring no federal ALP politician draws a salary or perk for the full term of the next gubmunt or until the economy is back in the black. Yes Martha, that was a flock of pigs flapping their way across the sky. Actually it wouldn't take anything so extreme, simply admitting their utter ineptitude would count for a lot, but given the thickness of political skin (not to say their skulls), even that is pie in the sky.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:05:25 PM
Belly - It is my view this and your other effort are not worth the effort. But do show an ability to write Children's fiction.

Ahh Belly, as one of the steadily dwindling faithful, I expected you would embrace any possible straw that might possibly restore the fortunes of your beloved party. By the way, in case you haven't realised, I didn't write the article but merely lifted it from the Courier Mail website a little while ago. Like you say, the likelihood of the red-headed witch getting up is a fairy story but remember her plight, and that of her equally inept cronies, is is purely of their own doing. I've even suggested as much to the dying ducks face but the idiot keeps crapping on about how much he could earn in private enterprise. Pity nobody would even consider giving him a job !!
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:22:09 PM
Belly - Quote "It is my view this and your other effort are not worth the effort. But do show an ability to write Children's fiction."

Your usual diatribe rather than have an intelligent discussion you try sarcasm (which is the lowest form of wit).

If you can't say something sensible try just saying nothing.

You remind me of the cowardly heckler in a theater.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 3:50:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy