The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Warning - derelict economy ahead

Warning - derelict economy ahead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Bazz - The real heman thing to do would be to load them on a Hercules fly to a remote airport in their country and push them out the back and take off without even stopping engines.

:) :) :) However I could just imagine the screams from the lunatic do-gooder element
Posted by praxidice, Saturday, 1 June 2013 4:48:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am convinced that at least some of the answer is to effect Indonesia in a financial way if they don't stop the boats leaving their shores.

Furthermore, if we do intercept these boats, offload the passengers on to special purpose ferries, lock up the crews, burn the boats and return the passengers to Indonesia where they came from.

If they (ind) don't like that, then they have to stop the boats leaving.

I say again, stop the aid and they will sit up and take notice.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 2 June 2013 6:38:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub - I am convinced that at least some of the answer is to effect Indonesia in a financial way if they don't stop the boats leaving their shores.

One has to wonder why neither the red-headed witch or the RAbbott haven't seized on that. We've given the indonesians billions in financial aid & given its easily the most corrupt regime on the planet, we are undoubtedly paying for weapons & handouts to the fatcats rather than improving the lot of the peasants. I wonder what would be the implications of no passports as noted by Bazz, logically one would think the indonesians have to accept people who came from there, but in view of the rampant corruption endemic to all levels of indonesian culture, I can envisage the necessity for a big stick approach. Note also that Australia is already in the firing line of islamics we've offended by sticking our nose into their affairs in both Iraq & Afghanistan, we'd need some pretty smart military folk (not moronic politicians) to get their heads around the pros & cons of stirring up another hornets nest.
Posted by praxidice, Sunday, 2 June 2013 9:03:42 AM
I think the time of Neville Chamberlain is over as far as worrying
about Islamists. It is simple, the boats are Indonesian.
There is no other point to be argued.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 2 June 2013 10:55:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy