The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Warning - derelict economy ahead

Warning - derelict economy ahead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
chrisgaff1000

Not another of the blue-uniformed fraternity ... this place is turning into a police state !!

I don't know how any sentient being could argue against a looming financial crash of grand proportions, the GFC was merely a warning of a much more basic problem that the financial world is not prepared to acknowledge. Whilst I think Bazz is sort of reading from the same hymn book, I don't perceive a humungous reckoning as necessarily something negative, in fact it could well be the most beneficial event to occur in centuries. Lack of money will effectively spell the end for banksters, politicians, lawyers, insurance companies, public companies, boat people & the myriad of other snouts currently preying off workers & retirees. My main concern is exactly what happens to snouts when money ceases to exist. Given that none of them has a clue in the world about earning an honest income, can we expect a resurgence of highway robbery ?? If so, can we reasonably expect the armed services and / or the constabulary to continue to provide a public service if they aren't getting paid (at least not in money) ?? My thoughts are that they will probably also turn to highway robbery, except possibly some of those with trade or whatever skills that are tradeable for food & so on.
Posted by praxidice, Thursday, 30 May 2013 3:37:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Bazz, no, Fraking has not been used on my land, and yes, it is my understanding that it is mainly used on shale oil gas, although I do believe it is used in CSG at times.

Banjo, it's very easy to give away money, when YOU PERONALLY don't have to budget from day to day like an increasing number of Australians do today, because if your OWN WORLD is cosy, like that of Julia's,and Bill's, then personal financial stress is one thing you are unfamiliar with.

This is why the likes of Bill Gates does not hesitate to ask, and Julia doesn't hesitate to offer, as neither of them have the often overwhelming task of making ends meet, which is becoming a national problem for many today.

In other words, they are quite simply OUT OF TOUCH.

It also may explain why JG can't see a problem with our debt, saying it's SO LOW, and we are far better off than most, but which ever way you look at it, $300 billion is still $300 billion and is unlikely to be repaid in my working life. The result being that some of my retirement income will be forfeited to repay debt, debt that I PROUDLY had nothing to do with as unlike many, I SAW THE LIGHT.

I also see that Tony Abbott has withdrawn his support for the pollies PORK BARRELING election fund.

The amusing part is that Julia has the nerve to acuse him of being UN trustworthy boy, is that the pot calling the kettle black!

As for our looming energy cricis, why on earth domt we provide our people with affordable energy (CSG) and export what's left.

There is no better way to stimulate an economy, than to give people additional spending money.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 30 May 2013 6:22:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub - As for our looming energy cricis, why on earth domt we provide our people with affordable energy (CSG) and export what's left.

I take it you don't perceive any significant issues with CSG ?? There are plenty of horror stories, in your opinion are they baseless ?? Its not a personal worry because its inconceivable we'll see any activity in my area however in my travels I've noticed a lot of angst from people in Darling Downs and northern NSW areas. One has to wonder if the fact of so much opposition doesn't equate to at least some justification.
Posted by praxidice, Thursday, 30 May 2013 6:42:00 PM
praxidice, I'm not opposed to the CSG industry, although I am opposed to mining prime ag land, against the will of the farmers.

The reality is that unless you have inherited your farm, you are pushing it up hill to make a quid, so my guess is those who are opposed are the lucky ones.

As for the industry, what do you propose is the alternative, as we need energy and renewables are stil by in large, a pipe dream.

Just in the serat basin alone, there is at least $100 billion to be spent in the next ten years.
This will financially drought proof this area.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 30 May 2013 9:09:02 PM
rehctub - As for the industry, what do you propose is the alternative, as we need energy and renewables are stil by in large, a pipe dream

I'd prefer to maximize the use of solar where possible as its cleaner than any fossil fuel. Transport fuel is a worry, whilst battery electric vehicles would be ideal in cities, range is still a concern out of town. The Project Better Place exchange battery concept looked OK until it went broke. I guess the petrol-head mentality won't really die until fuel price goes into orbit although I'd gladly switch to a battery-electric car if only one was available at a halfway sensible price. I've been looking at the Mitsubishi MiEV (80k range is inadequate) & Nissan Leaf (150k range not quite enough). I've also driven the Renault Fluence ZE (very very impressive but they are in limbo til Renault figure how to deal with batteries that were to be leased by the Better Place mob).'Fuel cost' (zero) is a major attraction for me as I have more than adequate solar power in several locations. Not subsidizing middle-east terrorism is another big plus.
Posted by praxidice, Thursday, 30 May 2013 10:06:08 PM
I think that while the shale gas and shale oil keeps going in the US
it will cause a reduction of US demand on world oil supplies.
This will help to stop price rises for a while but fairly soon the
shale will not be able to keep up with the decline in the older oil wells.
So far the calculations are predicting decline in shale production to
start in the next year or two. Shale has given us an extra few years
to do something about it all, but despite being told by our own govt
depts the politicians have just relaxed and thought it is after the
next election.

I had a drive of the Nissan Leaf and it is really good and would suit
exactly, but the price at $50000 is just stupid.
BTW Prax, I heard that the last iMev were disposed of for $20,000.
Imports only on request now at the old price.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 31 May 2013 11:57:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy