The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Warning - derelict economy ahead

Warning - derelict economy ahead

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Philip S - That NDIS is a un-thought out scheme and future black hole

Blind Freddie has no difficulty seeing that, so why are bloodsucking parasites of whatever colour falling across each other in the rush to implement something that hasn't had a hint of due diligence done ?? My guess is that the strings are being pulled elsewhere, most probably by the same United Nations muppets who saddled us with Agenda 21, the Lima Agreement, the Brigalow Scheme, political correctness, boat people, gay rights, the Human Rights Act (that conveniently excludes white Australians) and other utterly moronic ideas.
Posted by praxidice, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 4:05:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When you have a government that values the passing of legislation, as more important than implementation, combined with mindless spending with little or no result, this is the consequence of such incompetence.

Unfortunatey, there were too few of us who realized where we were headed, back in 2010 and now, even though a fair number of those poor lost soles that didn't see the light then, can now, i am fearful it is going to be too late.

All I can say to those who still think labor have dome a great job, just remember where we were in 06, and where we are today, and this disgraceful situation has happened during a huge mining boom.

All they seem to care about are percentages, of debt to GDP, but $300 billion is still $300 billion and I doubt we can ever pay it back.

As for CSG, I have an involvement in the industry, as I have a few wells on my land.

This is one industry where the goal posts are constantly being shifted and may well see this too as an unviable industry.

Some people just need to understand, that for every action, there is a reaction, but they just don't get it!
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 28 May 2013 5:15:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I didn't expect you would get much reaction from the labor lovers praxidice, as even they must be questioning our position.

I think the withdrawal of the likes of Ford will have a huge negative effect on confidence, as this type of Industry is the back bone of manufacturing and closures like this could well spread like a cancer throughout the sector.

Not only that, but it will instal unrest in any sector that competes with imports, such as this sector does and the nock on effects will hurt badly.

The sad part is that some of us saw this coming, but the reality is that we are now all going to have to pay for the mess created, and not only will we all pay, but we will most likely have to do so without the huge injection from mining that we have all become accustomed to.

Meanwhile, those who have caused this mess, will be sitting there on their tax payer funded pensions, living it up, while we soldier on awaiting the next introduction of an imcompitent labor government, all in the name of change.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 6:34:53 AM
rehctub - I didn't expect you would get much reaction from the labor lovers

There is no doubt the ALP (together with their Greens appendage) has been exceptionally fortunate in times past in that the global economy has, for the most part, been reasonably forgiving of ineptitude. These days its a whole new ball game, one in which no political party is exactly going to have a field day & least of all the ALP while they stick with certifiable lunatics like the red-headed witch and the dying duck. Judging from the demented ramblings of RAbbott & friends, its quite clear the LNP doesn't have significantly more nous either.

The local motor industry has been a dead man walking for years. Without massive exports it could never survive. Whilst the ALP union faction would understandably demand ridiculous & unsustainable support, one would think the LNP rabble could at least do the sums necessary to write the industry off as a lost cause. Maybe if we had treasurers with at least a fleeting knowledge of accountancy rather than moronic failed lecturers or failed lawyers ......

I notice that Big Clive has at least some clues about sustainable businesses, particularly onshore processing of minerals that currently get shipped to Japan and elsewhere, then back here. Why pray tell haven't the major party 'fact finding' junkets discovered this business ?? As for those who decry mining interests belong Big Clive, I suggest that the ostensibly 'environmentally responsible' ALP / Greens alliance hasn't exactly done a lot to stop CSG environmental vandalism.
Posted by praxidice, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 7:35:04 AM
Rehctub, have they had to do any fracking on your land ?
I understand it is not always used in coal seams whereas in shale oil
and gas it is always used.

The rising cost of energy is ultimately the cause of our economic problems.
The Energy Return on Energy Invested (ERoEI) will inevitably fall.
The effects have been buffered to some extent by shale oil & gas but
the peak of their production in the US is very soon.
Already the large Bakken field is showing signs of peaking and by next
year it should be certain.

Have a read of this article by Gail Tvberg.

http://theenergycollective.com/gail-tverberg/229121/oil-limits-and-climate-change

Weather, oil, coal, energy, the economy, it is all becoming ground
up together.
Our problem is to get the politicians to realise how all interconnected it all is.
Global warming is becoming much less important and as Gail Tvberg
notes the IPCC also is not aware of what is happening with energy.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 9:18:57 AM
praxidice,
I have been waiting to see if someone posted an article about further expenditure outside the budget.

Bill Gates visited and The PM promised another $80 million, not budgeted for, in foreign aid, no problem?

Then both major parties agreed to pass legislation for a massive increase on electoral funding, from $2.40 per primary vote to $3.40 per primary vote. That is an utter disgrace!

I thought these issues would be right up your alley.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 29 May 2013 9:37:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy