The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Cost of NDIS

Cost of NDIS

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Thank you for the correction, it's good to see some people are on the ball unlike our pollies who keep dropping it. Too slippery I suppose.
I shall withdraw Kaiser and replace him with all the others with their noses in the trough. Apparently there re too many to name.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Thursday, 9 May 2013 11:26:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
it has always amazed me how pollies luv to appear the compassionate loving ones when they are spending other peoples money. How nice it was to give all the handouts from the carbon (deceit) tax before collecting it. If Labour had not wasted billions on idiotic gw fantasy every child with a mild disability could be a lot better off.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 May 2013 11:27:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was rereading an interview with a disabled person last night. If what he is expecting comes to pass, I want to know where I can go to become disabled.

Currently he shares public housing with a couple of other disabled, with cares supplied to aid where necessary, cook, clean & do all the chores I hate. Mowing maintenance & replacements are all free of course.

He attends university 3 days a week, & complains that the taxi fares are only partly subsidized, poor dear. As he doesn't expect his education to enable him to become independent, & self supporting, why are we paying for it, & preventing the access of someone who would use it.

He expects the NDIS will mean he gets a home of his own, exclusively, with his own full time, & part time careers. He also expects to be provided with a car, modified to allow him to drive it.

He expects a new wheel chair. His old $15,000 one is 5 years old, & doesn't have a couple of the latest knickknacks. This & a host of other special gear to make his life more enjoyable.

All up he expects a capital investment in his welfare of about $750,000, recurrent annual equipment costs of about $70,000, & annual wages bill of $250,000.

Now I do believe a disabled person should be supported to the standard on a low/medium income earner, but being given that which most work their whole lives to attain is ridicules.

No wonder the country is going broke.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 9 May 2013 11:43:25 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

Come on mate, this is the internet.

A link or it didn't happen.
Posted by csteele, Thursday, 9 May 2013 11:58:33 AM
While I welcome the author, and can assure him/her the thread will draw the red necks, I disagree with its direction.
Covered by this extraordinary great plan, supported by both sides of the house are folk truly in need.
The young, living in the only place they currently can, old peoples homes.
I would have thought caring for those far less fortunate than us is a good thing to do.
And the method agreed to by both sides to pay for it seems fair.
Having said all that, I understand Labor under Dillard is lost, but some things thrown at her and Labor have no more substance than that sandwich yesterday.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 9 May 2013 2:09:46 PM
Belly - Quote "the thread will draw the red necks, I disagree with its direction."

Definition of a red neck according to the Belly dictionary - Anyone who does not agree with him. see hypocrite.

If implemented the scheme should be carefully worded to ensure extravagant claims and items are not included, like $28,000 wheel chairs or fully renovated homes etc.

I also see a system administered by thousands of public servants and extremely high paid bureaucrats, as stated by the author.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 9 May 2013 2:25:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy