The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Apostasy in Islam

Apostasy in Islam

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
Boaz,

I thought prophet Mohammed (pbuh) accepted from a christian man who conevreted to Islam to turn back to his faith after being discriminated against. So here is a precendent re apostasy.
Just to let you know, your fellow christians in Egypt lock away apostates in churches for weeks if they dare to convert to Islam. But of course you knew that:)

On another serious matter, I was unable to understand how can Jesus be the son of virgin mary and the son of david at the same time. He can be the messiah according to the NT OR the OT so which one is it. I know its an OT / NT conflict but would like to understand.
PS: i am watching intellectual dishonesty...
Posted by Fellow_Human, Sunday, 6 May 2007 12:16:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
F.H.

"Son of David"...in fact "Son of".... means of the line of.

"Son of Man"..............Technical term from the OT for Messiah.(Daniel)
Son of David..............Any decendant of David.
Son of Mary...............Mary's son
Son of God................All of the above.

I don't know of that locking away mate in Egypt, but I'll accept your word that it does occur. Perhaps there are reasons for this, which are freely observable on Youtube.
I cannot condone it. If a person wishes to choose hell over heaven, its on themselves. The saddest thing though is that 'Hell' is well camoflaged and decorated, and often comes in the form of an attractive women, where the price of 'getting' her is conversion.
I don't speak from ignorance there.. my own family is effected by this.(In Malaysia)

Perhaps that is one reason I am rather 'enthusiastic' about opposing Islam at the ideological level? In the mean time, I respect your freedom to choose, but you must also respect my freedom to criticize. (a freedom which you also enjoy)
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 6 May 2007 5:05:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz,

I couldn't have guessed that a family member of your reverted to Islam. That explains your motivation although does not justify the approach or the ethics. 'chosing hell over heaven'is very relative.

I had a friend at school who reverted to islam, I don't want to tell you what happened to him on the hands of your 'brothers in faith'. I can only say we kept hiding him every week in a new place until he graduated from school and changed his name. Its tribalism Boaz and religion have nothing to do with it. Rwanda is a good example.

Re the Jesus question: How is Jesus related to David?
Posted by Fellow_Human, Sunday, 6 May 2007 10:41:48 PM
This is how Jesus is descended from David (Matthew 1:2-17).

"To Abraham was born Isaac, to Isaac Jacob, to Jacob Judah and his brothers;
To Judah Perez and Serah by Tamar, to Perez Hezron, to Hezron Aram,
To Aram Aminabad, to Aminabad Nahshon, to Nahshon Salmon,
To Salmon Boaz by Rahab, to Boaz Ovid by Ruth, to Ovid Jesse;
To Jesse David, the King, to David Solomon, by his wife of Uriah,
To Solomon Rehoboam, to Rehoboam Avija, to Avija Asa;
To Asa Jehoshaphat, to Jehoshaphat Joram, to Joram Uzziah;
To Uzziah Jotham, to Jotham Ahoz, to Ahoz Hezekiah;
To Hezekiah Manasheh, to Manasheh Amon, to Amon Josiah,
To Josiah Jechoniah and his brothers, at the time of the Babylonian exile.

And after the Babylonian exile, to Jechoniah Shealtiel, to Shealtiel Zerubbabel;
To Zerubbabel Avihud, to Avihud Aliakim to Aliakim Azor;
To Azor Zadok, to Zadok Achim, to Achim Eliud;
To Eliud Eleazar, to Eleazar Mathan, to Mathan Jacob;
To Jacob Joseph, husband of Mary, the Mary to whom was born Jesus, who is called the Anointed One.

Thus accordingly all the generations from Abraham to David [were] fourteen generations, and from David to the Babylonian exile [were] fourteen generations and from the exile to [Jesus] Christ [were also] fourteen generations."
Posted by Michele840, Friday, 15 June 2007 5:54:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy