The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Horse Racing - The Sport of King's or the business of Rogues ?

Horse Racing - The Sport of King's or the business of Rogues ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
david f

walk around with your eyes shut. Observation was always something real science valued. You obviously don't. Keep your head in the sand.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 May 2013 10:38:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner,

Keep your head in the sand, and you'll never grow hungry because of the sandwiches there. Keep believing in biblical fables, and you'll never think because of the nonsense which is there.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 9 May 2013 11:00:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a copper, back in the Underbelly days I used to have a few 'free drinks' in a pub near Randwick racecourse. I could always get a winner or two there as well. I wonder if things have changed? I'd like one now.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Thursday, 9 May 2013 11:21:57 AM
Dear runner,

One of the greatest of scientific observers was Charles Darwin. He also made great sense out of what he observed. Observation is only part of science. Data is the raw material of science. One must go on from there to make sense out of the data.

I also value observation and go out on occasional field trips with the Queensland Mycological Society to observe the local fungi.

What in nature do you observe?
Posted by david f, Thursday, 9 May 2013 11:41:06 AM
The data-information-knowledge-wisdom hierachy has as its antithesis, absence of data, misinformation, ignorance then folly...

which might explain anyone who thinks that horse racing is a sport when it is merely nothing more than the excuse for horse betting.

Mind you, maybe someone didn't understand (or spell) correctly when they heard that people can profit from a gambol on a horse?
Posted by WmTrevor, Thursday, 9 May 2013 12:03:48 PM
david f

'What in nature do you observe? '

the total lack of humility and pigheadedness of pseudo scientist who can't find one fossil backing their absurd fantasies despite millions being spent on in doing so.

The redefinition of a human being used by scientist (as did the nazis) in order to justify murdering babies. They refuse to look in a microscope.

the fantasies from pizza dreams in the explanation of something coming from nothing. (obviously to are blind to the simple fact that creation requires a Creator).

cheers
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 May 2013 12:15:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy