The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > VIETNAM 1974 ?

VIETNAM 1974 ?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I have heard from a few of my husbands work mates that he did 6 weeks basic training and then was in Vietnam for 8 weeks until Whitlam pulled them out. This happened in late 1974. I know the war was still raging at that time but I can find no mention of Australians from 3rd Cavalry Regiment being in Vietnam at that time, his army service record also does not show he went overseas. I am asking this question beacuse he also mentioned this to someone he had never met at a bbq on the 7th April 2007 and seemed very down when they were talking. I did not hear about this conversation until after my husband's death on the 10th April 2007. My husband was 51 and was 18 when he enlisted. Can anyone help me with information? Any snippet of info is appreciated.

Thanks
Callie
Posted by CALLIE, Friday, 27 April 2007 8:42:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Callie, that is one of the Leftoids Myths that Whitlam pulled the troops out of Vietnam, well it is an absurdity and a lie actually.

Here is a take on Whitlam and his Mobster regime, the dates you mention Australian Soldier contingents were only training and observation positions and not combat rolls at that point.
Whitlam was sending money Ammunition and supplies to “The Vietnamese Communist” and not Australian resupply for Military contingent.

It would be worth mentioning that the Labour party was hosting large numbers of conferences with Nth Vietnamese contingents in Australia also; “See Jim Cairns”

And it would also be very important to note that Whitlam was desperately apposed to Vietnam Refugees seeking refuge status in Australia.

Here is the rub, because they were refugees fleeing Communist dictatorship, and not comrades sympathetic to Marxoid theology.

People should be asking questions why they do not know many things other than the peddled propaganda, and it is very easy to find out.

Australia’s Combat roll in Vietnam was concluded under...................? Three years before the Political decimation period of The Gough toxin; - surprised?
Whitlam and his Proletariat propaganderists had noting to do with ending Australia's combat contingent.

That is as a bigger myth as his Sacking, Their Criminal regime was up when money supply was blocked by the Senate, but like all good Communist dictators, he did not want to go, and of course, he had the Australian Defence forces “OFF SIDE". And when the Constitutional Election was called, he was voted out of office.

Try Defence Central records office St Kilder Vic I think, they may put some light on you enquiries.
Posted by All-, Sunday, 29 April 2007 11:17:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Callie,

Have you checked out the 3rd Cavalary Regiment Vietnam Association?:

http://3cav.org.au/

or

http://members.tripod.com/~sitrep1/cav02a.htm

I'm sure the Association would be able to help
Posted by Peppy, Sunday, 29 April 2007 1:00:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALL,

I'm not a Leftie but I think you've been incredible rude. The Lady is asking for information on her dead husband not a political lecture.
Posted by Peppy, Sunday, 29 April 2007 1:02:09 PM
Sorry Peppy, it was not a political lecture, just some facts, and it would help a lot of others who suffered the trauma of lost sons and husbands to understand some things that transpired back in those times.
Political is not away of explaining it.

C.A.R.O St Kilda Vic would have his total service record; it would be more than probable he was posted as a contingent attaché, and not as a regimental deployment.

You would also need to consider there was a period of four to six months that Whitlam withdrew funding from the Army and Air force that in effect, sacked them- so there will be a big hole in the records.
Posted by All-, Sunday, 29 April 2007 2:45:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All,

I don't want to make this a personal thing between you and me but I can't believe you are still going on about Whitlam. I don't know how many wars you served in but a widow of a man who honourably served his country in a time of war is asking for personal information about her dead husband and you're still going on about Whitlam. I'd like to see you get up on Anzac Day in front of a bunch of diggers and carry on about politics. I didn't like Whitlam either but some things are not appropriate. Your insensitivity astounds me.
Posted by Peppy, Sunday, 29 April 2007 3:08:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy