The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Can someone please help me understand this.

Can someone please help me understand this.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
On one hand Indonesia is complaining that they are overwhelmed by the number of refugees there and want Australia to take more.

1) What I don't understand is why do they let them into the country by the thousands when they know they are not tourist and have no intention of returning home to where they came from.

Bearing in mind Indonesia do not give them 1 cent nothing.

They only reason I can think of is that it is a deliberate tactic to undermine Australia socially and economically.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 1 April 2013 10:25:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Con't To my thinking Indonesia as a sovereign country and not constrained by the useless refugee conventions can simply say do not come to them and turn them away at the airport. Same with Malaysia.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 2 April 2013 9:22:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You probably got it in one Phillip, but most of them are bringing hard currency to pay the people smugglers & to live on while waiting.

I'm sure it is only after they have been relieved of that money that Indonesia wants them gone. They would hate to see them get out before their money was spent.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 2 April 2013 2:24:49 PM
Hasbeen has hit the nail on the head!

It's an opportunity for the Indonesian authorities to syphon off the refugees' money through gratuities and service fees.

I wouldn't trust the Indonesians as far as I could throw them. They tried to get me once in Jakarta but I stood my ground and refused to pay. I called their bluff and I won. They're a bunch of lowlife scumbags.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 2 April 2013 2:57:42 PM
The Government have just admitted more than 1,000 have arrived in the last week and that is still in the monsoon season.

The sooner the election day the better for Australia.

I do not like this saying but it is so true - we have tens of thousands of homeless Australians BUT NOT ONE HOMELESS REFUGEE, even ones who have committed crimes here.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 2 April 2013 3:33:07 PM
It has become such a racket that the travel time from Iran to Australia
is down to five days !
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 2 April 2013 4:07:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy