The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Election 2013

Election 2013

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All
It is not so much that they are objectionable, pelican.

>>I would love to know which Greens policies people find so objectionable.<<

After all, who can object to motherhood?

It is just that they are uniformly unworkable, and if implemented would rapidly turn this country into an economic wasteland, cut off from the rest of the world by what are unilaterally selfish international policies.
Posted by Pericles, Thursday, 7 February 2013 9:49:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I once heard a voter, on leaving the booth tell us he had voted in a balanced way.
He thought voting for Latham in the lower house and Howard in the senate was balanced.
Now greens do not need or have policy's, they know they can say anything, and never have to deliver.
Our future in the short term, may be controlled by minority's in the Senate, Katters kids, and until after a DD, greens.
But our basic truth is ,it returns to two party preferred.
Given a Liberal majority government looks the out come, rest assured a difference will not be hard to find.
Hard to avoid greens defense policy's, coal, anti timber, a host of job taking policy's.
And dare I, is PC a threat to honesty?
Hard hat on here I go!
The Gillard failure, along with NSW last Labor leader, and QLD,s
Men are not going to vote for a female LEADER, yet.
A great one will come one day, the slip from 12% under Brown to 9% under current leadership supports my thoughts
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 February 2013 3:10:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pelican, you are like many Green voters, regardless of what a poster like Belly will put up. His fear is that in some way The Greens are this terrible danger to Labor. The biggest danger to the Labor Party is the Labor Party.

SM you ask: "How would you feel about a DD election where you stand to lose much more?"
Unlike so many here I am not particularly concerned with or interested in 'short term politics', although it is of some importance. My interest lies in the longer term, and seeing people in power in this country that would make a real difference to the lives of ordinary Australian. I don't believe the big two parties represent the people. Come September there will be a changing of the guard in Canberra, but fundamentally nothing else will change. You ask about a DD, if that was to be, I see it as another fight to be fought in the political game.
(Belly you are the only one on this forum who never answer questions. I have put about 20 of them to you and you are yet to reply to one. Try this one from above. Belly as usual has nothing to say about those Labor hacks I asked about.)
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 7 February 2013 4:36:51 PM
He appears to be proud of it!

Cough!....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-07/brough-speaks-on-slipper-case-involvement/4506862
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 7 February 2013 6:42:43 PM
And so does Tony....

Cough, cough!.....
Posted by Poirot, Thursday, 7 February 2013 6:44:07 PM
Belly, "Men are not going to vote for a female LEADER, yet"

Codswallop. That is the tired old 'sexism' mantra of the radical feminist tuskers of last century. Eighties feminist B.S.

As well, it is their way of excusing the poor performance and shabby behaviour of the Gillards of the world, who ride the feminist bandwagon into jobs they are incapable of performing.

But just look at the evidence, it was (back room Labor) men who put Gillard there. Idiots. Rudd and other men have been shafted to get Gillard in, prop her up and serve as the whipping boys for her arrogance and excesses.

Gillard has had more support (and undeserved!) than any male leader could ever have dreamt of. Now Rudd is being suckered back to prop her up for the 8 month election campaign. -After what Gillard did to him!
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 7 February 2013 7:58:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy