The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Election 2013

Election 2013

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All
On election night I will be warn out trudging the streets hospitals and nursing homes pre polling the lot.
And the day at a polling place handing out HTV.
Not expecting to hope.
But will watch Katters kids, what roll will they play.
Greens how low will they go.
NSW how bad will it be.
QLD same.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 5:42:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pericles,

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

I would rather have policies on a web site regardless of how 'bad' you might think they are. If you want to read Labor Party policies, firstly pick up a copy of the police charge sheet against Thompson. Labor policy number 1. Spend the hard earned of low paid workers on pro's and a good time for yourself. Then take a trip to Sydney and listen to the grilling of Labor Party luminaries at the ICAC. Policy number 2 Get together with your Labor cronies and rip off the tax payers.

Policy 1 Rip off the workers for you own gain.
Policy 2 Rip off the tax payer for your own gain.

Labor only has 2 policies. and they both involve ripping people off.

Belly as usual has nothing to say about those Labor hacks I asked about. Its all a bad dream, one day you will wake up and realise it all true, what will you do then? At the NSW State election 'Hair-Doo' Keneally, another friend of Obeids, Eddie has friends in the ALP all over the place, 'Hair-Doo' copped a 16% swing. So Gillard should be looking at a minimum 10% in NSW.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 February 2013 7:21:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly as a rank and file ALP member I can see that handing out HTV's and sweeping up the butts after the wake to mourn the dead Labor Party is about the amount of power the ALP give to their rank and file.
To put you in the picture The Greens are risking very little at this election. One lower house seat and 3 senate positions Tas, SA and WA.
If Adam Bandt gets the flick from the lower house, so what its going to be a landslide to the Tories anyway.
As for the Senate we will hold our seats in Tas and SA and if we loose WA then we have a strong chance that Cate Faehrmann will get up in NSW.
Looks like you are in for one miserable election nigh.
My election interest centers around getting Cate elected and doing my best to see the incumbent Labor hack gets rolled in the local seat.
I am looking forward to 3 years of Abbottism, it will do The Greens no end of good. Its time for Australia to once again experience the Tories in all their glory.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 7 February 2013 6:08:39 AM
Paul,

How would you feel about a DD election where you stand to lose much more?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 7 February 2013 6:38:16 AM
SM you will not get an answer from old Paul.
May I answer?
Yes it is likely we will get a DD election.
While uninformed chooks will be surprised the nature of half Senate elections exposes only one Green to danger.
Katters kids will have an impact, but only in taking a Labor or Liberal Senate seat, IF anything.
A DD well yes it will be what ever else the near death of the greens.
And needed as much as this Parliament needs Civility.
I am , as you know, not overoptimistic about Labors chances.
But firmly more than hopeful, about a DD, by then Gillard will be gone, Abbott/Turnbull threatening,so may be sadly no DD fear may stop the we have no policy's but saying no, Tea Party.
DD please, we must get the nine per-centers and going down out of this country,s hair.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 7 February 2013 7:00:13 AM
I will continue to commit my vote to the Greens this election, but who to preference? I generally prefence Labor but this time my votes may go to other minorities such as the Pirate Party who are a small concern; while their focus is on copyright and censorship they also have an agenda of transparency and democratic reform. And there is hope of a Wikileaks Party being up before the election. Even KAP have a few good policies but they cannot be trusted with a far Right agenda on some aspects and their anti-gay stance reflects a failure of recognising human rights, so a bit risky from my POV.

Real change in representing people over the disproportionate influence of corporate interests will only come if we all vote with our feet. Telling the two major parties enough is enough is good for democracy. In essentials there is little to separate the LNP and ALP overall. The broader agenda is the same even if in the minutae of policy making there are some discernible differences.

I would love to know which Greens policies people find so objectionable.
Posted by pelican, Thursday, 7 February 2013 9:43:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All