The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Surely boarder protection means just that!

Surely boarder protection means just that!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Surely the words 'boarder protection' have a meaning.

For me, protecting our boarders should mean just that, and they should be protected by any means.

If the prefered action is to process these illegals, then the wording needs to be changed, as what this government is currently doing is not protecting our boarders.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 16 December 2012 9:50:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is an illusion of boarder protection only it implies stop or detect everyone, problem is a lot of the boats arrived at various ports or Islands without even being detected.
One even had to call 000 just outside Christmas Island port for the authorities to even realize it was there.

Years ago they spent Million on an over the horizon radar - white elephant

The major media have stopped reporting most arrivals now it is so common it is not newsworthy.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 16 December 2012 6:43:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gawd!

If you want to protect your boarders, then make sure your house has good security, feed them well and make sure they're in by 10 o'clock on weeknights (maybe 11 on weekends)....

(still no editing on the discussion thread headers!)
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 16 December 2012 8:15:14 PM
"Surely the words 'boarder protection' have a meaning.
For me, protecting our boarders should mean just that, and they should be protected by any means."

They do have a meaning, but as with lodgers they are marginal renters and so are not directly covered by the several state Residential Tenancies Acts.

It not being a federal matter, if in doubt of status or definition, contact your state's Tenants Advisory Bureau or Service.
Posted by WmTrevor, Sunday, 16 December 2012 8:16:44 PM
The clowns are out - you know he meant BORDER not boarder. Don't tell me you have never made a mistake.

I have one 3 threads down I meant Hairbrained but put it down wrong.

Get a life or people will start pointing out all your mistakes.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 16 December 2012 10:24:16 PM
Sorry, Phil - couldn't resist (I've bitched here before about the headers for this section being displayed unedited in all their typoed glory)

Anyway, I think we've got enough threads moaning about boat people (how many threads on one subject can we stand?)...one about the plight of boarders might have served as a change of pace.

Cheerio
Posted by Poirot, Sunday, 16 December 2012 11:51:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy