The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA shooting tragedy reopens gun control debate

USA shooting tragedy reopens gun control debate

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. All
The horrifying reports of 20 children and 7 adults being murdered by one lone gunman in the US, before he shot himself dead, really cemented my views about Australia standing firm on our current gun laws.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1720811/US-shooting-reopens-guns-debate

In fact, I would like to see all guns banned in Australia except for law and order or military purposes, and for farming.

I would like to see gun 'sporting' clubs closed down, and all political parties that are campaigning for even looser gun laws to be disbanded.

Shoot-em-up good ol' boys like Bob Katter and his ilk should learn to grow up and stop playing cowboys and Indians at their age.

Australia doesn't have the dreadful gun mass murders that plague the US, because we don't have 'the right to bear arms' in the same way as the Americans do, thank goodness.

Maybe some good will come out of this murder of 20 young children, in that finally America will take some action and revamp their archaic gun laws.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 15 December 2012 4:33:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes restrict gun availability by all means. But the politicians keep asking why these insane events happen. However there is never a genuine attempt, no holds barred, to find the truth. Like Air Crash investigations. It seems its OK because most men are bad, mad or both.
If you dare to look at many of the tradgeties eg Tasmania, Denmark and now this one, the men involved were dominated and/or abused by their mothers.The men were robbed of their manhood.
Testoserone was placed in men for a reason. To protect and pocreate the family. THe "never before occuring changes " to sex and society since WW2 must be understood or many more of these tradgeties will occur I believe.
Posted by laz91, Saturday, 15 December 2012 10:50:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is indeed a terrible tragedy that should never have happened.

This action by one crazy individual plays right into the hands of Governments insofar as it is now a few steps closer to getting all the guns out of the hands of citizens. Once that happens the only people will be Police, military and the criminals with guns.

Ultimately they would also like the criminals to not have guns but that is as wishful a reality of the police catching the big players in the drug trade instead of always the little fish.

Personally I would like NO guns full stop that won't happen.
So the next alternative is person should be able to own a gun to defend themselves and family but I believe a citizen has no real need for AK47 and other military style weapons.

If this lunatic did not have any guns would this tragedy have been averted I would say no because he would have got them or used some other method possible a bomb.

Regrettably with these lunatics it seem like the trend is to outdo what others have done. See who can be the most infamous.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 15 December 2012 11:07:26 PM
suseonline, "I would like to see all guns banned in Australia"

What would you do about China, suseonline? See here,

"Three children have been killed and more than a dozen injured in an axe attack at a primary school in southern China.

A man attacked a group of children gathered in a primary school classroom, killing three and injuring 13, state-run news agency Xinhua said.

Authorities arrested the man, surnamed Wu, after the attack in Pingnan county in Guangxi autonomous region, the report said, adding that he was mentally ill.

China has seen several violent attacks against children over the past two years, including a spate of five incidents in 2010 which killed 15 children and two adults and wounded more than 80.

The attacks have forced authorities to increase security around schools and led to calls for more research into the root causes of such acts."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/children-murdered-by-mad-axeman-in-china/story-fnd134gw-1226479175491
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 16 December 2012 4:43:45 AM
America has its problems.
Australia,s gun problems are different.
Lawless people useing guns we do not allow in, a lawless group kill here.
Mainstream Americans, killing with legal but unneeded weapons is a different thing.
America must fix its culture.
Australia just needs to enforce existing laws.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 16 December 2012 5:13:34 AM
Belly, that pretty much sums it up.

Well said!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 16 December 2012 6:03:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. 19
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy