The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > USA shooting tragedy reopens gun control debate

USA shooting tragedy reopens gun control debate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
Laz91, yes you are right, I AM a dreamboat :)

Belly, thanks for your nice post above.
I'm glad we can differ in opinion and yet still respect one another, as I do you.

I think I have said all I have to say on this subject for now.

I guess I will never be a fan of any gun , and nothing anyone can say will change my mind.
Thanks to all contributors for a robust response!
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 21 December 2012 11:37:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suseonline if some thing bad about a person is said, it grows wings and speeds to them.
We do not reward with the truth and respect we hold others in often enough.
As Christmas nears and we think of different things, threads like this will continue.
You posed a question that we all have answers for.
Wrong and right ones.
In the reality that is America, I am a fan of that country,achieving ANY CHANGE WILL BE HARD.
We, in our deliberations should take that in to consideration.
Private army,s, folk convinced the government is about to place have its citizens in concentration camps a host of very different problems
We may, and should look at what can be achieved and why America, a country most of us love is so troubled.
And why it is so splintered, before our love of them taints us.
Lets hope changes come without the death of folk who push new laws.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 22 December 2012 5:22:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So true Belly.
Have a wonderful Christmas :)
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 22 December 2012 11:21:20 AM
Thanks Suse you too and every one.
America land of the too free!
NRA,how awful! no group I know of seems to hate its own country more.
Put a*GUN MAN* in every school.
Based on the ability to think so lacking in that right wing group, that gun man may well kill the next lot of kids.
No Absolutes, no single answer, but fighting these fools would be a start.
I had a real life debate! here in my home! with Christmas visitors, who said we should have the right to own a gun.
I agreed, pointed out we do.
But too that kids in this country loved and cherished sons and daughters, have killed them selves with dads gun.
No Absolutes, but we can hope.
America can hope, but this strange freedom they cherish may stall action, freedom to murder children.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 22 December 2012 11:58:02 AM
While copy-cat offenders are attracted to schools signed as no gun zones to 'win' the tsunami of sensationalist media attention, surely it makes sense for security to be present. Choose a yardman trained appropriately.

If parents and the principal want to make a political statement with their own children and, advertise a target for the one in every million offender who desires celebrity status courtesy of irresponsible media,they could at least add the deterrent of a security officer.

In that case why should the security officer be armed solely with a speech of welcome and his battery torch? Assuming he is allowed to carry the possible weapon of a heavy torch.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 22 December 2012 6:38:23 PM
I dispare.
A long time I have been here using this site.
I am told over 10.000 posts to my credit, or is it discredit?
I see the post above mine and dispare.
I am unsure why I still post.
Unsure just what has taken place here.
Can anyone tell me the costs of an armed man in every school.
And just think with me, if you intended to MURDER kids would you not shoot the Gard first? gain another loaded gun?
What if the every day Gard went mad?
No ABSOLUTES, no clear and easy answers.
But as a pro gun ownership poster even I KNOW AMERICA MUST CHANGE.
I LEARNED MUCH HERE, FOR A BLOKE WITHOUT THE FORMAL EDUCATION WASTED ON some.
Even how to cut and paste,thanks OUG.
Well I am afraid this section of our site is no longer a place of learning.
Debate open and fair has gone.
Can SOME NOT SEE no easy answers exist.
to even think the answer is in MORE GUNS is in my view childish.
I will cut my contributions to just a few threads.
I may be disliked even sent to Coventry for my views, but this end of the forum is in trouble.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 22 December 2012 8:18:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All