The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Letter to Gillard

Letter to Gillard

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Paul1405,
I do not know sonofgloin, so can only speak for myself.

Haveing looked closely at the motives of the illegals, the route they take, How they get their travel docs and why they destroy them before arrival here and at why they are willing to pay far more than the current air fare to smugglers, I have came to the conclusion that the illegals are shonks that gate crash our country and lie to our officials.

Not the type of people we need in our society, they deserve our condemnation.

I will not pass the opportunity to correct others who try to portray them in a better light, than the con artists that they are. They are illegal entrants when they arrive and that is the term that should be used.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 10 December 2012 10:09:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

About your comment on black and white:

* there are more than forty million frefugees in the world. A huge proportion of them are in Africa. At one camp in Kenya, there are more than 300,000 refugees from Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Uganda and Somalia.

Some questions: how many of them would like to come to Australia ? How many have their names down, and how long have some of them been waiting their turn, in the queue ? Five years ? Ten years ? Who would you knock back ?

How many African refugees get on those boats to flee their dire situations ?

The dilemma for every one of those forty million refugees must be terrible and tragic, but there have to be some criteria for selection, I'm sure you would agree.

In my view, the government should double the refugee intake on the one hand, and develop much more 'persuasive' policies to discourage queue-jumpers and illegal immigrants on the other.

Dreadfully hard decisions must be made, but for everyone who criticises governments for their hard-heartedness, the question remains: what's YOUR upper limit, out of that forty million ? Who would you exclude, and put at the back of the queue, in favour of someone else ?

Some problems don't have easy solutions, that's for sure.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 10 December 2012 11:24:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am not sure what is being advocated. Is it that if we elect Abbott this will all stop?

Without brutality on the part of Australia it will not stop! Such brutality could be to undertake to shell and sink a percentage of the boats and actually carrying out that threat.

Most thinking people accept that curing the political and well-being problems in the home countries is the only long term solution.

The "no advantage" rules are about the only reasonably humane philosophy and course of action available to Australia's politicians.
Posted by Foyle, Monday, 10 December 2012 12:13:01 PM
It's interesting to read the various points of view.
Underneath it all, I still believe that Australians
are the most generous of people with big hearts.
And I also believe that none would turn away people
who are in dire need of help. Asylum-seekers are a
global problem and one that will remain with us for
some time yet. A problem regardless of whichever government is
in power - will have to deal with.

I also feel that in this country we are very fortunate.
Many Americans would love to have our Medicare System,
and our Healthcare, as well as our working conditions.
If we were to compare our lifestyle
with what's on offer elsewhere in the world, (including
the current state of our economy) - we'd realise just
how fortunate we really are. Perhaps that's the reason
so many want to come here.
Posted by Lexi, Monday, 10 December 2012 12:23:02 PM
Oh Lexi, your back !
I guess there is no internet up on that cloud nine where you have been.

To add insult to injury, the government has agreed to this payment to
poor countries because we have generated some co2.
China is one of the countries on the receiving end of this largess.
Where will they get it ?
Why, borrow it from the Chinese !
While they are at it they will borrow the money for the illegals.
Where will they get it ?
Why, borrow it from the Chinese !
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh !
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 10 December 2012 12:58:32 PM
Lexi - You are totally right with the reason for them coming in your last paragraph but the reason is the problem because THEY ARE ECONOMIC REFUGEES and most can't speak English so technically it is impossible to employ them so they end up as WELFARE FOR LIFERS at the expense of the taxpayer.

They can (or most can) be stopped Howard did it Rudd undid it.

In Germany and other countries they get a fraction of what German citizens get for welfare, but here they get the same. They Government says they don't but they do the shortfall is given in by the charities but the money etc comes from the taxpayers.

Starting last week thousands will be released into the community
Juliars motto WE WON"T HAVE ONE HOMELESS REFUGEE to bad for the homeless Australians and rent prices will start to go up in major cities because the Government will pay higher to make sure they get the houses.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 10 December 2012 1:06:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All