The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Letter to Gillard

Letter to Gillard

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
Dear Gillard,
Here are the latest costs for just picking up the seekers.

Program component
2012-2012
Offshore Asylum Seeker Management $689,018,000
Offshore Asylum Seeker Managemet - Service Delivery $308,202,000
Offshore Asylum Seeker Management - Policy Advice and Program Design $6,022,000
Refugee Status Determinations for Offshore Entry Persons $13,617,000
Refugee tatus Determinations for Offshore Entry Persons - Service Delivery $27,308,000
Total $1,044,167,000

I don't want to burden you with my problems but I have no time to concern myself with "this" particular Gillard lie or “that” particular Gillard lie, you see I'm looking forward to my disability scheme promise, sadly I will have to wait until 2018.

I was getting my teeth fixed via the government dental scheme, but you axed that last month....but you promised you would bring it back in 2014, so that is a pain….literally..

Unluckily I picked up a touch of cancer a while back but you axed the subsidy for the chemotherapy drugs that I was getting just last month and I cannot afford an extra $100 per treatment, but you said the $40 million is a needed budget cut.

But I still have a warm feeling inside knowing that my taxes are helping the asylum seekers find a better life after they fly to Indonesia and throw away their identity and travel documents. It costs me $200,000 per seeker and that is before they are let loose into the community and Centrelink then starts supporting them with a benefit that makes an old age pensioners bank account drool.

But that is no surprise….as you said “why give the pensioners a pay rise, they don’t vote for us anyway”. I guess you have found people who will vote for you to give our money to. I don’t want to be uncharitable but if 200 less asylum seekers had lobbed we would have the $40 million for the chemo drugs. Best of health Gillard.

Yours sincerely,
The Sick Taxpayer.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 9 December 2012 8:48:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sonogloin,
I have a critisism of you. You refered to these illegals as seekers, which is an insult to a good singing group of some years ago.

Plese refer to these free loaders and gate crashers by the proper terminolgy of illegal entrants or illegals, for short.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 9 December 2012 12:58:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SOG,

What a depressing state of affairs you seem to
find yourself in. Goodness me. Has it occurred to
you that perhaps you're expecting too much from
the government? Perhaps you should take some
responsibility yourself - such as getting medical
insurance to cover some of your dire expenses?
One minute the government is being criticised for
spending too much. Next for not spending enough.

As for asylum seekers? You need to do a bit more
research on this complicated topic. And have a
general re-think before you post.
Posted by Lexi, Sunday, 9 December 2012 1:08:12 PM
Lexi, my belle, all fair observations.

Re the "patient pay for thyself", a compassionate society carries both the fools and those sideswiped by fate that survive among us. I was not asking for more like greedy Oliver Twist, I am asking for restoration of something we had, something that saves the poorer Australians from suffering the fate of third world citizens...get sick....you die.

Re the asylum seekers, every five illegal boat people that willfully threw away their documents and then became our problem costs us 1 million dollars. Last month a boat with 70 appeared. That moment cost us 14 million dollars. The money Gillard took from the chemo subsidy pays for three boats of 70 illegals.

Not a complicated subject for me.

Part 1: Strong young men catch international flight, throw away their documents, board boats and tell our supposed boarder security anything they want. Cost “before” we house clothe feed and give them cash, 1 BILLION this year alone.

Part2: Fred Johnson, little education, spent most of his time as factory fodder, only achievement was paying taxes, retired with nothing has cancer and is on the chemo subsidy. Cost before we support him in his time of greatest need, negative, he was taxpaying. Cost to support him now…200 fit strong healthy illegals. Sorry Lexi, Fred wins.

Banjo>>You refered to these illegals as seekers, which is an insult to a good singing group of some years ago.<<
Banjo, my bride said exactly that!
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 9 December 2012 1:42:48 PM
sonofgloin - You have missed out on a lot of things.
1) the millions of extra dollars that were given to New Guinea to allow Manus to be reopened.
2) Hundreds of millions for the royal Australian taxi service to go 370kn or so into Indonesian waters to bring them to Australia.
3) The millions of dollars for legal fees for the refugees to challenge every decision.
4) The millions of dollars to repair facilities after they have rioted and burnt down buildings.
5) The cost of at least 2 times chartering a jet to bring 1 person from Christmas Island and 1 from Nauru.
6) The cost of police overtime attending the riots etc. (remember the SWAT team in Broadmeadows for 4 on the roof of the house.)
7) The HIDDEN cost of the thousands who have already been put into the community and looked after by the charities - THAT COST IS ULTIMATELY PAID BY TAX PAYERS.
8)The social cost because no welfare for lifers are homeless but thousands of Australians are.
9)The millions of dollars and equipment we give Indonesia to help them stop the boats (which they fail to do)

To name some.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 9 December 2012 1:56:13 PM
Let the people of Australia decide:

Those who like refugees - should pay to bring them in.

Those who like to provide dental, disability and cancer-assistance to the poor should direct their funds towards these noble causes.

Wouldn't you, Sonofgloin, feel better and warmer inside to have your medical needs met by caring people who gave their money freely to help you? or perhaps by Christians who believe they'll go to heaven as a result? or others perhaps who want to make up for their past bad actions? - that, rather than by an armed gang that takes people's wealth without their consent (what are such people normally called?)? Does becoming an accomplice to their actions make you feel nice and worthy?usually

As for the refugees, if you're going to help someone find a shelter in Australia with your own money, if you are not bound by conventions and formalities but by your own conscience alone, if you use only common-sense instead of legalities, then you would know much faster and with higher precision than any lawyers and agencies whether the people you pay to bring are genuine or not. When that happens and refugees come to know it, every refugee who has a shred of identification papers remaining, would keep them like gold.

I am not saying that Ms. Gillard couldn't help - she is more than welcome, but from her own purse, please!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 9 December 2012 3:42:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy