The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The PM did NOT lie about the carbon tax. If you can prove she lied, I'll donate $50 to any charity.

The PM did NOT lie about the carbon tax. If you can prove she lied, I'll donate $50 to any charity.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
That's right. "Prove" that the Prime Minister lied when she said "there will be no carbon tax", and I will donate $50 to the charity of your choice, if you are the first within this topic to "prove" she lied.

Firstly, we will get the definition of "lying" clear. For a lie to be a lie, there MUST be premeditation. When you tell the lie you MUST know *at the time of the lie* that you are not going to do what you say you are going to do. If you disagree with this simple and accurate definition, please DO NOT take part in this topic, as obviously you are beyond help.

So folks .... present your proof. Remember I said proof, NOT opinion.

If all you can offer is an opinion, please don't take part in this topic.

Here's a fact. The pre election Labor platform specifically said Labor would introduce a market based emissions reduction scheme. This is precisely what they are doing, because we transition into a full emissions trading scheme in 2015 .... result = election promise fulfilled. The actual fixed price element (carbon tax)only exists till then.

Fact = The PM said there would be no tax on carbon. So, the totally unforeseeable election count, meant that to achieve government Labor broke the promise of no carbon tax. They changed their stance due to post election circumstances.

Fact = a broken promise is NOT a lie (unless premeditation to break the promise existed during the making of the promise).

Now remember folks ... your "opinion" is not sought. I ONLY seek "proof" that the Prime Minister lied.

If you don't possess what you believe to be genuine proof, please don't participate in this topic.

Thank you.
Posted by DiamondPete, Monday, 15 October 2012 3:09:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But to do this right Pete, we need to have a fair, honest, high principled , nonpartisan judge -- I nominate myself for that position.

PS: Does Alan Austin know your plagiarized his favorite argument?
Posted by SPQR, Monday, 15 October 2012 6:25:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are right, Pete:

She said that "there will be no carbon tax" and indeed there is no carbon tax, only a tax named "carbon".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 15 October 2012 6:34:16 AM
Pete, who gives a tinker’s cuss that Gillard is a liar, plain and simple she is and we all know it.

What Gillard and her Labor criminals lie about is more fitting a subject matter.

Roxon is now playing with the facts about when she knew Thomson was in trouble. It seems it was well before she had previously stated. The same goes for Slippers anti women view.

Swan has manipulated the truth regarding our economy. It will be in surplus he tells us each year. The truth is record deficits each and every year they govern and a record Commonwealth debt to boot.

Give it a rest comrade, they are duds and liars supported by acolytes who ingest and dribble spin for their own personal gratification. Are you gratified comrade?
Posted by sonofgloin, Monday, 15 October 2012 6:34:29 AM
Agreed with Sonofgloin.Pure semantics pete.Juliar "There will be no carbon tax under the Govt I lead." Swan affirmed this position and called the Coatilion scare mongerers before the election.

The reality,Julia made a grubby deal with the Greens and Indpendants to steal power.The Coalition should have won and both Labor and the electorate know it.
Posted by Arjay, Monday, 15 October 2012 7:01:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Since day one women have had the right to change their mind, even the law states this, and at the most crucial of all times.
There was two elections at close intervals. What counted for one didn't account for the other.
Julia did say all promises were off, but that doesn't get much air time.
Abbott tells more lies than the PM. His inability to read a power bill is proof enough.
The roof didn't fall in, nor did the economy collapse, the sound you heard was Tony's jaw hitting the ground, when nothing happened.
Turnbull is the man for the job, Abbott's time is near.
Posted by 579, Monday, 15 October 2012 7:22:09 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy